Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 171

post #2551 of 4177

Stereoprice how does it compare to monoprice

post #2552 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

Do they sound as good as some of you say? Like a Denon D2000, better than an ATH-M50, etc? It's very hard to believe. How about the treble? Do cymbals sound realistic? How about decay?
 

Haven't heard the Denon's but no.

 

These have similar "qualities" in a very general sense..but no. The Denons and Audio Technicas are more "perfected" in an overall sense and don't make those very harsh highs. The Audio Technicas and most real full sizers at that range are and offer comfortable hearing where it "smooths" over some of the harsh or misplaced uncomfortable sounds. There are some sonic deficencies in the MP8320's bass, mids and highs where if you do it right and have the money to do some of that perfection can "smoother over" them. This does not mean the MP8320's are more studio than those. It is on general on a scale a cold sounding earphone. On bassy mainstream songs and rock tht is well recorded, you will generaly not hear the Cold sounds and get quite a good sound but on many mainstream songs that are engaging, these don't do it. For an on the go earphone I would prefer a warmer and colorful sound to harshness. But whatever, the $8 MP 8320's are bought as they are not going for warm and colorful as others at this range do.

 

I use Complys.

post #2553 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbneu View Post


I think so. Those are the ones I ordered. If not, we're both wrong. biggrin.gif


That makes three of us, I ordered them as well.  Fingers crossed.

 

..

post #2554 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

Do they sound as good as some of you say? Like a Denon D2000, better than an ATH-M50, etc? It's very hard to believe. How about the treble? Do cymbals sound realistic? How about decay?
 

Haven't heard the Denon's but no.

 

These have similar "qualities" in a very general sense..but no. The Denons and Audio Technicas are more "perfected" in an overall sense and don't make those very harsh highs. The Audio Technicas and most real full sizers at that range are and offer comfortable hearing where it "smooths" over some of the harsh or misplaced uncomfortable sounds. There are some sonic deficencies in the MP8320's bass, mids and highs where if you do it right and have the money to do some of that perfection can "smoother over" them. This does not mean the MP8320's are more studio than those. It is on general on a scale a cold sounding earphone. On bassy mainstream songs and rock tht is well recorded, you will generaly not hear the Cold sounds and get quite a good sound but on many mainstream songs that are engaging, these don't do it. For an on the go earphone I would prefer a warmer and colorful sound to harshness. But whatever, the $8 MP 8320's are bought as they are not going for warm and colorful as others at this range do.

 

I use Complys.

I disagree. The 8320s have never sounded cold, and they most certainly sound better than the M50.

post #2555 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I disagree. The 8320s have never sounded cold, and they most certainly sound better than the M50.

It largely depends on what type of music you listen to and what you and I define as cold. I define cold as on a number line basis where while it may not be cold cold, to equally distribute all headphones and earphones, there needs to be a standard line to place a earphone as cold or whatsoever.

 

It doesn't sound cold or anything bad with specific songs and genres but as a very large universal music listener, these do get cold.

post #2556 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

and they most certainly sound better than the M50.

+1!
post #2557 of 4177

Newcommers and lurkers come one come all! Let me tell you something you may have missed in rationale thinking.

 

You are looking at a $9 earphone that some are even comparing to $200 sub headphones and you are thinking that you are on the train as many owners of said headphones have come here and prefered the MP8320 or at the very least gave it a tip.

 

Well the ones that prefer the MP8320 to their M50 like Doc above me are right. They are not wrong and neither is anyone. It is their opinion. And that is where things are forgotten by the lurkers.

 

The people that like the MP8320 will make it known and as they like it more will thus say so. Just because one thinks the M50 is sub par to the 8320 does not mean that you or many others will. The MP8320 does have some very nice sonic qualities that I would never have expected at $9 but at the same time I would tremendously prefer the M50 more for other purposes.

 

Do not forget that people that like it will draw more to it and those that don't either won't say anything too radical or will just throw it in their drawer and forever forget about it.

post #2558 of 4177
His point is true. Anything comes down to preference and (much in this case) intended use. Comparing iems and full size headphones isnt totally apples to apples in a lot of ways.

But when you look at it from a preference point of view i think myself and the post above me simply if we had the choice of one to listen to one or the other for 6 hours on end for sq alone. I would pick 8320 hands down. All comfort and everything aside and strictly for music enjoyment. A testament to that statement is the fact i just shipped off my m50 for trade yesterday but i still use my 8320.

So lurkers can know that is MY preference and opinion.
post #2559 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

His point is true. Anything comes down to preference and (much in this case) intended use. Comparing iems and full size headphones isnt totally apples to apples in a lot of ways.
But when you look at it from a preference point of view i think myself and the post above me simply if we had the choice of one to listen to one or the other for 6 hours on end for sq alone. I would pick 8320 hands down. All comfort and everything aside and strictly for music enjoyment. A testament to that statement is the fact i just shipped off my m50 for trade yesterday but i still use my 8320.
So lurkers can know that is MY preference and opinion.

