Well its like the wiring is coming out of the sleeve everywhere lol I tend to travel a lot with them so im constantly folding them up and carrying them around...I can actually see the inner wiring coming out in many places too...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's take... Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
im sure this may ound dumb,, but do you have a case for them and are you careful in how you store/travel with them.... i have the 8320 for critical listening only and i have the 9396 for more active listening...
Well I use them for anything i need buds for...I have 4 other earbuds but they sound crappy compared to these so I dont even bother lol. I might just get another pair I guess there really is nothing else in this price range that can beat them?
I wish we could get this cable setup on them...Also curious how good these are..There are so many earbuds out there
My Comply Tx-400's came and this is the best money I've spent since the 8320 itself. They fit, seal, stay in place and sounds MUCH better.
With tips, I'm in at $10. They don't fit, sound, look, or function like $10 ear buds.
JosephL What are you reffering too? The Tx 400 make the Monoprice sound way better? Arent those tips like 20 bux?? lmk what u mean maybe the tips could help
Yes, actually I bought the t-400 but it's the same material as the TX. Sound is much better because I can get a good seal.
Just realized my review on Amazon for the 8320 is rated "Most Favorable"! Cool!
These remind me of the Grado SR60i or maybe more the Grado GR10. The GR10 is more detailed with better instrument separation and air, but they are very similar in sound signature. Paying $8 for something that is 80% of the to Grado's $399 IEM is pretty darn amazing.
yep, i'm a gradohead as well and feel they give me alot of the same musicality and wonderful balance and midrange. I can't say enough about these little acorns. They have a few minor faults up towards the top end of the eq but minor and I prefer these over the $600 grado ps500 and perhaps even all sr/rs on the market which tend to be more colored in non natural ways to my ears. I've never heard their iem's though and am frankly unmotivated to try them as I do not feel they would necessarily surpass what this 8320 does or at least in ways that matter to me.
btw, since joseph turned me on to mounting these with the cord down at the bottom instead of the top, and the body angled a bit up into the ear, i've had no noticable comfort issues and still sounds good to me......for reference, I did have comfort issues originally with the upward facing cord position and even felt the need to round over and shorten the 'tube' to try and alleviate. I now use a set that is bone stock and the revised downward cord postion and no issues.
i've stopped even being concerned actually since I received 5 more new sets recently. I compared a fresh set to my set with maybe 50 hours and they were so close actually. maybe a little warmer and fuller with burn in but it's much less different than it seemed originally (burn in affects that is ). It's more important to get the right fit and tips for your/my ear is my belief and I guess now i've got the hang of it so the new fresh set went right into the 'sweet spot' and maybe that's why it sounds so good right off the bat.
caveat...all my praise for these is at low to low/med volume. after that and for whatever reason, their faults really start to manifest and they are no longer enjoyable to me. Alot of phones have a sweet spot for volume and this one seems to be lower than some. Which is fine with me and poses no issues but if someone buys these and cranks them up, they will likely be unhappy and throw them in the nearest trash can missing all the joy they give at lower volumes.
- The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IC/FS/FT Shure 940 Velour pads 2 minutes ago
- › Audioengine A2 black desktop speakers 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)