Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 15

post #211 of 4143
Thread Starter 

This one..

post #212 of 4143

Hrm, I was just planning on buying the Brainwavz. Can you compare and contrast them? Which pair do you find better?

@Rickstahful


Edited by picklepie159 - 11/21/11 at 2:35pm
post #213 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkumaural View Post

So far not great... bass isn't as present as I would have thought...


Got mine today too, and I agree, so far not great and really lacking in the bass department.  I listened for an hour after listening to my cheapy Skull Candy Jib ($10) and there was practically nothing good about them at all, I made the joke about my 20 year old alarm clock sounding better than these.  After the hour I went back to the Jib and have put these on a two hour burn in diet...

 

I tried every which way I could to get a better seal or different angle, nothing changed.  Upside down, backwards, over the ear, straight down, whatever, all the same.  I even tried the Jib tip, no change.

 

So, we'll see... and they were only $8, so no big deal really.  Tonight, they get the pleasure of being plugged into the DNA Sonett.  They don't know how lucky they are.

post #214 of 4143

just a quick impression after eight hours. i will not qualify anything about the price till the end in the summary.

if you just spent some big bucks on a headphone you might want to stop reading here. what i have to say is making me a little angry too, more about that in conclusion.

first the opening.

cable was better than i expected, one set of tips. meh.

i fully expected when i picked these up on my way to work that i'd be listening to audio books today. curiosity got the better of me and i opened them. i was underwhelmed and went to the bag of tips. the best i've found so far is comply tx200. initially seemed a little bright, some people like that, i don't. the wax guard seems to help and rockbox on the clip treble was set to -3, bass went to +2. about an hour into listening i set the bass to flat. i can't ever recall having to do this with any headphone. Most of my iems are armature based. I listened to music all day. for the first few hours i wore them cable down then switched to cable up over ear. that position for me was much better. if the channels reversed bothered me i'd re-terminate them. for now i'll just pretend to be on stage. ;)

the song by magazine, sweetheart contract has a backing chorus, i had not heard this before and i stopped to go back in the file just to make sure. you see where i'm going with this?

bass: the song low by 16volt has a 40hertz tone, more of a rumble than note, it is audible, somewhat rough. by the end of the day the intro bass line in the song the walking dead by Startruckers was loud and clear.

http://startruckers.bandcamp.com/album/the-southern-sessions-2 <free dl if anyone is interested

overall presentation was relatively smooth, no booming one note bass and midrange a bit subdued but not unpleasant. I think with more burn in these will become warm and sweet. even at this point they are very musical.

 

now the anger: where is my hundred dollar headphone that sounds like a five hundred. based on this it can be done!

i like these much better than the soundmagic pl30, more than the hippo vbs, i even find the sound to resemble the shure se310 only more bass. one area this headphone is weak is isolation; easily forgivable.

no, i'm not getting rid of my brookstone clears or my TF10s those iems are too much fun. the 8320 are fun but require volume to get there; possibly more burn in. we shall see er... hear.

i'm almost positive that there are many more budget iems that punch right into the higher classes.i think headfiers; myself included, might equate more money with better sound. this monoprice 8320 is a real step towards getting more than you've come to expect.

thx ds for sharing this. i'm just a little shocked that they are this good.

 

edit: added bandcamp link

 


Edited by ri_toast - 11/21/11 at 2:48pm
post #215 of 4143

Wait, did you say the channels are reversed? Can't you just put the left in right and vice versa to fix this or do they have special contour designed for each ear? Please clarify. Thanks for your impressions.

post #216 of 4143
Thread Starter 

ksc75smile.gif

post #217 of 4143


Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrn View Post

Wait, did you say the channels are reversed? Can't you just put the left in right and vice versa to fix this or do they have special contour designed for each ear? Please clarify. Thanks for your impressions.

flip it over, left goes in right ear, right ear piece goes in left ear. the tube is angled, it just works better that way for me. so yes, the tube angle determines which ear it will go in. unless you listen to sound effects recordings or game in these headphones it shouldn't matter. it's like instead of looking at the band you are now onstage with the band. for you it might be better to find different tips, i know i'm still looking for maybe a double flange that will fit then i can wear the left/left and right/right. come to think of it i have seen games where they let you reverse channels. maybe that's not so much of an issue.

reversing channels is pretty common in hifi equipment, your not breaking the stereo image, just reversing the channels. foobar comes standard with this feature. i might add that when i use rockbox on the clip+ it's much more flexible in making adjustments to eq and soundfield. i used crossfeed and have width set to 90%. it's just what i prefer. your welcome for the impressions. i hope that answered your question and any reservation you might have about flipping them if you need to or want to.

 

 

post #218 of 4143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri_toast View Post

just a quick impression after eight hours. i will not qualify anything about the price till the end in the summary.

if you just spent some big bucks on a headphone you might want to stop reading here. what i have to say is making me a little angry too, more about that in conclusion.

first the opening.

cable was better than i expected, one set of tips. meh.

i fully expected when i picked these up on my way to work that i'd be listening to audio books today. curiosity got the better of me and i opened them. i was underwhelmed and went to the bag of tips. the best i've found so far is comply tx200. initially seemed a little bright, some people like that, i don't. the wax guard seems to help and rockbox on the clip treble was set to -3, bass went to +2. about an hour into listening i set the bass to flat. i can't ever recall having to do this with any headphone. Most of my iems are armature based. I listened to music all day. for the first few hours i wore them cable down then switched to cable up over ear. that position for me was much better. if the channels reversed bothered me i'd re-terminate them. for now i'll just pretend to be on stage. ;)

the song by magazine, sweetheart contract has a backing chorus, i had not heard this before and i stopped to go back in the file just to make sure. you see where i'm going with this?

bass: the song low by 16volt has a 40hertz tone, more of a rumble than note, it is audible, somewhat rough. by the end of the day the intro bass line in the song the walking dead by Startruckers was loud and clear.

http://startruckers.bandcamp.com/album/the-southern-sessions-2 <free dl if anyone is interested

overall presentation was relatively smooth, no booming one note bass and midrange a bit subdued but not unpleasant. I think with more burn in these will become warm and sweet. even at this point they are very musical.

 

now the anger: where is my hundred dollar headphone that sounds like a five hundred. based on this it can be done!

i like these much better than the soundmagic pl30, more than the hippo vbs, i even find the sound to resemble the shure se310 only more bass. one area this headphone is weak is isolation; easily forgivable.

no, i'm not getting rid of my brookstone clears or my TF10s those iems are too much fun. the 8320 are fun but require volume to get there; possibly more burn in. we shall see er... hear.

i'm almost positive that there are many more budget iems that punch right into the higher classes.i think headfiers; myself included, might equate more money with better sound. this monoprice 8320 is a real step towards getting more than you've come to expect.

thx ds for sharing this. i'm just a little shocked that they are this good.

 

edit: added bandcamp link

 


 


Hey.. I am glad you found a new one for the collection.Thanks for everyones impressions and adding to this thread. I appreciate all the guys that was curious enough through my recommend to try them and bought them based on my enthusiasm for these. These will not please everyone as nothing does,  but I think if we find a good tip that will add to the comfort. Maybe foam is what I am thinking.. in the top part of the stem maybe 112111164458.jpg?


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/11 at 3:48pm
post #219 of 4143

UPS just charged me bloody £14.45 in customs charges for my mini group buy!!! These better be worth it Dsnuts! eek.gif

post #220 of 4143
Thread Starter 

Well lets just say this is not the typical sound you expect.. What sound level you guys think it sounds like is up to you. They might sound like a party for your ears or not all that good to others... If you guys like them then you got a good find if you don't like them you can give them to someone that certainly will.. I only ask that you give it some time to adjust to the sound signature. The sound is definitely a energetic full sound with great bass. I love how bass sounds on these. With good seal these sound awesome..Enjoy your new earphones.

 

It ain't a matter of if I think you guys will like it. What is more important is finding an easy solution to get a foam tip on these. Maybe just throw on a ear plug foam with the center hole punched out.? I am gonna try that tonight. will report back findings and some pics.

 


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/11 at 4:07pm
post #221 of 4143

how many did you buy to get charge that amount.  Was thinking about getting 8 myself for Christmas stuffer.

post #222 of 4143

 

Quick unboxing video. I shall post some impressions later, but for now I am quite impressed!

 

Thanks again to Dsnuts. This is another lovely discovery! etysmile.gif

post #223 of 4143

Lol, couldn't wait for response.  Was only 11 in stock left, so I just ordered 5.  Only 6 left, so hurry for anyone else who wants to try these IEM.

post #224 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl5 View Post

Lol, couldn't wait for response.  Was only 11 in stock left, so I just ordered 5.  Only 6 left, so hurry for anyone else who wants to try these IEM.


wow, i saw this coming, i didn't think it would be so soon. blink.gif

post #225 of 4143

Only 1 left at this very moment!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..