Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner - Page 42

post #616 of 856

With hot days like today, the trick is to humidify your environment instead of just using a fan. Evaporative cooling

post #617 of 856

@Adrian: Does your 336 run hot? Using non-stock tubes my 336 run's pretty damn hot (the transformer housing gets quite too hot to touch). And I haven't heard of anyone that own a 336 say it runs too hot.

post #618 of 856

This thread seems cool :)

post #619 of 856

It was 46 degrees (122 farenheit) in Sydney today, hottest day on record.

You guys found any recablers in Aus, Sydney ideally? I have some DT1350s I reckon need a shorter cable to be sufficiently portable.

post #620 of 856
I had aircon on and door closed cooling a 12 sqm room, and it was still hot -.-"
post #621 of 856
Any aucklanders know of any good audiophile stores around? Ive looked but got frustrated enough that I am thinking of starting my own. Theres another thread on the subject I believe but a NZ meet would be awesome
post #622 of 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

@Adrian: Does your 336 run hot? Using non-stock tubes my 336 run's pretty damn hot (the transformer housing gets quite too hot to touch). And I haven't heard of anyone that own a 336 say it runs too hot.

 

1. How long are you running it for

2. What was the ambient temperature

3. (Maybe it would related to what volume and what headphones you are using too)

 

But yes, my one gets pretty terrible after an hour or two. Just don't touch it lol... There was once I cleaned some ear pads and thought hang them on the tubes to grill them dry... I overcooked them and they have a little stiff spot...

 

One of those moments where you realize how stupid you are...

post #623 of 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Do you enjoy your HD800's out of your system?

I am hoping for a step change when I put an amp in the mix. I also show them to my neighbours when they come round and complain about the noise.

post #624 of 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

1. How long are you running it for

2. What was the ambient temperature

3. (Maybe it would related to what volume and what headphones you are using too)

 

But yes, my one gets pretty terrible after an hour or two. Just don't touch it lol... There was once I cleaned some ear pads and thought hang them on the tubes to grill them dry... I overcooked them and they have a little stiff spot...

 

One of those moments where you realize how stupid you are...

1. 2-3 hours

2. Around 25'C with my desktop idling, under load my room goes up to 30'C excluding amp's that are on.

3. If I just leave my amp on without playing music it get's just tad bit hot, playing any sort of music and I always have it set to 12'o clock will get my amp to a hot 60'C on the 6AS7 tube itself, measured using a T-probe digital therm...

post #625 of 856

I think the tube at 60C is normal, well at least it's like mine too. Your ambient temp is at 30 already. 2~3 hours is roughly what I'm having too.

 

My 'solution' was to leviate it from my DAC so that heat would not get trapped beneath the unit. It helped a lot actually. I stole a few receipt paper rolls from work ;)

post #626 of 856
post #627 of 856
Any other Australian head-fiers are interested in reviewing the RDP+ (top), before it exits Australia - please PM me biggrin.gif
Edited by svyr - 1/23/13 at 5:51am
post #628 of 856

I have unbelievably manage to break the screen on my new iMod less than a week after getting it mad.gif Anyone know somewhere in Australia where I can reliably get the screen replaced?

post #629 of 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

I have unbelievably manage to break the screen on my new iMod less than a week after getting it mad.gif Anyone know somewhere in Australia where I can reliably get the screen replaced?

 

Im assuming its a 5th gen if its an iMod but you can get what you want here

 

http://www.irefresh.com.au/32-screen-replacement.html

post #630 of 856
I'd probs get the part and go to any larger looking phone repair shop that looks to have a soldering iron if necessary, give them the part and youtube link to the procedure, pay 20-50$ and get it fixed that way (if not into diy)
Edited by svyr - 1/24/13 at 2:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner