Well its like the wiring is coming out of the sleeve everywhere lol I tend to travel a lot with them so im constantly folding them up and carrying them around...I can actually see the inner wiring coming out in many places too...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 Last post on Yesterday at 8:12 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 199
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2972 of 429012/28/12 at 12:36pm
im sure this may ound dumb,, but do you have a case for them and are you careful in how you store/travel with them.... i have the 8320 for critical listening only and i have the 9396 for more active listening...post #2973 of 429012/29/12 at 1:14am
Well I use them for anything i need buds for...I have 4 other earbuds but they sound crappy compared to these so I dont even bother lol. I might just get another pair I guess there really is nothing else in this price range that can beat them?
I wish we could get this cable setup on them...Also curious how good these are..There are so many earbuds out therepost #2974 of 429012/29/12 at 3:58am
My Comply Tx-400's came and this is the best money I've spent since the 8320 itself. They fit, seal, stay in place and sounds MUCH better.
With tips, I'm in at $10. They don't fit, sound, look, or function like $10 ear buds.post #2975 of 429012/30/12 at 12:08ampost #2976 of 429012/30/12 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by pivo154
JosephL What are you reffering too? The Tx 400 make the Monoprice sound way better? Arent those tips like 20 bux?? lmk what u mean maybe the tips could help
Yes, actually I bought the t-400 but it's the same material as the TX. Sound is much better because I can get a good seal.post #2977 of 429012/30/12 at 7:42am
Just realized my review on Amazon for the 8320 is rated "Most Favorable"! Cool!
post #2978 of 429012/30/12 at 2:28pmpost #2979 of 429012/30/12 at 3:44pmpost #2980 of 429012/30/12 at 6:39pm
These remind me of the Grado SR60i or maybe more the Grado GR10. The GR10 is more detailed with better instrument separation and air, but they are very similar in sound signature. Paying $8 for something that is 80% of the to Grado's $399 IEM is pretty darn amazing.post #2981 of 429012/30/12 at 7:04pm
yep, i'm a gradohead as well and feel they give me alot of the same musicality and wonderful balance and midrange. I can't say enough about these little acorns. They have a few minor faults up towards the top end of the eq but minor and I prefer these over the $600 grado ps500 and perhaps even all sr/rs on the market which tend to be more colored in non natural ways to my ears. I've never heard their iem's though and am frankly unmotivated to try them as I do not feel they would necessarily surpass what this 8320 does or at least in ways that matter to me.post #2982 of 429012/30/12 at 7:09pm
btw, since joseph turned me on to mounting these with the cord down at the bottom instead of the top, and the body angled a bit up into the ear, i've had no noticable comfort issues and still sounds good to me......for reference, I did have comfort issues originally with the upward facing cord position and even felt the need to round over and shorten the 'tube' to try and alleviate. I now use a set that is bone stock and the revised downward cord postion and no issues.post #2983 of 429012/30/12 at 7:13pmpost #2984 of 429012/30/12 at 7:18pm
i've stopped even being concerned actually since I received 5 more new sets recently. I compared a fresh set to my set with maybe 50 hours and they were so close actually. maybe a little warmer and fuller with burn in but it's much less different than it seemed originally (burn in affects that is ). It's more important to get the right fit and tips for your/my ear is my belief and I guess now i've got the hang of it so the new fresh set went right into the 'sweet spot' and maybe that's why it sounds so good right off the bat.post #2985 of 429012/30/12 at 7:34pm
caveat...all my praise for these is at low to low/med volume. after that and for whatever reason, their faults really start to manifest and they are no longer enjoyable to me. Alot of phones have a sweet spot for volume and this one seems to be lower than some. Which is fine with me and poses no issues but if someone buys these and cranks them up, they will likely be unhappy and throw them in the nearest trash can missing all the joy they give at lower volumes.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 32 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 46 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › "Punchy" (not bassy) over ear heaphones 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear