what about the wiring. what would I cost to use a better cable?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 Last post on 2/16/17 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 247post #3691 of 42907/5/13 at 9:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3692 of 42907/5/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
Depends on what cable/material/connectors/sleeving you want. It's fairly simple to do on the buds since they open up so easy.
The only hassles are desoldering the conductors from the driver with minimal heat and then feeding the new cable through the old strain relief.post #3693 of 42907/17/13 at 3:07pmpost #3694 of 42907/18/13 at 11:01pmpost #3695 of 42907/19/13 at 1:12pmQuote:post #3696 of 42907/19/13 at 2:05pmpost #3697 of 42907/21/13 at 8:20pmpost #3698 of 42907/23/13 at 10:40amThought this was worth cross posting from the IEM Deals thread. The Monoprice 9963 (White 8320) is on sale for $6.43 + shipping today: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9963&seq=1&format=2post #3699 of 42907/23/13 at 2:52pmpost #3700 of 42907/23/13 at 7:18pmpost #3701 of 42907/23/13 at 8:54pmpost #3702 of 42907/25/13 at 12:36amQuote:
If you wear them over the ear or with those over the ear guides that jaejw1 posted, then you should be able to avoid most of the microphonics (rubbing noise). Wearing them down without a clip would definitely still have noise issues.post #3703 of 42907/27/13 at 8:06pm
For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.post #3704 of 42907/28/13 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Icy56
For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.
I personally prefer the 8320's signature over common reference-level. It's mainly because of the price.post #3705 of 42907/28/13 at 2:03pmQuote:
+1. I like them because they are not reference.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with choosing Dac/amp for AKG K712 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear