screwy computer somehow grabbed my post as well and requoted....pardon me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207. Last post on Today at 3:12 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 276
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4127 of 42903/29/14 at 12:46pm
There's an edit function.
As for hearing loss, that shouldn't effect the actual physical feeling of bass considering that even a deaf person can feel it. And like I said, audibly it doesn't seem to sound different, just the feeling of "bass rumble" or whatever is located differently on both sides of my head.
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 3/29/14 at 12:55pmpost #4128 of 42903/29/14 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgwtriode
I heard every single ear bud I tried shift the sound stage to my left for about a month and half. I tried shims to try to very the depth of insertion to compensate...did slightly but not enough. Used to drive me nuts and then after not listening for a week it simply went away. I was doing ear drop and cotton tips and all kinds of things. My right ear does build up a bit more wax than my left.
But nothing helped and I was freaking out. Initially I thought it was screwed up doping of one driver vs another on when I first heard it. Was testing a pair of my tweaked 9927's that were done
for my son. But it did the same on eveything i tried. What was weird is I would hold the earbuds equidistant about a foot in front of me and they sounded equally loud on both sides with the
vocals dead centered. Very weird. I have lost the upper few k of my hearing. At 23 i could hear clearly out to 20k. I might be lucky to get 13 or 14k now. No biggie.
So yeah ear problems suck, really suck.
You could go see an audiologist and have him check for you!
Good Luck and,
hmm, I have this problem with the balance sometimes when I had some fever and runny nose, I suspect it happen when inner ear have different pressure temporarily when I got sick. and maybe not just caused by runny nose many other condition possibly can shift your ear balance temporarily.post #4129 of 42904/3/14 at 10:30pmI have a new theory regarding the different-feeling bass in my right ear. It would seem that my right ear canal is larger than my left ear canal. I had thought this to be the case, but it's more than that - the optimal "seal point" in my right ear is also at a deeper point than it is in my left ear.
It turns out I have to use a large-ish medium sized tip in my right ear while using a smallish medium-sized tip in the left ear. However, one of the key things is that both tips must have a circumference that is relatively consistent for the length of the tip - a lot of tips have decently larger bases than ends, and that seems to prevent me from making the tip be comfortable for larger tips or not get a good enough seal with smaller tips.
One thing in particular is that getting a good seal has to happen at a bit deeper point in my right ear canal than my left. This combined with my inability to use tapering tips meant that most of the tips in the LostEarBuds sample pack that were at a comfortable size were actually too small at that deeper point inside my right ear, but the tips that were large enough for that deeper point were too large for the outer ear canal.
So for my right ear I'm using a medium-sized single flange tip that came with my sister's Xperia Pro. Turns out that the stem on the Xperia Pro tips extends something like 2mm farther out than the LostEarBuds medium-sized double flange tips, which are what I'm currently using in my left ear. Unfortunately thought the actual material used for the Xperia Pro tips isn't quite as smooth or soft and therefore isn't as comfortable...
tl;dr - Both ears needed more cylindrical tips, but the right ear also needed a tip with a longer stem.
(for reference triple flanges go way too deep and are too conical while foam is flat-out uncomfortable, heck I can't even sleep with earplugs for the same reason)
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 4/3/14 at 11:08pmpost #4130 of 42904/25/14 at 11:25am
I have tried these headphones with a few different ear gels, and the sound has been consistently thin....absolutely no bass. This has been the same with the Meelectronics double-flange, foam tips, etc. I usually use medium-size gels.
...except today, I put them on with the Large stock ear gels, I simply didn't push them all the way into my ear canal. I put on the large ear gels and just pushed them far enough so they wouldn't fall out. Suddenly there was plenty of bass.
What's going on? With all my other IEMs, pushing them further in has yielded better isolation and better sound. With these, it's the opposite. WTF?post #4131 of 42904/25/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
I think it's related to the stem and/or possibly pushing the tip farther down the stem or something. I have run into this same issue when trying to get a proper seal in my right ear canal (as I detailed above it's quite finicky vs my left ear which "just works" - now I'm using a medium stock 9963 tip in my right ear).
One thing I have at least noticed is that the lostearbuds triple-flange tips seem to "just work", so they're great for testing audio and stuff. However, I personally find triple-flange tips to be quite uncomfortable due to the depth.
Edited by Nintendo Maniac - 4/25/14 at 12:52pmpost #4132 of 42907/8/14 at 7:47pmTime for a thread revival.
Buying another pair of these, since buying a BlackBerry 9000 for school use I'll actually have use for IEMs again, would prefer not using KSC75s in my school. If anyone would have use for a BlackBerry 9000, gsm unlocked, they have a few with issues for 10 usd, and one perfect working. Those with issues come with no battery or battery cover but those can be had cheap.
(Nintendo Maniac, is that you? From OCN?)post #4133 of 42907/8/14 at 8:17pm
Just don't be boring and buy the same color. :P
Yes, same person from OCN. However, I'm not really "from" OCN, I just use the same name pretty much everywhere on the internet and have been doing so for over 10 years now. (by comparison I've only been on OCN since 2010)post #4134 of 42907/9/14 at 3:57amQuote:Well duh, but that's the only other place I've seen you.
I was thinking I'd buy another black and a silver. I'm not a white fan, and I'm a dude, so no pink.post #4135 of 42907/9/14 at 11:22am
This always seems to be the case on Head-Fi, commonly due purely to not wanting anything even remotely associated with Apple. Of course, ever since the introduction of brushed aluminum, glossy white isn't even Apple's main color scheme anymore, so...
You're aware that pink was a masculine color in the 20s, right? Even in the 50s it was still not unheard of for men to use said color.post #4136 of 42907/9/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
And at one time this was popular...
That doesn't mean it's a good idea to dress like that now.
Oh wait! The terrible, never should have returned 80's style is back. ***** me. Who let this happen?post #4137 of 42907/9/14 at 3:53pmpost #4138 of 42907/9/14 at 8:01pm
Hmm, I've never had problems with white things getting dirty...
Then again, I'm kind of OCD (and my mother especially is) when it comes to visible dirt on anything, so there wouldn't really be a way for dirt and stuff to get on them. I don't mind dust however, though it's not that present in the first place due to a moderately humid climate (my mother gets annoyed by dust though).post #4139 of 42907/9/14 at 8:47pmQuote:
lol i'm using a pair of pink philips she3590s soo if you have the confidence to rock it. colour is irrelevant
white does naturally get dirty, yellow, dingy though so i'm not surprised people still getting black. oh well, i personally love the colour white soo to each their ownReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 45 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Meet at Bottleheadquarters 05/06/2017 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear