screwy computer somehow grabbed my post as well and requoted....pardon me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF M200..PG835..Philips Fidelio S2.... Last post on Today at 10:05 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 276
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There's an edit function.
As for hearing loss, that shouldn't effect the actual physical feeling of bass considering that even a deaf person can feel it. And like I said, audibly it doesn't seem to sound different, just the feeling of "bass rumble" or whatever is located differently on both sides of my head.
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 3/29/14 at 12:55pm
I heard every single ear bud I tried shift the sound stage to my left for about a month and half. I tried shims to try to very the depth of insertion to compensate...did slightly but not enough. Used to drive me nuts and then after not listening for a week it simply went away. I was doing ear drop and cotton tips and all kinds of things. My right ear does build up a bit more wax than my left.
But nothing helped and I was freaking out. Initially I thought it was screwed up doping of one driver vs another on when I first heard it. Was testing a pair of my tweaked 9927's that were done
for my son. But it did the same on eveything i tried. What was weird is I would hold the earbuds equidistant about a foot in front of me and they sounded equally loud on both sides with the
vocals dead centered. Very weird. I have lost the upper few k of my hearing. At 23 i could hear clearly out to 20k. I might be lucky to get 13 or 14k now. No biggie.
So yeah ear problems suck, really suck.
You could go see an audiologist and have him check for you!
Good Luck and,
hmm, I have this problem with the balance sometimes when I had some fever and runny nose, I suspect it happen when inner ear have different pressure temporarily when I got sick. and maybe not just caused by runny nose many other condition possibly can shift your ear balance temporarily.
It turns out I have to use a large-ish medium sized tip in my right ear while using a smallish medium-sized tip in the left ear. However, one of the key things is that both tips must have a circumference that is relatively consistent for the length of the tip - a lot of tips have decently larger bases than ends, and that seems to prevent me from making the tip be comfortable for larger tips or not get a good enough seal with smaller tips.
One thing in particular is that getting a good seal has to happen at a bit deeper point in my right ear canal than my left. This combined with my inability to use tapering tips meant that most of the tips in the LostEarBuds sample pack that were at a comfortable size were actually too small at that deeper point inside my right ear, but the tips that were large enough for that deeper point were too large for the outer ear canal.
So for my right ear I'm using a medium-sized single flange tip that came with my sister's Xperia Pro. Turns out that the stem on the Xperia Pro tips extends something like 2mm farther out than the LostEarBuds medium-sized double flange tips, which are what I'm currently using in my left ear. Unfortunately thought the actual material used for the Xperia Pro tips isn't quite as smooth or soft and therefore isn't as comfortable...
tl;dr - Both ears needed more cylindrical tips, but the right ear also needed a tip with a longer stem.
(for reference triple flanges go way too deep and are too conical while foam is flat-out uncomfortable, heck I can't even sleep with earplugs for the same reason)
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 4/3/14 at 11:08pm
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › RHA - MA750 vs. Shure SE215 vs. Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › High Definition iTunes Music Downloads May Be on the Horizon 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5 sound quality 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 5 minutes ago
- › Need help/recs for closed headphones $250 or thereabout for... 5 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + Schiit Bifrost 6 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 7 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob