Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner - Page 39

post #571 of 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post

 News just in...

 

 Grado has finally landed people - smile_phones.gif

 

Still more vastly overpriced than their Alessandro equivalents I imagine?

post #572 of 858

You might be surprised, A2A have excellent prices on all their gear and excellent customer service.  I would definitely order from A2A rather than importing.

post #573 of 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

 

Still more vastly overpriced than their Alessandro equivalents I imagine?

 

No, prices are very good compared to before, when sold by Audiophile in Melb.

post #574 of 858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

 

Still more vastly overpriced than their Alessandro equivalents I imagine?

 

 Dead set even now - MS2i is $329 from you-know-who and 325i is $329 from you-know-who

post #575 of 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick01 View Post

 

No, prices are very good compared to before, when sold by Audiophile in Melb.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post

 

 Dead set even now - MS2i is $329 from you-know-who and 325i is $329 from you-know-who

 

 

My, times have changed.

 

Oh wow the RS1i is now cheaper in Australia than the MS Pro?


Edited by ProjectDenz - 5/30/12 at 3:02am
post #576 of 858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

 

 

 

My, times have changed.

 

Oh wow the RS1i is now cheaper in Australia than the MS Pro?

 

 Lucky times indeed - $749 for the Ms-Pro versus $695 for the RS1i - it gets even better - Aussie dollar is below parity

 with the US - $695 USD buckaroos turns into $715 aussie dollars - so assuming you were in NYC or anywhere in the

 US - RS1i would cost you $715 and then chances are - sales tax - it makes absolutely no sense to buy Grado from

 overseas anymore.

post #577 of 858

Jaben is more accessible in Melbourne because of it's CBD location. A2A can be quite hard to get to especially for those who have to go into CBD first to get a tram to Kew. That's pretty much going right past Jaben.
 

post #578 of 858

But compare the product range, one does not simply stop at Jaben very_evil_smiley.gif

In my case I visit Jaben during the week since I'm studying at Rmit but whenever I have a day to spend I go straight to a2a ( took me 1.5 hour one way) 

No contest here, more toys to play with wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewtng View Post

Jaben is more accessible in Melbourne because of it's CBD location. A2A can be quite hard to get to especially for those who have to go into CBD first to get a tram to Kew. That's pretty much going right past Jaben.
 

 

Btw, anyone knows any end of financial year sale on audio equipments ? 


Edited by xzobinx - 6/10/12 at 7:36pm
post #579 of 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzobinx View Post

But compare the product range, one does not simply stop at Jaben very_evil_smiley.gif

In my case I visit Jaben during the week since I'm studying at Rmit but whenever I have a day to spend I go straight to a2a ( took me 1.5 hour one way) 

No contest here, more toys to play with wink.gif

 

Btw, anyone knows any end of financial year sale on audio equipments

 

That would be awesome! Come'on MOTs I know you are reading this very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Oh, any tube people in Syd? Would love to share some tube deals with someone else in Syd/AUS...

post #580 of 858

any deals for 6AS7G RCA or EF80 Telefunken ? I'm getting the la figaro 339 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

That would be awesome! Come'on MOTs I know you are reading this very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Oh, any tube people in Syd? Would love to share some tube deals with someone else in Syd/AUS...

post #581 of 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Oh, any tube people in Syd? Would love to share some tube deals with someone else in Syd/AUS...
I split my time between QLD and Sydney and just got a Schiit Lyr. Might be interested in checking out some different tubes.
post #582 of 858

For those looking for tubes, you can give these guys a try:

http://www.nostubestore.com/

 

They're based in Turkey.  I have no affiliation with them - just one purchase - but I'll go back again.  Prices seem reasonable, and their service is pretty good.  Delivery was a little slow - so I queried them about it.  Koray assured me they were on the way, and actually refunded my payment - telling me to just arrange repayment when they arrived.  That's a guy who really stands behind \his product.  The tubes are the real deal too - and packaged exquisitely for long distance travel.

 

I brought a selection of NOS tubes including M8100 Black Plates for my LD MKIV.

 

Worth bookmarking.

post #583 of 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzobinx View Post

any deals for 6AS7G RCA or EF80 Telefunken ? I'm getting the la figaro 339 

 

I have a 6as7 rca XD

 

But I'm wondering with this deal: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350572195346?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_656wt_1269

 

That's like ~60 each for a Tung-Sol 5998. I would love to pay for one / two max. Any people looking for a 6as7 should check the 5998 out.

post #584 of 858

Anyone familiar with the business Trevor Lees Audio in Melbourne they have an store on eBay under the name of "christophersaudiophilestore"?

 

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to pick up a pair of Atkimate Mini speakers that he has on sale on his eBay store, unfortunately since I'm in Adelaide I cannot visit the store and if something happens I don't want to be caught by surprise.

post #585 of 858

Bought the same thing from them recently - no problems. Old-established business with storefront as well as online sales.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner