Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 168

post #2506 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardoliepa View Post

Technically 8320 sounds bit better, but sound signature on gr99 is better aka fuller.
I better pay $25 on iem which is comfy not $10 which sounds as good but is hard to use.


sorry.. but its hard to use if dont use the propper tip.

 

i am using the M9 double flange and i dont have no issues whatsoever with my 8320, i cant comment if the GR99 is better (they should, they are 3 times more expensive)

 

But you got a point. the point is that MP is not providing assorted tips, like the GR99, but again, these things are like what?  7 bucks? are you kidding me or what? its peanuts.

with 5 bucks more you can buy all the tip you need and thats all.

 

If you are one of those that cant spend time or dont know how to find a good tip for the 8320, yea.. stay away.. if you are one of those that can do better than using whatever comes in box , go ahead.. they are only 7 bucks... man, 7 bucks.. thats nothing, worst case dont use them....  if it works you are getting a hell of a bargain here.

 

 

thats why the M6 and M9 are such a good deal, for the price they give all kind of tips... bad thing is that the 8320sounds better than both of them.

 


Monoprice SHOULD include a bunch of tips,  double, triple normal tips etc. that would make them more expensive but even paying $10.00 more is worht it.


Edited by rickdohc - 10/1/12 at 2:30pm
post #2507 of 4186
Yo rick. Just got 2 pairs of 8320's in th email for $5.22 each or whatever the discount was so I'm the newest add to the 7.11 club.

Building up a lot of clubs here. There's the JVCHD25PP club, now the 7.11 club and then when I get my clip+ in the mail Ill be in the "S500 Clip-o-potamus club" or whatever DSNUTS decides to call it...

i can finally see (hear) for myself why this thread has 168 pages and counting. Gunna have a girl at work A/B them with her bose in-ear's she was bragging about at lunch a couple of days ago. Won't tell her the cost until after she picks the 8320s over hers. Then I'll prolly just give em to her.
post #2508 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Yo rick. Just got 2 pairs of 8320's in th email for $5.22 each or whatever the discount was so I'm the newest add to the 7.11 club.
Building up a lot of clubs here. There's the JVCHD25PP club, now the 7.11 club and then when I get my clip+ in the mail Ill be in the "S500 Clip-o-potamus club" or whatever DSNUTS decides to call it...
i can finally see (hear) for myself why this thread has 168 pages and counting. Gunna have a girl at work A/B them with her bose in-ear's she was bragging about at lunch a couple of days ago. Won't tell her the cost until after she picks the 8320s over hers. Then I'll prolly just give em to her.


Yo

 man... you are everywhere  etysmile.gif

post #2509 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardoliepa View Post

Technically 8320 sounds bit better, but sound signature on gr99 is better aka fuller.
I better pay $25 on iem which is comfy not $10 which sounds as good but is hard to use.

That's foolish in my honest opinion. Comfort is important, I'm not saying it's not, but I would NEVER sacrifice sound quality for comfort.

 

Also the 8320 is $8, not $10.

post #2510 of 4186

I ordered mine today...can not wait for them to come in.  I finished paying 10.77 shipped. Any suggestions for the EQ settings on android? I own a Galaxy s2 and power amp. thanks

post #2511 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by aud3nz View Post

I ordered mine today...can not wait for them to come in.  I finished paying 10.77 shipped. Any suggestions for the EQ settings on android? I own a Galaxy s2 and power amp. thanks


buy comply Tips.. PLEASE or any tip you can find,  they NEED a proper tip and that proper tip depends on every individual, i am almost 100% those stock tips will not give you the full sound of these 8320

post #2512 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud3nz View Post

I ordered mine today...can not wait for them to come in.  I finished paying 10.77 shipped. Any suggestions for the EQ settings on android? I own a Galaxy s2 and power amp. thanks


buy comply Tips.. PLEASE or any tip you can find,  they NEED a proper tip and that proper tip depends on every individual, i am almost 100% those stock tips will not give you the full sound of these 8320

The stock tips work for me just fine. If they get better than this, I have a problem... that would put them past every headphone I own.

 

Which would make me die a little inside.

post #2513 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

The stock tips work for me just fine. If they get better than this, I have a problem... that would put them past every headphone I own.

 

Which would make me die a little inside.

you should.. they are cheap. worst thing can happen is that they will sound even better.

post #2514 of 4186
Wow.... wow... wow.....

That's pretty much all i can say. My first day with them and didn't even get to use them much. Rooster by Alice in Chains MTV unplugged.... unreal. I had that girl at work listen to them. She tried to play it cool but earnestly admitted her bose she was bragging about two days ago don't have nuthin on the 8230 (that's a given but I just love "converting" people).

Anyway I'm sure that these types of things have been said repeatedly on the gazillion pages of thread so far but by far the best budget iem. Can't get over how smooth yet detailed the highs are on these things. Bass is just right and controlled. Im impressed.

I bought two pairs just in case a friend was interested I could give them away... well my wife got hold of them and that's the end of that.
post #2515 of 4186

Already recommended them and got 2 of my friends to buy them :D

The only problem that they told me was that it was kinda ugly.

 

For some reason though, they said that the stock tips fit them well.

post #2516 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenaptio View Post

Already recommended them and got 2 of my friends to buy them :D

The only problem that they told me was that it was kinda ugly.

 

For some reason though, they said that the stock tips fit them well.

Mine fit fine. Do they usually use IEMs?

post #2517 of 4186

Ah nooo, they dont ship to the Netherlands... 

post #2518 of 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben123 View Post

Ah nooo, they dont ship to the Netherlands... 

 

If you need a pair of monoprice 8320 so send a pm to user some1 i think he has some left to sell.  wink_face.gif

post #2519 of 4186

I just got my 8320s yesterday via an order directly from Monoprice.  The sound, with only a few hours of burn in, is pretty impressive.  I don't think they're as smooth as my Nu-Force IEMs, but the soundstage is already nice.  What I'm hearing now seems a little harsh and fatiguing, so I'm looking forward to them mellowing a bit once they've had more time to break in.

The seal is surprisingly good with the stock tips, but they are a little uncomfortable.  The tips have a very small ridge that runs around them that I think is irritating my ears, so I'll likely replace the tips in the near future.  Still, I must have large ears, because the stock tips do provide a pretty good seal.

I guess the point of my post is just to reinforce what everyone else is saying.  For the money, these are surprisingly capable.  As I said, the soundstage is impressive, and I'm hearing a very powerful, full bass that doesn't collapse the soundstage when it kicks in.  I occasionally have a movie running on my iPad while I work and they are great "cinema" headphones.  Really impressive!

My only disappointment so far is that the packaging was literally just a plastic bag.  There was no box like the one in Souji's unboxing video, no accompanying literature, etc.  This is very minor, of course, but makes the 8320s less attractive as a potential gift.  I purchased three sets of them, intending to give two to coworkers over the holidays, but it seems slightly cheesy to hand over a mini-plastic ziplock bag.

Thanks for bringing these to everyone's attention, Dsnuts!

post #2520 of 4186

I think I have to PM then! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..