Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner - Page 61

post #901 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suopermanni View Post
 

Hey fellow Aussie Head-Fier's!

 

I have a problem. My rare Talisman T35HP has developed a nasty problem. The headphone input mechanism has literally come loose INSIDE THE unit! I think I need a replacement headphone in but I don't know what I need nor how to solder. So I'm wondering if any of you know of repair places?

 

Go to your local electrical component supplier. They might be able to help you out. If not they'll point you in the right direction.

post #902 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post


Sounds good! How much did you get it for?

 

$689 or so, for the body. Came with a free zoom lens, as well.

 

that was the sale price, I think it's closer to $800 now - still with a free zoom lens, until the end of Jan.

 

Great deal. 

 

Picking up the 35mm on Friday for it, I'm so excited!

post #903 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

$689 or so, for the body. Came with a free zoom lens, as well.

that was the sale price, I think it's closer to $800 now - still with a free zoom lens, until the end of Jan.

Great deal. 

Picking up the 35mm on Friday for it, I'm so excited!

Wow! And here I'm walking around with a $500 DSLR... xD
I think I'll deal with the bulk of it.
post #904 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post


Wow! And here I'm walking around with a $500 DSLR... xD
I think I'll deal with the bulk of it.

 

What are you using at the moment? 

post #905 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

What are you using at the moment? 

Cannon 600D
post #906 of 911

Who is going to those soccer matches in Melbourne this coming July ?

post #907 of 911

I will answer my own question and just say that I am getting my impressions done through Bay Audiology here in Timaru next week (right before Superbowl!).  I will update how it goes.  What was interesting was having to explain to the two different audiologists what CIEMs are.  Doesn't really fill me with confidence, but I hope to be surprised!

post #908 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by waimak View Post

I will answer my own question and just say that I am getting my impressions done through Bay Audiology here in Timaru next week (right before Superbowl!).  I will update how it goes.  What was interesting was having to explain to the two different audiologists what CIEMs are.  Doesn't really fill me with confidence, but I hope to be surprised!

I think so long as they go to the 2nd bend in the canal and you use a bite block and don't move, you should be ok.
post #909 of 911

Thanks heaps for the reassurance.  I have been asking around to see if anybody could comment on reputations, but it seems that nobody knows anything and I have had to just book and hope.

post #910 of 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by waimak View Post
 

What was interesting was having to explain to the two different audiologists what CIEMs are.  Doesn't really fill me with confidence, but I hope to be surprised!

Best to call up other audiologists in your area? As a very rough rule of thumb if they know what CIEMs are at least they sound like they know what they are doing. Applied to mine. I wasn't feeling confident when I called up an audiologist and he has never taken ear impressions for CIEMs before so I found another who did. The company making my customs accepted it readily. YMMV

But regardless, once you have your ear impressions taken, just shoot the company making your CIEMs an email showing detailed pictures of your impressions from different angles before you ship them off to verify whether they are usable or not.


Edited by fnkcow - 1/28/15 at 8:32am
post #911 of 911

I tried both (yes, we only have two) and unfortunately it is a two hour drive to the next set of audiologists, which would make for some very expensive impressions.

But regardless, once you have your ear impressions taken, just shoot the company making your CIEMs an email showing detailed pictures of your impressions from different angles before you ship them off to verify whether they are usable or not.

That is what I shall do.  Cheers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner