what about the wiring. what would I cost to use a better cable?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 Last post on Today at 5:14 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 247post #3691 of 42887/5/13 at 9:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3692 of 42887/5/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
Depends on what cable/material/connectors/sleeving you want. It's fairly simple to do on the buds since they open up so easy.
The only hassles are desoldering the conductors from the driver with minimal heat and then feeding the new cable through the old strain relief.post #3693 of 42887/17/13 at 3:07pmpost #3694 of 42887/18/13 at 11:01pmpost #3695 of 42887/19/13 at 1:12pmQuote:post #3696 of 42887/19/13 at 2:05pmpost #3697 of 42887/21/13 at 8:20pmpost #3698 of 42887/23/13 at 10:40amThought this was worth cross posting from the IEM Deals thread. The Monoprice 9963 (White 8320) is on sale for $6.43 + shipping today: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9963&seq=1&format=2post #3699 of 42887/23/13 at 2:52pmpost #3700 of 42887/23/13 at 7:18pmpost #3701 of 42887/23/13 at 8:54pmpost #3702 of 42887/25/13 at 12:36amQuote:
If you wear them over the ear or with those over the ear guides that jaejw1 posted, then you should be able to avoid most of the microphonics (rubbing noise). Wearing them down without a clip would definitely still have noise issues.post #3703 of 42887/27/13 at 8:06pm
For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.post #3704 of 42887/28/13 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Icy56
For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.
I personally prefer the 8320's signature over common reference-level. It's mainly because of the price.post #3705 of 42887/28/13 at 2:03pmQuote:
+1. I like them because they are not reference.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Massdrop x AKG K7XX Red Edition 38 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics ES3 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Apogee ONE for iOS iPhone/iPad & Mac Portable Headphone Amp /DAC ... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 IEM (Mint) 3 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear