Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 5

post #61 of 4157

Like with the MHP839, I'm gonna sit back and let the impressions roll in.  I ended up not buying the MHP839 and I'm not sorry about it.  I mean, for like $25 I wouldn't mind, but I'm not in a place where I can cop just out of curiosity.

 

Dsnuts or anyone else, what's the recable likelihood looking like on these?  I mean, if I get one it will be pried open inevitably.  Is it easy?  Not easy, but doable?  Or destructive?

post #62 of 4157
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikp View Post

Shipping to my place is a little over thirty dollars!! No way I'm getting these IEMs.. frown.gif


That sucks. Maybe some kind fellow will buy a couple dozen pairs to sell to the 30 dollar shipping zones.

 

I hear some guy did that with the KSC-75 some time ago.biggrin.gif

post #63 of 4157

Thanks Nuts.  Much appreciated.  Only 203 of them left as of right now....Nice!!!

post #64 of 4157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post


That sucks. Maybe some kind fellow will buy a couple dozen pairs to sell to the 30 dollar shipping zones.

 

I hear some guy did that with the KSC-75 some time ago.biggrin.gif



I would do that if I hear enough requests. Done through ebay.

post #65 of 4157
Just placed my order biggrin.gif
post #66 of 4157
Quote:
Originally Posted by NcHalfrican View Post

Just placed my order biggrin.gif


lol.. dsnuts look how many people are depending on you. whether a bust or a gem, you will be remembered for this lol

post #67 of 4157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkumaural View Post

Like with the MHP839, I'm gonna sit back and let the impressions roll in.  I ended up not buying the MHP839 and I'm not sorry about it.  I mean, for like $25 I wouldn't mind, but I'm not in a place where I can cop just out of curiosity.

 

Dsnuts or anyone else, what's the recable likelihood looking like on these?  I mean, if I get one it will be pried open inevitably.  Is it easy?  Not easy, but doable?  Or destructive?



I'd imagine that just like most lower end iem's, recabling isn't worth it. However, if you were to recable, it should be fairly straightforward; for 7 bucks, I'm sure they don't have any fancy gimmicks or wiring to worry about.

post #68 of 4157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkumaural View Post

Like with the MHP839, I'm gonna sit back and let the impressions roll in.  I ended up not buying the MHP839 and I'm not sorry about it.  I mean, for like $25 I wouldn't mind, but I'm not in a place where I can cop just out of curiosity.

 

Dsnuts or anyone else, what's the recable likelihood looking like on these?  I mean, if I get one it will be pried open inevitably.  Is it easy?  Not easy, but doable?  Or destructive?



 

Very doable. If you look at my pic on the beginning of the thread. Take a look at the back of the driver housing. Three micro screws that hold the back end of the vents. I bet those are it for screws to hold the half of the housing. At this price it will be inevitable that someone tries to improve on these.. These 14.2mm drivers in a wood housing? Hmmm..
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Thanks Nuts.  Much appreciated.  Only 203 of them left as of right now....Nice!!!



203.. Lets see. I am gonna guess that these will last maybe 2 weeks max if I am guessing correct on the popularity of these once a few guys throw in their impressions. That is why I have been telling people to snap them up before they are all gone.



Quote:
Originally Posted by xedjflowx View Post



lol.. dsnuts look how many people are depending on you. whether a bust or a gem, you will be remembered for this lol


Ya man I will be the embarrassment of the Headfi world. I purposefully threw up this thread so I can look like an ass eventually when all you guys get them and they sound like mudd. Lol!! Na I have a good feeling on these..

 

Now you guys have to remember these are budget IEMs..If you take them as such they will surprise. If you guys think these are gonna step all over your higher end IEMs, I will be the first person to tell you that will probably not be the case. But I do want to know from you guys just how these stack up to them.. Are they a blast to listen to music with?  .Absolutely!!

 

Just prepare yourselves for the inevitable WTF!! hahaha


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/17/11 at 6:01pm
post #69 of 4157

Monoprice's Premium Resonance Speakers looks and functions like the WOWee One Power Bass Speakers.

post #70 of 4157

I...I guess I could buy 5 of them by tomorrow. tongue_smile.gif

post #71 of 4157

Looks like I'll have to give these a try.  I just bought two pairs of Mee M9s on the cheap, so it'll be a nice comparison to see which one was better for the (low) price.  

post #72 of 4157

Looks like we've got a new FOTM here. :P

 

Not a bad thing, just saying. I'm in for one. I couldn't resist. etysmile.gif

post #73 of 4157

Order placed biggrin.gif Somehow I accumulated a bunch load of cheap IEMS, But at the same time  I have a sister that either 1. Lose them or 2. break them

post #74 of 4157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygomaticus View Post

Looks like I'll have to give these a try.  I just bought two pairs of Mee M9s on the cheap, so it'll be a nice comparison to see which one was better for the (low) price.  


Please do compare I assess the sound quality at around $150-$200 based on headphones I own, maybe even over that.. I have been using them all day and there is not a single aspect of the sound signature lacking on these.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post

Looks like we've got a new FOTM here. :P

 

Not a bad thing, just saying. I'm in for one. I couldn't resist. etysmile.gif


Ya but wouldn't it be awesome if all new finds were this cheap? You guys realize these cost as much as your starbucks cup o latte and a muffin?

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhaxx View Post

Order placed biggrin.gif Somehow I accumulated a bunch load of cheap IEMS, But at the same time  I have a sister that either 1. Lose them or 2. break them


I say once you hear these. You probably wont let your sister touch em.. Just buy her a pair.. I truly doubt you will have heard this level of sound from your other cheapos. These maybe cheap but the SQ is definitely not.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

I...I guess I could buy 5 of them by tomorrow. tongue_smile.gif

Wait till you hear them. That might be a good idea for gifts this Christmas.  I ordered my 4th pair today.. 4 pairs of these cost me $32 bux?
 

 


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/17/11 at 10:39pm
post #75 of 4157
Thread Starter 

I think for our Euro friends.. You guys that are interested in these. I say get together and buy a bulk amount for one shipment to a central location.. Wait till the impressions pour in on these. This may sound crazy as this whole thread is but.. Believe it or not spending $30 for shipping on these.. Are worth it..Even at the money value of $40 -$50. I honestly don't think there will be another IEM that will touch the SQ on these.  But again first thing first wait a few days for the impressions and comparisons to guys other higher end stuff.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..