@HAMS- I tried your eartip mod on a few pairs of my iems I never really liked. Some did not improve, but I had a pair of Panasonic hje270 that were $9 that now sound a lot like the 8320's after this mod. They were always too congested/ muffled sounding but backing them away with longer nozzles cleared them up a lot, made them more balanced sounding, and even seemed to increase soundstage a little. Thanks for sharing this cool idea
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by Jant71. Page 2207. Last post on Yesterday at 3:57 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 203
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3032 of 42901/5/13 at 2:18pm
Thanks, for monoprice mod I use smaller size tips than my previous tips because it can't insert deeper and no good isolation at all, with smaller tips it can go deeper, now I like this mod tips more than my previous tips which I thought was good sealed.
post #3033 of 42901/6/13 at 2:17ampost #3034 of 42901/6/13 at 5:50amI can get fit easly with standart single flange tips and they are comfortable without any mods.
But anyway awei es800m is better value- its easy to buy it, and they are lot smaller. Sq is about same only es800 has leaps more bass.post #3035 of 42901/6/13 at 9:59pmjust won a used 5th gen ipod classic and purchased a few songs (mainly sound quality) from iTunes and HDTracks,,,,
all i have to say is,,, i am truly amazed ... love these IEM's even more using the cheap double flanged tips from buycoins.com... i have them pulled down on the tube... not a perfect seal but i love them stillpost #3036 of 42901/7/13 at 2:27pmpost #3037 of 42901/7/13 at 2:35pmQuote:Oooh... looks nice!Originally Posted by hypertek
I see they got a black set now, http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9927&seq=1&format=1#largeimagepost #3038 of 42901/7/13 at 2:39pmThread Starterpost #3039 of 42901/7/13 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by hypertek
I see they got a black set now, http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9927&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
Purty! Ordering a Pair (or two, or three) right now!
Edit: I mean ordering them when they are in stock.
Edited by BloodyPenguin - 1/7/13 at 2:52pmpost #3040 of 42901/8/13 at 10:49ampost #3041 of 42901/8/13 at 10:53ampost #3042 of 42901/8/13 at 3:08pmpost #3043 of 42901/8/13 at 11:30pmpost #3044 of 42901/9/13 at 7:27ampost #3045 of 42901/9/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
Yup. Spending more on tips then IEMs, though. LOL.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 40 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 55 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear