only 1 left!! lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 Last post on Today at 1:43 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for sub-$30 IEM's? Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. - Page 16post #226 of 428811/21/11 at 4:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 428811/21/11 at 4:36pmpost #228 of 428811/21/11 at 4:48pm
I just received this budget IEM today and gave it a quick listen about two hours. I can't BELIEVE this one cost only $7.11 per pair. It definitely better sounding than many IEMs costing $100 per pair. For my ears, this is not going to compete with $300 pairs but how can you not impressed for given price? I am definitely impressed with its sound quality, so much so that I ordered 5 more pairs for Christmas stocking stuffer. Thank you very much to OP for suggesting this fine budget pair to rest of us.post #229 of 428811/21/11 at 4:56pmThread Starter
I gave monoprice a heads up. I chatted with them and told them to expect these to be sold out soon. I had no idea just how quick . WOW. lol!!
You better check the beginning of the thread.post #230 of 428811/21/11 at 4:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by justhavingfun
I just received this budget IEM today and gave it a quick listen about two hours. I can't BELIEVE this one cost only $7.11 per pair. It definitely better sounding than many IEMs costing $100 per pair. For my ears, this is not going to compete with $300 pairs but how can you not impressed for given price? I am definitely impressed with its sound quality, so much so that I ordered 5 more pairs for Christmas stocking stuffer. Thank you very much to OP for suggesting this fine budget pair to rest of us.
Nice. Ya I got 3 pairs myself. Consider yourselves lucky to get many. I hope they get more soon.. These are too good not to discover.
That kinda blows I just stepped on them. lol. It skuffed the out side shell but you know what the shell housing is strong. Wow I am impressed. It dropped from my desk and I didn't know it and I put my whole 180lb frame and fully stepped on it by accident. I am listing to them. Minus outside scuff they sound perfect.
Upon careful inspection of the scuff it looks like it is actually metal on this. It is plastic looking but I think it is metal casting on these. If this was plastic coated with metalic paint. I am thinking it would have chipped to expose the plastic but I am seeing metal underneath the the scratch. It is solid actually.. An all metal Iem?
ETA for new batch of 8320s looks like 1/9/2012.. I hope we all survive then to see another batch.
Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/11 at 5:25pmpost #231 of 428811/21/11 at 5:17pm
This pair sort of reminds me Bose headphones that I tried except this pair doesn't cost an arm and a leg like typical Bose products. For me Bose headphones sound fine if you do not consider how much they cost typically. I just finished listening to entire album of "Enigma" using iPod Classic (ALAC files) through Shellbrook Audio Lab Ascent Signature amp (battery powered). This budget pair's sound quality does improve using the amp and that was little surprise for me. Usually budget pair does not scale well by an amp. I have lots of other headphones for desktop purpose but I am going to try using a desktop amp as well in the future to see how well it does. I tend to prefer bright sounding rather than warm signature for my taste and this one sounds right to my ears. The bass quantity is there but not so much to be overshadowing mids and highs. I still can't believe this one only cost under $8.post #232 of 428811/21/11 at 5:28pmQuote:
You deserve a medal.post #233 of 428811/21/11 at 5:35pmThread Starterpost #234 of 428811/21/11 at 5:40pmThread Starterpost #235 of 428811/21/11 at 5:42pmQuote:
Haha! Hopefully Monoprice ramps up production, an estimated availability date on 1/9/2012 makes me quite sad.
More Head-Fi members need to know how wonderful these earphones are.
And thank you very much for posting my video in the beginning of the thread! Oh so kind of you! <3post #236 of 428811/21/11 at 5:44pmpost #237 of 428811/21/11 at 5:55pmQuote:
Nah, he should BE the marketing manager for doing that job for them.
I'm pretty sure everyone at Monoprice has been confused as hell the past few days. They're making the big bucks now.
post #238 of 428811/21/11 at 5:58pmpost #239 of 428811/21/11 at 6:00pmThread Starter
I did ask one of their techs earlier if they have anything in his opinion that sounds better in their line up. He clearly mentioned that these were the best. So rest assured. It would have been awesome if they had more ones like these in their other iems. But these seems to be the real deal..I am thinking that foam tip mod I mentioned for guys that don't have foam tips. If they help attain a better comfort level with a better seal at the same time. That is my goal. I can live with the way they fit my ears as my Sony tips are perfect for me for these but I am wondering about how memory foam tips might sound on these which would give better seal too.
Edited by Dsnuts - 11/21/11 at 6:02pmpost #240 of 428811/21/11 at 6:05pmThread StarterQuote:
lol. How much you think those guys are making off of these though. They aren't making much in the big picture.. But I bet more guys will discover their site and how cheap everything is for them. Marketing for free. You gotta like that. I am liking that tune there some1. As you guys know,. If you hear something that you like to hear with the Monoprice. Throw a vid up so the rest of us can hear it.. I think it is always interesting to hear what others are listening to. .I did this on my other thread the HTF600 and I encourage people to do the same here... Who needs a boring thread is my thought.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Need help buying an amp on a budget. 4 minutes ago
- › Foobar and using EqualizerAPO , loud parts in music limit on the fly 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 8 minutes ago
- › SOHA II Builders Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear