Well its like the wiring is coming out of the sleeve everywhere lol I tend to travel a lot with them so im constantly folding them up and carrying them around...I can actually see the inner wiring coming out in many places too...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems by Ericp10 Page 1817!! Last post on Today at 12:51 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 199
Gear mentioned in this thread:
im sure this may ound dumb,, but do you have a case for them and are you careful in how you store/travel with them.... i have the 8320 for critical listening only and i have the 9396 for more active listening...
Well I use them for anything i need buds for...I have 4 other earbuds but they sound crappy compared to these so I dont even bother lol. I might just get another pair I guess there really is nothing else in this price range that can beat them?
I wish we could get this cable setup on them...Also curious how good these are..There are so many earbuds out there
My Comply Tx-400's came and this is the best money I've spent since the 8320 itself. They fit, seal, stay in place and sounds MUCH better.
With tips, I'm in at $10. They don't fit, sound, look, or function like $10 ear buds.
JosephL What are you reffering too? The Tx 400 make the Monoprice sound way better? Arent those tips like 20 bux?? lmk what u mean maybe the tips could help
Yes, actually I bought the t-400 but it's the same material as the TX. Sound is much better because I can get a good seal.
Just realized my review on Amazon for the 8320 is rated "Most Favorable"! Cool!
These remind me of the Grado SR60i or maybe more the Grado GR10. The GR10 is more detailed with better instrument separation and air, but they are very similar in sound signature. Paying $8 for something that is 80% of the to Grado's $399 IEM is pretty darn amazing.
yep, i'm a gradohead as well and feel they give me alot of the same musicality and wonderful balance and midrange. I can't say enough about these little acorns. They have a few minor faults up towards the top end of the eq but minor and I prefer these over the $600 grado ps500 and perhaps even all sr/rs on the market which tend to be more colored in non natural ways to my ears. I've never heard their iem's though and am frankly unmotivated to try them as I do not feel they would necessarily surpass what this 8320 does or at least in ways that matter to me.
btw, since joseph turned me on to mounting these with the cord down at the bottom instead of the top, and the body angled a bit up into the ear, i've had no noticable comfort issues and still sounds good to me......for reference, I did have comfort issues originally with the upward facing cord position and even felt the need to round over and shorten the 'tube' to try and alleviate. I now use a set that is bone stock and the revised downward cord postion and no issues.
i've stopped even being concerned actually since I received 5 more new sets recently. I compared a fresh set to my set with maybe 50 hours and they were so close actually. maybe a little warmer and fuller with burn in but it's much less different than it seemed originally (burn in affects that is ). It's more important to get the right fit and tips for your/my ear is my belief and I guess now i've got the hang of it so the new fresh set went right into the 'sweet spot' and maybe that's why it sounds so good right off the bat.
caveat...all my praise for these is at low to low/med volume. after that and for whatever reason, their faults really start to manifest and they are no longer enjoyable to me. Alot of phones have a sweet spot for volume and this one seems to be lower than some. Which is fine with me and poses no issues but if someone buys these and cranks them up, they will likely be unhappy and throw them in the nearest trash can missing all the joy they give at lower volumes.
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 30 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › FS: Superlux HD-681 Over Ear Headphones with Velour Pads (unmodded) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2