Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 247

post #3691 of 4181

what about the wiring. what would I cost to use a better cable?

post #3692 of 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by valtopps View Post

what about the wiring. what would I cost to use a better cable?

 

Depends on what cable/material/connectors/sleeving you want. It's fairly simple to do on the buds since they open up so easy.

 

The only hassles are desoldering the conductors from the driver with minimal heat and then feeding the new cable through the old strain relief. 

post #3693 of 4181

Just got my black MEP-933s. They have such great bass, and I can get a proper seal even wearing the wrong way.

post #3694 of 4181
Does anyone sell an aftermarket cord choker? These cables keep slipping off of my ears
post #3695 of 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diqkiq View Post

Does anyone sell an aftermarket cord choker? These cables keep slipping off of my ears

 

have you tried these... work like a charm.. http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Over_the_Ear_Cable_Guides_p/ep-cableguide-bk.htm
post #3696 of 4181

@jaejw Thanks! I never knew those existed! I'll just need to wait till they are in stock.

post #3697 of 4181
No prob... they work great...
post #3698 of 4181
Thought this was worth cross posting from the IEM Deals thread. The Monoprice 9963 (White 8320) is on sale for $6.43 + shipping today: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9963&seq=1&format=2
post #3699 of 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diqkiq View Post

@jaejw Thanks! I never knew those existed! I'll just need to wait till they are in stock.

 

You can just make a cinch using a cable tie.  Works fine.

post #3700 of 4181

Sometimes I wonder who they have in charge at MP for pricing.  I'd imagine if they initially sold these at double the price @ $12, it would still be a popular item... 

post #3701 of 4181

I'm thinking of buying these. Can these be ok for jogging without the annoying wire rubbing noise?


Edited by tarbo - 7/23/13 at 8:57pm
post #3702 of 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbo View Post

I'm thinking of buying these. Can these be ok for jogging without the annoying wire rubbing noise?

 

If you wear them over the ear or with those over the ear guides that jaejw1 posted, then you should be able to avoid most of the microphonics (rubbing noise). Wearing them down without a clip would definitely still have noise issues. 

post #3703 of 4181

For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2372750

post #3704 of 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy56 View Post

For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2372750


I personally prefer the 8320's signature over common reference-level. It's mainly because of the price. 

post #3705 of 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post


I personally prefer the 8320's signature over common reference-level. It's mainly because of the price. 

+1. I like them because they are not reference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..