Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 180

post #2686 of 4177

how much would you think the 8320s are worth then? if its better than all the $50 dollar ones?

 

i would've pegged them at least in the 70-80 range. So glad i got them for like 1/10 of my projected price

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronsimic View Post

I'm just posting to say I got a pair of these, and they certainly beat all the crappy sub $50 IEMs that consist of my previous IEM experience. I haven't even burned them in yet. As a non-audiophile, they certainly sound fine to me.
post #2687 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

how much would you think the 8320s are worth then?

 

$61.27.

 

..

post #2688 of 4177
I do think these iems far exceed their asking price. I think the fit issues and comfort is what's putting people off. The so called hype is for real considering Jokers review of 7.5 and the high praise these have gotten in this thread. Whoever decides to buy a pair needs patience to fit these properly and understand that they are not comfortable. Do that and you'll be rewarded with great sound for your audio buying dollar (lol).

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
post #2689 of 4177
I love these for electro and stuff, but in one album my girlfriend made me get (Imagine Dragons by Night Visions), and other albums like that, the vocals just don't come out, and it just doesn't feel right, is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT- Spelling

EDIT- I've also tried the tape mod
Edited by gopanthersgo1 - 10/17/12 at 6:06pm
post #2690 of 4177
Does anyone who knows how to re-cable headphones know how to remove the screws from these without stripping them? If there stripped are the earphones still able to be taken apart? Also, is there a thread here that shows how to do this? Thanks!
post #2691 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post

Does anyone who knows how to re-cable headphones know how to remove the screws from these without stripping them? If there stripped are the earphones still able to be taken apart? Also, is there a thread here that shows how to do this? Thanks!

 

They're not real screws. Just pry the body apart from the strain relief area.

post #2692 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

I love these for electro and stuff, but in one album my girlfriend made me get (Imagine Dragons by Night Visions), and other albums like that, the vocals just don't come out, and it just doesn't feel right, is anyone else experiencing this?
EDIT- Spelling
EDIT- I've also tried the tape mod

If you are talking about harshness in the vocals, I have experienced that as well. As I mentioned, its almost a piercing sound to my ears.It has improved with burn-in time but I do still hear it on some tracks. I may be sensitive to that frequency. I guess shouting vocals are  above 4khz if I am understanding correctly.

post #2693 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post

If you are talking about harshness in the vocals, I have experienced that as well. As I mentioned, its almost a piercing sound to my ears.It has improved with burn-in time but I do still hear it on some tracks. I may be sensitive to that frequency. I guess shouting vocals are  above 4khz if I am understanding correctly.

I haven't measured it, it's loud and all, but they just sound distant, sad cause it ruins these, but my Comply's are coming in tomorrow, hopefully they'll help...
Edited by gopanthersgo1 - 10/17/12 at 9:33pm
post #2694 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

They're not real screws. Just pry the body apart from the strain relief area.

Thanks, I was trying to unscrew them like a madman
post #2695 of 4177

To open them for recabling just pry them open using a razor blade on the join between the 2 halves.  There is a recabling guide in this thread somewhere.

post #2696 of 4177

The recabling info is in the first post.

post #2697 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post

Thanks, I was trying to unscrew them like a madman

There is a recable pictorial in the OP. Check it out. He used a razor blade if I recall.
post #2698 of 4177
I'm not really sure if I'd be experienced enough to know. I'm just now starting to get into the hi-fi, and certainly do not have enough money to be able to get higher quality iems, which usually break on me. I can say that I like how they sound better than other iems I've had, but that's not saying that much considering that my iem experience goes to about $20. If I had to put a price on it I'd be at least $50.

EDIT: I can definitely hear what people are saying about vocals though.
Edited by anachronsimic - 10/18/12 at 6:18pm
post #2699 of 4177
Thanks. I'm going to cut the buds off my M9Ps and use that wire, hopefully it will work.
post #2700 of 4177

Thanks to Dsnuts and a few others for the suggestion for MEElectronics double flange tips.  http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-df-35-bk.htm

 

They work great as far as sound.  I have never heard the 8320 be so clear before.  The bass seems to have lightened up a little, but that is easily fixed with a little EQ tweeking.

 

 

The fit is not so great either.  The IEMs now stick out quite a bit, though does not bother the comfort too much, they just look even funnier in my ears now.  Ha.

 

..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..