Yeah thats the big thing, its a big probelm that the moment one person says they like the M50 over the MP8320 that it becomes a fact to all lurkers  that

 

MP8320>M50 as a full fact ......and thats not true. I know nobody ever said it was a fact but as a lurker myself before, the lurker and flavor of the month mentality along with saving so much money makes some forget about the rationale facts of threads like these.

post #2560 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

His point is true. Anything comes down to preference and (much in this case) intended use. Comparing iems and full size headphones isnt totally apples to apples in a lot of ways.
But when you look at it from a preference point of view i think myself and the post above me simply if we had the choice of one to listen to one or the other for 6 hours on end for sq alone. I would pick 8320 hands down. All comfort and everything aside and strictly for music enjoyment. A testament to that statement is the fact i just shipped off my m50 for trade yesterday but i still use my 8320.
So lurkers can know that is MY preference and opinion.

Yeah thats the big thing, its a big probelm that the moment one person says they like the M50 over the MP8320 that it becomes a fact to all lurkers  that

 

MP8320>M50 as a full fact ......and thats not true. I know nobody ever said it was a fact but as a lurker myself before, the lurker and flavor of the month mentality along with saving so much money makes some forget about the rationale facts of threads like these.


Are we talking the full size can, the ATH-M50?

post #2561 of 4177

Now this became real. Thanks bowei. Enlightened.

post #2562 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yeah thats the big thing, its a big probelm that the moment one person says they like the M50 over the MP8320 that it becomes a fact to all lurkers  that

MP8320>M50 as a full fact ......and thats not true. I know nobody ever said it was a fact but as a lurker myself before, the lurker and flavor of the month mentality along with saving so much money makes some forget about the rationale facts of threads like these.

This isnt a bad thing for after all these are only 7.11 so anyone can try them out and see for themselves. The reason for the hype is because these are so good for the price. (sound sig pref and fit aside).
post #2563 of 4177

I got these today through a Dutch groupbuy. Very plasticky, cheap, uncormfortable and flimsy. Cable is cloth-ish, which is a nice touch. They have an impossible fit and I have no idea how to put these monstrosities in my ear. Getting a seal is very hard, even when using tips from different manufacturers. Once sealed, they lack dynamics and warmth. They sound cheap. No surprises here really and another great example of the Head-Fi Hype Machine. wink_face.gif I vastly prefer my cheap Superlux HD381 and Brainwavz Beta over these.  

 

EDIT: realised I was a bit harsh. These do sound reasonable for a $8 IEM. I payed 10 euro though, which is about $13. They are an upgrade over stock iBuds and I can imagine people without any reference thinking these have good sound quality. My advice with no budget whatsoever is to not bother and just get a KSC75. 


Edited by Negakinu - 10/6/12 at 1:12pm
post #2564 of 4177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

I got these today through a Dutch groupbuy. Very plasticky, cheap, uncormfortable and flimsy. Cable is cloth-ish, which is a nice touch. They have an impossible fit and I have no idea how to put these monstrosities in my ear. Getting a seal is very hard, even when using tips from different manufacturers. Once sealed, they lack dynamics and warmth. They sound cheap. No surprises here really and another great example of the Head-Fi Hype Machine. wink_face.gif I vastly prefer my cheap Superlux HD381 and Brainwavz Beta over these.  

 

EDIT: realised I was a bit harsh. These do sound reasonable for a $8 IEM. I payed 10 euro though, which is about $13. They are an upgrade over stock iBuds and I can imagine people without any reference thinking these have good sound quality. My advice with no budget whatsoever is to not bother and just get a KSC75. 

I thought that too until I reaized that these need 60+ hours of burn in and the right tips.

 

I am not arguing if you believe in burn in. And actually this prooves that these need burn in (will talk about it later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU9IH1Cia9w

Watch this video, I burned the MP8320's in for 40 hours at this point in time and did this video review with the stock tips.

 

Then I threw them in my drawer for a month and my cousin came over for an extended 2 week stay. And guess what earphones I gave to her? Yeah these. She more or less burned it in for me near 24/7 and after she left, these went back into the drawer for another half a month until I asked myself, why not? So I put some Complys on which I didn't have when I got them first and then...boom...Wht is this blasphemy?1 It was then that I knew what everyone was talking about. 

 

I did go and put the stock tips back on to make sure it wasn't the complys. It was a bit more harsh and more direct with stock tips but I know what I heard when I got these..and that wasn't it

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post


This isnt a bad thing for after all these are only 7.11 so anyone can try them out and see for themselves. The reason for the hype is because these are so good for the price. (sound sig pref and fit aside).

 

I am not putting them down, I am just showing lurkers that they most likely missed a train of thought gs1000.gif Of which may lead to people thinking these are $200 replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

Now this became real. Thanks bowei. Enlightened.

Yep, enlightenment was my goal

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


Are we talking the full size can, the ATH-M50?

Yes.

post #2565 of 4177
Negakinu, my first impressions was like yours. But when i tried some medium tips(sennheiser) i finaly get comfort, seal and of course real sound. For price incredible, esspecialy mids. They are flat and neutral. Bass is below medium in quantity.
I just bought them for test. And at least for me m50 is better.
I everyday use audio technica ckm500, which sounds like headphone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..