Well its like the wiring is coming out of the sleeve everywhere lol I tend to travel a lot with them so im constantly folding them up and carrying them around...I can actually see the inner wiring coming out in many places too...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727. DannyBai multi phone... Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
im sure this may ound dumb,, but do you have a case for them and are you careful in how you store/travel with them.... i have the 8320 for critical listening only and i have the 9396 for more active listening...
Well I use them for anything i need buds for...I have 4 other earbuds but they sound crappy compared to these so I dont even bother lol. I might just get another pair I guess there really is nothing else in this price range that can beat them?
I wish we could get this cable setup on them...Also curious how good these are..There are so many earbuds out there
My Comply Tx-400's came and this is the best money I've spent since the 8320 itself. They fit, seal, stay in place and sounds MUCH better.
With tips, I'm in at $10. They don't fit, sound, look, or function like $10 ear buds.
JosephL What are you reffering too? The Tx 400 make the Monoprice sound way better? Arent those tips like 20 bux?? lmk what u mean maybe the tips could help
Yes, actually I bought the t-400 but it's the same material as the TX. Sound is much better because I can get a good seal.
Just realized my review on Amazon for the 8320 is rated "Most Favorable"! Cool!
These remind me of the Grado SR60i or maybe more the Grado GR10. The GR10 is more detailed with better instrument separation and air, but they are very similar in sound signature. Paying $8 for something that is 80% of the to Grado's $399 IEM is pretty darn amazing.
yep, i'm a gradohead as well and feel they give me alot of the same musicality and wonderful balance and midrange. I can't say enough about these little acorns. They have a few minor faults up towards the top end of the eq but minor and I prefer these over the $600 grado ps500 and perhaps even all sr/rs on the market which tend to be more colored in non natural ways to my ears. I've never heard their iem's though and am frankly unmotivated to try them as I do not feel they would necessarily surpass what this 8320 does or at least in ways that matter to me.
btw, since joseph turned me on to mounting these with the cord down at the bottom instead of the top, and the body angled a bit up into the ear, i've had no noticable comfort issues and still sounds good to me......for reference, I did have comfort issues originally with the upward facing cord position and even felt the need to round over and shorten the 'tube' to try and alleviate. I now use a set that is bone stock and the revised downward cord postion and no issues.
i've stopped even being concerned actually since I received 5 more new sets recently. I compared a fresh set to my set with maybe 50 hours and they were so close actually. maybe a little warmer and fuller with burn in but it's much less different than it seemed originally (burn in affects that is ). It's more important to get the right fit and tips for your/my ear is my belief and I guess now i've got the hang of it so the new fresh set went right into the 'sweet spot' and maybe that's why it sounds so good right off the bat.
caveat...all my praise for these is at low to low/med volume. after that and for whatever reason, their faults really start to manifest and they are no longer enjoyable to me. Alot of phones have a sweet spot for volume and this one seems to be lower than some. Which is fine with me and poses no issues but if someone buys these and cranks them up, they will likely be unhappy and throw them in the nearest trash can missing all the joy they give at lower volumes.
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 42 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 43 seconds ago
- › When can I create threads in other forum categories? 59 seconds ago
- › Durable IEM upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3