screwy computer somehow grabbed my post as well and requoted....pardon me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 Last post on Today at 1:21 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 276
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There's an edit function.
As for hearing loss, that shouldn't effect the actual physical feeling of bass considering that even a deaf person can feel it. And like I said, audibly it doesn't seem to sound different, just the feeling of "bass rumble" or whatever is located differently on both sides of my head.
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 3/29/14 at 12:55pm
I heard every single ear bud I tried shift the sound stage to my left for about a month and half. I tried shims to try to very the depth of insertion to compensate...did slightly but not enough. Used to drive me nuts and then after not listening for a week it simply went away. I was doing ear drop and cotton tips and all kinds of things. My right ear does build up a bit more wax than my left.
But nothing helped and I was freaking out. Initially I thought it was screwed up doping of one driver vs another on when I first heard it. Was testing a pair of my tweaked 9927's that were done
for my son. But it did the same on eveything i tried. What was weird is I would hold the earbuds equidistant about a foot in front of me and they sounded equally loud on both sides with the
vocals dead centered. Very weird. I have lost the upper few k of my hearing. At 23 i could hear clearly out to 20k. I might be lucky to get 13 or 14k now. No biggie.
So yeah ear problems suck, really suck.
You could go see an audiologist and have him check for you!
Good Luck and,
hmm, I have this problem with the balance sometimes when I had some fever and runny nose, I suspect it happen when inner ear have different pressure temporarily when I got sick. and maybe not just caused by runny nose many other condition possibly can shift your ear balance temporarily.
It turns out I have to use a large-ish medium sized tip in my right ear while using a smallish medium-sized tip in the left ear. However, one of the key things is that both tips must have a circumference that is relatively consistent for the length of the tip - a lot of tips have decently larger bases than ends, and that seems to prevent me from making the tip be comfortable for larger tips or not get a good enough seal with smaller tips.
One thing in particular is that getting a good seal has to happen at a bit deeper point in my right ear canal than my left. This combined with my inability to use tapering tips meant that most of the tips in the LostEarBuds sample pack that were at a comfortable size were actually too small at that deeper point inside my right ear, but the tips that were large enough for that deeper point were too large for the outer ear canal.
So for my right ear I'm using a medium-sized single flange tip that came with my sister's Xperia Pro. Turns out that the stem on the Xperia Pro tips extends something like 2mm farther out than the LostEarBuds medium-sized double flange tips, which are what I'm currently using in my left ear. Unfortunately thought the actual material used for the Xperia Pro tips isn't quite as smooth or soft and therefore isn't as comfortable...
tl;dr - Both ears needed more cylindrical tips, but the right ear also needed a tip with a longer stem.
(for reference triple flanges go way too deep and are too conical while foam is flat-out uncomfortable, heck I can't even sleep with earplugs for the same reason)
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 4/3/14 at 11:08pm
I have tried these headphones with a few different ear gels, and the sound has been consistently thin....absolutely no bass. This has been the same with the Meelectronics double-flange, foam tips, etc. I usually use medium-size gels.
...except today, I put them on with the Large stock ear gels, I simply didn't push them all the way into my ear canal. I put on the large ear gels and just pushed them far enough so they wouldn't fall out. Suddenly there was plenty of bass.
What's going on? With all my other IEMs, pushing them further in has yielded better isolation and better sound. With these, it's the opposite. WTF?
I think it's related to the stem and/or possibly pushing the tip farther down the stem or something. I have run into this same issue when trying to get a proper seal in my right ear canal (as I detailed above it's quite finicky vs my left ear which "just works" - now I'm using a medium stock 9963 tip in my right ear).
One thing I have at least noticed is that the lostearbuds triple-flange tips seem to "just work", so they're great for testing audio and stuff. However, I personally find triple-flange tips to be quite uncomfortable due to the depth.
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 4/25/14 at 12:52pm
Buying another pair of these, since buying a BlackBerry 9000 for school use I'll actually have use for IEMs again, would prefer not using KSC75s in my school. If anyone would have use for a BlackBerry 9000, gsm unlocked, they have a few with issues for 10 usd, and one perfect working. Those with issues come with no battery or battery cover but those can be had cheap.
(Nintendo Maniac, is that you? From OCN?)
Just don't be boring and buy the same color. :P
Yes, same person from OCN. However, I'm not really "from" OCN, I just use the same name pretty much everywhere on the internet and have been doing so for over 10 years now. (by comparison I've only been on OCN since 2010)
I was thinking I'd buy another black and a silver. I'm not a white fan, and I'm a dude, so no pink.
This always seems to be the case on Head-Fi, commonly due purely to not wanting anything even remotely associated with Apple. Of course, ever since the introduction of brushed aluminum, glossy white isn't even Apple's main color scheme anymore, so...
You're aware that pink was a masculine color in the 20s, right? Even in the 50s it was still not unheard of for men to use said color.
And at one time this was popular...
That doesn't mean it's a good idea to dress like that now.
Oh wait! The terrible, never should have returned 80's style is back. ***** me. Who let this happen?
Hmm, I've never had problems with white things getting dirty...
Then again, I'm kind of OCD (and my mother especially is) when it comes to visible dirt on anything, so there wouldn't really be a way for dirt and stuff to get on them. I don't mind dust however, though it's not that present in the first place due to a moderately humid climate (my mother gets annoyed by dust though).
lol i'm using a pair of pink philips she3590s soo if you have the confidence to rock it. colour is irrelevant
white does naturally get dirty, yellow, dingy though so i'm not surprised people still getting black. oh well, i personally love the colour white soo to each their own
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 6 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...