Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 273

post #4081 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfinfinity View Post

That is correct. In fact I believe that most people do buy either the black or silver (fabric cord) version.

Theres also the perception that fabric cables are more durable too soo ppl would opt for either the blk or the silver and because most ppl are blk whores( no offence) ppl buy blk
post #4082 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post
 

Surely there is no difference in sound or fit?

The white and pink use different tips than the silver and black IEMs.  I personally thought the tips for the white IEMs were actually usable; not great, but not crap like the black IEM tips were.  However I've never made absolute statements regarding said tips because I figured that some people would still think that they're below par, but ya know, nobody else has tried...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post


Theres also the perception that fabric cables are more durable too


This surprises me since one of the number one complaints about the IEMs seemed to be the fabric cord.  If I remember correctly, within the first 80 pages of this very thread, the tips and the cord were by far the two most common complaints.


Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 3/6/14 at 10:29pm
post #4083 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac View Post

The white and pink use different tips than the silver and black IEMs.  I personally thought the tips for the white IEMs were actually usable; not great, but not crap like the black IEM tips were.  However I've never made absolute statements regarding said tips because I figured that some people would still think that they're below par, but ya know, nobody else has tried...



This surprises me since one of the number one complaints about the IEMs seemed to be the fabric cord.  If I remember correctly, within the first 80 pages of this very thread, the tips and the cord were by far the two most common complaints.

Because the cable is made of fabric and making it durable u sont hsar complains, its a pretty durable cable for under 10$. On the downside yes microphonics are crazy, but i wear them over the ear, so cable noise is of little issus. But still its the same sound most ppl have other earphones, and if they see this post on head fi odds are the 8320 is not their first earphone so they have extra tips anyway. Just let it go dude, ans enjoy ur white ones. If someone new to the forum replies ur gonna keep advertising the white ones?cause thats what ur doing now
Why dont u just be the white monoprice ambassdor if someone complains about the silver/blk ones.
post #4084 of 4143

I'll try not to advertise the white ones without being asked about what the differences are, but I do still like to hear which color people buy.

 

As for having extra tips, these were actually the first IEMs I've ever bought - I only had some extra tips because my father got a pair of not-so-great IEMs from a business flight to Santiago, Chile and let me have them because he prefers over-the-ear headphones.


Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 3/7/14 at 5:28pm
post #4085 of 4143

Just got my pair.

 

With the medium gels that came in the box, the treble is piercing and harsh, with bass seriously lacking.

When I push them into my ears and move them around, though, there is a sweet spot (i guess, the point where I get a decent seal) where the bass comes alive and they sound great.

 

Just ordered the Comply foams, and I'm going to burn them in over night. woo

post #4086 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertianinja View Post
 

Just got my pair.

 

With the medium gels that came in the box, the treble is piercing and harsh, with bass seriously lacking.

When I push them into my ears and move them around, though, there is a sweet spot (i guess, the point where I get a decent seal) where the bass comes alive and they sound great.

 

Just ordered the Comply foams, and I'm going to burn them in over night. woo

 

What you described is the exact effect of a poor seal. That'll happen any pair when a good seal is not formed. 

When you pushed them in and adjusted you found a "sweet spot" - A good seal. 

 

You did the right thing, ordered new tips. Tip roll until you find a pair that seals well for you. Lots of advice on tips here in this thread on that as well. I had good luck with both wide-boar double-flange tips, sony hybrid narrow-boar tips, and triple-flange tips (amazing SQ, terrible comfort though for me). 

 

Check out Lostearbuds eBay store. Lots off good options. Can get a variety pack to try various types/sizes. It has been mentioned on here multiple time. 

post #4087 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post
 

 

What you described is the exact effect of a poor seal. That'll happen any pair when a good seal is not formed. 

When you pushed them in and adjusted you found a "sweet spot" - A good seal. 

 

You did the right thing, ordered new tips. Tip roll until you find a pair that seals well for you. Lots of advice on tips here in this thread on that as well. I had good luck with both wide-boar double-flange tips, sony hybrid narrow-boar tips, and triple-flange tips (amazing SQ, terrible comfort though for me). 

