Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 186

post #2776 of 4177
Thread Starter 

As mentioned earlier. There is a new item that you guys should pay attention to. It has a much more refined sound over the MP8320. Made by Sony. MH1C. If you guys look on the threads you will see many a review based on them. Yes it is a new IEM that was introduced by ClieOS a headfi vet whom I have huge respect for. The Iems can be bought on Amazon or Ebay..For headphones I would look into JVCs HA-S500.Yes they are on ear headphones but the sound is brilliant. It does cost around $75 shipped out of Japan as they are imports only but completely worth tracking down just for their sound quality alone. There are many on the threads that offer much value for the money.. These MP8320 is just one of them. Getting these 2 items will set you back around $100 but will gain about $300-$400 in SQ easily.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/4/12 at 6:05pm
post #2777 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesmurph View Post

@DSNUTS,

Wow, 7.9 that seems pretty high. It does seem weird that Joker would compare a 7 dollar product in a favorable light to much more expensive products and not automatically give it a "10" for value. Could you name a couple iems that you think sound better than the 8320's? I plan to get a nice pair of headphones for home use, but I likely will never spend big money on iems because they seem less reliable. I might like $150 iems more than $10 iems, but not enought to pay that extra 140 bucks every year if/when they break. I just want to get a better idea of what I am missing by going with exclusively cheapo iems vs. high end iems. 

he's going to say Sony MH1c.
watch.
post #2778 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesmurph View Post

@DSNUTS,

 

Wow, 7.9 that seems pretty high. It does seem weird that Joker would compare a 7 dollar product in a favorable light to much more expensive products and not automatically give it a "10" for value. Could you name a couple iems that you think sound better than the 8320's? I plan to get a nice pair of headphones for home use, but I likely will never spend big money on iems because they seem less reliable. I might like $150 iems more than $10 iems, but not enought to pay that extra 140 bucks every year if/when they break. I just want to get a better idea of what I am missing by going with exclusively cheapo iems vs. high end iems. 

I think that the VSonics, from the GR02 up definitely beat out the 8320. The 8320 received a score under 10 because they are hit or miss. Some people cannot bear to wear them, so you really can't suggest them to everyone. I for one have a very steep bend in my left ear canal that makes the 8320 feel like my ear is on fire. Others find them comfy for all day use. The GR02 is slightly bassier (not really much, but a tad), and has a ton more detail.

post #2779 of 4177

I bought this headphone as a gift for my friend's birthday. And she told me she love it :)

post #2780 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by saclet View Post

I bought this headphone as a gift for my friend's birthday. And she told me she love it :)

That's fun, when you get someone else interested in audio. I built an amp for a friend earlier this year, and it was so much fun hearing her more or less rediscover her favorite music as she started finding more and more detail. And then, we make upgrades together, it's a lot of fun!

post #2781 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesmurph View Post

@DSNUTS,

 

Wow, 7.9 that seems pretty high. It does seem weird that Joker would compare a 7 dollar product in a favorable light to much more expensive products and not automatically give it a "10" for value. Could you name a couple iems that you think sound better than the 8320's? I plan to get a nice pair of headphones for home use, but I likely will never spend big money on iems because they seem less reliable. I might like $150 iems more than $10 iems, but not enought to pay that extra 140 bucks every year if/when they break. I just want to get a better idea of what I am missing by going with exclusively cheapo iems vs. high end iems. 

Let me tell you one thing. The more you hang around here, the more money your gonna spend. IT is very easy to be enticed to purchase another headphone or earphone that is hyped over here. Sometimes you will be rewarded and sometimes you won't. I have about a dozen pair of headphones and earphones for wanting to try out the newest hyped product. I do tend to lean toward the cheaper ones though. For price/performance/ comfort, you can not go wrong with the Koss KSC75 clipons. Great and inexpensive way to get a properly sounding headphone and not garbage.They have a nice full sound with some decent bass and very good clarity. All for around 15-20 bucks. I would say the 8320s are a bargain but they are tough to fit properly. If you can get a good fit, they are outstanding. The detail is amazing on them. 

post #2782 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post

Let me tell you one thing. The more you hang around here, the more money your gonna spend. IT is very easy to be enticed to purchase another headphone or earphone that is hyped over here. Sometimes you will be rewarded and sometimes you won't. I have about a dozen pair of headphones and earphones for wanting to try out the newest hyped product. I do tend to lean toward the cheaper ones though. For price/performance/ comfort, you can not go wrong with the Koss KSC75 clipons. Great and inexpensive way to get a properly sounding headphone and not garbage.They have a nice full sound with some decent bass and very good clarity. All for around 15-20 bucks. I would say the 8320s are a bargain but they are tough to fit properly. If you can get a good fit, they are outstanding. The detail is amazing on them. 

Hahaha. I try to be a minimalist. I'm not cheap, I just like to spend my money on things that make me happy rather than to waste it on things that do not. I think I get a particularly good seal with the 8320's, so the bass is better for me than what I expected it to be. They are certainly more clear sounding (for lack of proper audiophile terminology) than my 8323's. From everything I have read, it seems that the Koss clips should be the last headphones I buy for a while. I'm almost positive that I will love them. I'm three for three with head fi recommendations.  I think there are two different philosophies on cheapos. One is, hey, they are cheap, just buy them and try them. The other is, money is money, why waste it on 20 sets of phones when I only have use for a few? With the Koss clip ons that I plan to buy, my total spending on cheap earphones and tips will be around $110. Lol, I could have bought an excellent pair of full sized phones for home, and a cheap pair of iems for the road and been done with it, but now I fear I am going to get sucked into the 20 headphone situation, and I don't even have a good ear for music! Are there meetings for this addiction? Head fi Anonymous? 

post #2783 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesmurph View Post

The other is, money is money, why waste it on 20 sets of phones when I only have use for a few? With the Koss clip ons that I plan to buy, my total spending on cheap earphones and tips will be around $110. Lol, I could have bought an excellent pair of full sized phones for home, and a cheap pair of iems for the road and been done with it, but now I fear I am going to get sucked into the 20 headphone situation, and I don't even have a good ear for music! Are there meetings for this addiction? Head fi Anonymous? 

I'm not trying to put out an agenda or call anyone anything; but it is just materialism...

To put it bluntly 'don't buy stuff when you have had a blow to your self esteem to make yourself feel better.'

 

 

 

On the other hand, any mods to make these more comfortable? They hurt my ears after a while...

The cable is also prone to tangles too!


Edited by Lateness - 11/5/12 at 9:08am
post #2784 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateness View Post

I'm not trying to put out an agenda or call anyone anything; but it is just materialism...

To put it bluntly 'don't buy stuff when you have had a blow to your self esteem to make yourself feel better.'

 

 

 

On the other hand, any mods to make these more comfortable? They hurt my ears after a while...

The cable is also prone to tangles too!

Curiousity is  my main issue. The cable acts  as if it's a live serpent. lol


Edited by cpnfantstk - 11/5/12 at 1:35pm
post #2785 of 4177

I wanna know how they sound too. I live in a major metro area (so I can go to meet-ups and whatnot) but its an addicting process!

I'm deathly afraid of listening to nice headphones and then craving them from then on. Its materialistic as well though.


Edited by Lateness - 11/5/12 at 5:06pm
post #2786 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateness View Post

I wanna know how they sound too. I live in a major metro area (so I can go to meet-ups and whatnot) but its an addicting process!

I'm deathly afraid of listening to nice headphones and then craving them from then on. Its materialistic as well though.

What genre of music do you listen too? That's a good starting point in any headphone purchase.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
post #2787 of 4177

Hey guys, I found this while looking for good earbuds under $30...boy is this a find! :D

 

Just so you know - I love a good sound, but I'm not an audio professional.

 

Right now I currently have the JVC Marshmallow HA-FX30 (well, actually it's the HA-FR36, but they're the same except the FR36 has a remote), and I like it. But, compared to my Skullcandy Hesh cans (lol, I know it's probably not good to compare 50mm driver cans to 8.5mm driver IEMs) I've noticed that the Marshmallow doesn't necessarily have "full" or "rich" mids or highs, but really amazing bass. 

 

Which do you think is the better IEM? I am looking for something that has balanced highs, rich mids, and deep bass, and the MP8320 appear to fill that role, maybe better then the HAFX30. What do you think? 

post #2788 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookyMacMan View Post

Hey guys, I found this while looking for good earbuds under $30...boy is this a find! :D

 

Just so you know - I love a good sound, but I'm not an audio professional.

 

Right now I currently have the JVC Marshmallow HA-FX30 (well, actually it's the HA-FR36, but they're the same except the FR36 has a remote), and I like it. But, compared to my Skullcandy Hesh cans (lol, I know it's probably not good to compare 50mm driver cans to 8.5mm driver IEMs) I've noticed that the Marshmallow doesn't necessarily have "full" or "rich" mids or highs, but really amazing bass. 

 

Which do you think is the better IEM? I am looking for something that has balanced highs, rich mids, and deep bass, and the MP8320 appear to fill that role, maybe better then the HAFX30. What do you think? 

Before the Monos, the Marshmallows were my only pair under $20. While they were good beaters, the sound was nothing to talk about. The 8320s are just so clear and flat, there's simply no comparison. They don't have the signature you're looking for. I'd actually steer you towards the MH1C, which are exactly as you described (balanced highs, rich mids, deep bass), it's almost as if you heard them before or something. After borrowing someone else's pair, I'm probably going to get one for myself. 

post #2789 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

As mentioned earlier. There is a new item that you guys should pay attention to. It has a much more refined sound over the MP8320. Made by Sony. MH1C. If you guys look on the threads you will see many a review based on them. Yes it is a new IEM that was introduced by ClieOS a headfi vet whom I have huge respect for. The Iems can be bought on Amazon or Ebay..For headphones I would look into JVCs HA-S500.Yes they are on ear headphones but the sound is brilliant. It does cost around $75 shipped out of Japan as they are imports only but completely worth tracking down just for their sound quality alone. There are many on the threads that offer much value for the money.. These MP8320 is just one of them. Getting these 2 items will set you back around $100 but will gain about $300-$400 in SQ easily.

At least you didn't say $3000-$4000 in SQ for $100. LOLL3000.gif. I remember how a couple of members were on you earlier in this thread about that  so this post brought back some memories.biggrin.gif You are right about the 8320s though. I'd give a 30 dollar bill all day long for the SQ they produce.

post #2790 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Before the Monos, the Marshmallows were my only pair under $20. While they were good beaters, the sound was nothing to talk about. The 8320s are just so clear and flat, there's simply no comparison. They don't have the signature you're looking for. I'd actually steer you towards the MH1C, which are exactly as you described (balanced highs, rich mids, deep bass), it's almost as if you heard them before or something. After borrowing someone else's pair, I'm probably going to get one for myself. 

Ah, OK, thanks for that. I'll look into it. This is the right product, correct?

 

Out of curiosity, in comparison to what I mentioned previously (balanced highs, rich miss, deep bass), what would you say the 8320 has?

 

BTW: one of the things I've loved about the Marshmallow is the comfort. I love the foam caps, and I really dislike silicone caps (at least the ones I've tried). I know that it's easy to put the Marshmallow caps on the 8320, how would it work on the Sony?


Edited by PookyMacMan - 11/6/12 at 6:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..