Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 217

post #3241 of 4144

I am actually getting a seal with the largest of the included silicone tips - I don't see how I can go over ear with these - the wire points down.... It's dark in my office and I'll have to mess around with these in daylight.

post #3242 of 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

I am actually getting a seal with the largest of the included silicone tips - I don't see how I can go over ear with these - the wire points down.... It's dark in my office and I'll have to mess around with these in daylight.


Switch sides, then they point up. Or, try getting the wire to exit to the front, then wrap around.

post #3243 of 4144

Worn properly (as far as I can tell) the wire of these 'phones should be emerging from the body pointing back and up; of course, each ear is different, so you'll have to wiggle the things around a bit in order to find the right fit. OTOH, there's no question that these are meant for over-the-ear wear; if nothing else, the cable microphonics would drive you crazy otherwise.

 

CORRECTION: I should have said forwards and up. Oops!



Regarding burn-in: My personal impression is that it does help with these, although it's very difficult to be 100% certain. (So far, I'm pretty certain that burn-in *did* make a big difference with my Vsonic VC02's - but that's a different piece of equipment.) I do know that the Monoprice technical-support guy I chatted with was quite firm in recommending a good long burn-in, and I'd think that he should know something about his own company's products. (I could be wrong, of course!)

Yesterday I tried the tape-over-the-ports trick on my burned-in Monoprice 8320's, and it does in fact seem to increase the bass dramatically - done up this way, the "enhanced bass" is definitely enhanced! I need to do a side-by-side comparison with my other (black version) Monoprice, which I haven't taped up; I also haven't done a full burn-in on that pair, so I'm not sure yet how valid the comparison will be. (Vaguely Sinister Wife is *not* thrilled with the constant noise of burning-in earphones coming from my study...)


Edited by DonRadlauer - 2/12/13 at 3:08pm
post #3244 of 4144
I got my pair today. Maybe it's just me, but I find the OEM tips to be very snug.
post #3245 of 4144

has anyone decided or thought about having the 8320 shelled for custom inner ears..  i dont have much experience with customs so im not sure if it were possible with such a large driver

post #3246 of 4144

While at first this thought made me laugh incredibly, then I wondered... what if it's truly a audio revelation!! But I think the mods that have been made demonstrate that it most likely won't magically turn into a top-tier earphone. 

post #3247 of 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

has anyone decided or thought about having the 8320 shelled for custom inner ears..  i dont have much experience with customs so im not sure if it were possible with such a large driver
I was thinking about getting 1964 to make a custom tip for $100 that goes over any IEM...
post #3248 of 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


I was thinking about getting 1964 to make a custom tip for $100 that goes over any IEM...

well i have mentioned before  and have posted links, to photobucket,  showing my crude silicone molds with the 8320's ,,,, the fit is perfect,, stays inplace  and sweat or long use doesnt bother me.. i never have to readjust to get the seal back,, or race against time to put them in as i do with the foamies..   the sound is still the same in my opinion and the comfort is unmatched. and the isolation is much better..   

 

making your own molds is a risky task but it was well worth it for me... i currently have three pairs of 8320's molded along with one pair of 9396..  i actually fell asleep lastnight with the 9396 and couldnt even tell they were on except for the dynamic parts of the music i was listening to..   

 

100 bux might be a lil steep but it might be something to look into

post #3249 of 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

well i have mentioned before  and have posted links, to photobucket,  showing my crude silicone molds with the 8320's ,,,, the fit is perfect,, stays inplace  and sweat or long use doesnt bother me.. i never have to readjust to get the seal back,, or race against time to put them in as i do with the foamies..   the sound is still the same in my opinion and the comfort is unmatched. and the isolation is much better..   

making your own molds is a risky task but it was well worth it for me... i currently have three pairs of 8320's molded along with one pair of 9396..  i actually fell asleep lastnight with the 9396 and couldnt even tell they were on except for the dynamic parts of the music i was listening to..   

100 bux might be a lil steep but it might be something to look into
It might not fit the nozzles though, you'll have to email them about it.
post #3250 of 4144

If you're considering making your own, most audiologists make impressions for ~$20. You could just drill out the impressions.

post #3251 of 4144

Got the 9927 today and I'm experiencing difficulty in getting a good fit and seal. The one time I did get a good fit and seal, I was pretty impressed with the sound. Bass was fuller than the TDK MT300 and had better/more treble presence. Slightly better detail retrieval as well and a slightly larger soundstage. However, the mids sounded....flat. Or I suppose less lively than the MT300. Perhaps more real?

Anyways, with my small selection of tips, I got the best fit with the MEElec 'short' biflanges. I was glad that I finally had tips to work with these and that I just have to figure out the proper insertion. Lo and behold, when I popped them out, one of the tips did not leave my ears. Of course I knew that I could somehow get it out of my ear but my mother did not share the same sentiment. I received quite a scolding from her while she removed it with tweezers, my dad laughing in the background. Note to self: find better fitting tips. tongue.gif

post #3252 of 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

I was thinking about getting 1964 to make a custom tip for $100 that goes over any IEM...

ok, now I see what you meant.. http://www.1964ears.com/products_customsleeves.html
post #3253 of 4144

Got bored and decided to have some fun with my 9927s. I still don't have a ton of time on them, maybe 15 hours or so. I was curious if they would benefit from my M/M stack vs my computers on-board sound card. Listening to some live Zeppelin on foobar. I don't know why, but the first thought that came to my mind was "that's stupid different." Going from the on-board to the M/M stack was like night and day. Every little detailed cleaned up in all ranges. I could hear the crowd behind the music clearly (not that I really wanted to) in parts where I couldn't. The bass finally grew a pair and came to the front to play, but its still a little anemic. The grit went away. The sound signature totally changed. The backup guitar that was WAY too forward with the on-board pulled back perfectly into line with the M/M stack. Gonna try listening to the same thing on my galaxy s2 and see how it differs when I get the chance.

 

These just became much more enjoyable. 

 

Did some other side tests. Noticed that they aren't as 'fast' or resolving as my Mad Dogs, not that I expected them to be. It really became apparent when I listened to the beginning of Postal Service - Brand New Colony where this is a back and forth 'swishing' sound. 

 

It was interesting that the bass on Geographer - Kites actually became decent enough to listen to, though it doesn't adequately portray the feeling that I get from other setups.

 

This gives me a reason to play around with these some more, and a good enough reason to pick up some comply tips I suppose. 

post #3254 of 4144

Would someone be willing to send me 2 pairs of 8320 to EU? I can give positive feedback plus 2$ fee for sending per pair..

post #3255 of 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post

Would someone be willing to send me 2 pairs of 8320 to EU? I can give positive feedback plus 2$ fee for sending per pair..

Why not buy them here?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..