 

Check out Lostearbuds eBay store. Lots off good options. Can get a variety pack to try various types/sizes. It has been mentioned on here multiple time. 

 

I got the foams based on the positive reviews in this thread, but I have my reservations - I had expanding foams back with my old Shure E2Cs which provided great seals but would get dirty and itchy after a while.

I switched to gels on the E2Cs, which also provided a good seal, but were painful after prolonged use....maybe they were too stiff.

On my current VSONIC GR-07s, the gels are a little less stiff, and pretty comfortable.

I have never tried a double or triple flange gel.

 

If anything, I see these monoprice IEMs as a chance to cheaply explore different fits. Since they sound affirmatively bad with the wrong tips, maybe that'll help me find the perfect IEM tips for my ears.

post #4088 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertianinja View Post
 

Just got my pair.

 

And I just said I like to hear what color people get. :P

 

So what color did you buy?

post #4089 of 4143

Question about the Comply T-400 tips...

 

I got a combo box, and I immediately noticed that they don't match the little notch on the 9927 - you have to just jam them on there. Did I buy the wrong type?

 

Also, none of the three sizes worked for me. In fact, the sound was either worse or almost completely blocked. I have used memory foam tips before, and there has been a better result.

 

?

post #4090 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertianinja View Post
 

Question about the Comply T-400 tips...

 

I got a combo box, and I immediately noticed that they don't match the little notch on the 9927 - you have to just jam them on there. Did I buy the wrong type?

 

Also, none of the three sizes worked for me. In fact, the sound was either worse or almost completely blocked. I have used memory foam tips before, and there has been a better result.

 

?

 

The T-400's are the right model for the 9927's. They should fit nicely. With regards to sound, I'm not sure why they would be blocking out the sound. Perhaps contact their customer support.

post #4091 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfinfinity View Post
 

 

The T-400's are the right model for the 9927's. They should fit nicely. With regards to sound, I'm not sure why they would be blocking out the sound. Perhaps contact their customer support.

 

when you say "fit nicely" - the headphones have a notch that the bundled gels lock into. The T-400 tips don't have such a notch - the channel is just straight, so i had to just force them on. That doesn't seem right to me.

post #4092 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertianinja View Post
 

 

when you say "fit nicely" - the headphones have a notch that the bundled gels lock into. The T-400 tips don't have such a notch - the channel is just straight, so i had to just force them on. That doesn't seem right to me.

 

Comply Foam make about 5 different models of tips. Each are different sizes. Each model fit's about 25 different pairs of headphones. So the T-400's were not made specifically for the 9927's. They were however the best fit. Comply Foam is a pretty good company, they generally know what they are doing. I can't understand why the sound would be muffled.

post #4093 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertianinja View Post
 

Question about the Comply T-400 tips...

 

I got a combo box, and I immediately noticed that they don't match the little notch on the 9927 - you have to just jam them on there. Did I buy the wrong type?

 

Also, none of the three sizes worked for me. In fact, the sound was either worse or almost completely blocked. I have used memory foam tips before, and there has been a better result.

 

?

i think what your suffering from is this 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zc5meSooI

 

you need to compress the tips vertically exposing the nozzle/filter then compress it side ways 

post #4094 of 4143

So I tried some of my Beats Tour tips. The large triple flange was too big. the medium triple flange fit but it went in too far and touched my ear drum - I felt uncomfortable with em. The large mushroom one fit nicely in my ear and the comfort is much better than the stock tips. I lost my medium mushroom ones. 

post #4095 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

i think what your suffering from is this 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zc5meSooI

 

you need to compress the tips vertically exposing the nozzle/filter then compress it side ways 

 

That definitely made a big difference, thank you. Much better seal and the bass is there.

 

After testing this out, I noticed with the Medium tips that they were still expanding forwards when in my ear.

The Large tips seem to fare better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..