- 493 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207. Last post on Today at 3:12 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 232post #3466 of 42904/3/13 at 10:05amHey jaejw1 I just got a set of Phillips she3580. I think I'm gonna try that tip you told me about using the stock silicones since these things need deeper insertion
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 42904/3/13 at 11:36am
make sure you protect the inside of the tips,,, the silicone mix will fuse to it making it hard to scrape out.... i stuff mine with cotton or u can use tape but the tape will prevent the silicone fromm fusing to whatever part the tape is covering...post #3468 of 42904/3/13 at 11:53am
I've just found out about the blue (I mean, white), pink, and black varieties - I remember earlier in the thread, Dsnuts talked about emailing Monoprice about new colours and non-cloth cords on these in ears.....
Edit = Turns out the blue is actually white! Even better...
Edited by sunjigglet - 4/3/13 at 11:55ampost #3469 of 42904/3/13 at 11:57ampost #3470 of 42904/3/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
Does the white one have a rubberized cord? I know it looks like it in the picture, but the black ones (9927) are cloth, and part of the same revision as the other colors...post #3471 of 42904/4/13 at 2:38am
I saw the white one and the pink one have rubber-cord while the black one still has cloth-cord , is that right ? plz anyone confirm it for me . And I wonder that does the silver one have cool box like the others since they cost the samepost #3472 of 42904/4/13 at 1:29pm
Finally got around to ordering and making some custom molds for these. Big thanks to jaejw1 for the idea and Westone links. These are sounding great and are the most comfortable IEM's I have now. No more fit issues and the silicone singles comes with plenty of material to experiment with.post #3473 of 42904/4/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
I don't know about the cable, though it appears so from the pictures. The silver model is outdated, it is a chrome finish rather than rubberized and quite uncomfortable. Unsure about the packaging, if that what you are talking about. None of them have a carrying case. The silver also only have 1 size of tips included.post #3474 of 42904/4/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmd107
Finally got around to ordering and making some custom molds for these. Big thanks to jaejw1 for the idea and Westone links. These are sounding great and are the most comfortable IEM's I have now. No more fit issues and the silicone singles comes with plenty of material to experiment with.
sweet,,,, are you using the single flanged tips?post #3475 of 42904/4/13 at 3:42pmpost #3476 of 42904/4/13 at 4:35pm
Yup, cut off the single flange, works great. I need to experiment with a smaller amount of the mold I think. I can't believe how comfortable they are though. Prior to the molds I was using part of a CAT5 cable cut off and earplugs (idea was brought up way early on in thread), this is a much better method.post #3477 of 42904/4/13 at 6:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmd107
Yup, cut off the single flange, works great. I need to experiment with a smaller amount of the mold I think. I can't believe how comfortable they are though. Prior to the molds I was using part of a CAT5 cable cut off and earplugs (idea was brought up way early on in thread), this is a much better method.
yep.. they disappear in your ear once they reach body temp... yes, try experimenting with less mix to create the mold on the single flange tip or use an inexpensive double flange.. the tips can then be used with other earphones...post #3478 of 42904/5/13 at 1:08am
^^ that's pretty amazing. That must have been a lot of fun to do. Any chance I'd consider paying 215$ for a 38$ can...nope, but I sincerely hope that someone picks up these one of a kind beauties.post #3479 of 42904/5/13 at 9:57amQuote:
I don't know about the cable, though it appears so from the pictures. The silver model is outdated, it is a chrome finish rather than rubberized and quite uncomfortable. Unsure about the packaging, if that what you are talking about. None of them have a carrying case. The silver also only have 1 size of tips included.Hi, Mark here from the UK. I am an official reseller for Monoprice shipping worldwide and our stock of the new models just came in so I can try and answer your questions.1) The Silver and the Black share the same cloth cable while the White and Pink have the rubberised finish (and white ear tips).2) All models, including the Silver, now come in the same retail packaging with 3 pairs of ear tips so, yes, Silver now comes in the cool box like the others. Some sellers, like me, still have stock of the previous unboxed Silver 8320s so you will see then for some time selling through. I sell outside the USA so the boxed products are a real problem for shipping costs so what I do is sell them both boxed and unboxed.The ear tips are a problem for many people. To address this, starting next week, all my Monoprice 8320 (silver)/9927 (black)/9960 (pink)/9963 (white) will ship with Comply S-400 foam tips included either unboxed with one pair of medium or boxed with one pair each of small, medium and large.I also include at least 6 extra pairs of cheap silicon ear tips.I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if I can help further.post #3480 of 42904/5/13 at 2:51pm
I am quite jealous that the white ones came out...
They have a better finish and better cord. Kinda itching to get a pair, even though the silver ones I bought have been serving me well for a few months now.
Can anyone confirm if the white/pink model with the rubber cord are less tangle prone?
I've been using the silver ones with a cloth cord, and there's still a lot of memory in the cord from how it was originally shipped.
Considering Monoprice is a cable vendor, you would think they would ship the headphones out coiled up or something.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 28 seconds ago
- › Grado RS2E 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Colored amp options for AKG K712? 2 minutes ago
- › Periodic Audio EIMs Mg, Ti, Be 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear