Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner - Page 25

post #361 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post

after waiting approx 4 months already for this amp...

 

 


I know its painful as I sold a lot of portable gear thinking this amp was going to be released earlier than this. I bought an iBasso DX100 in the second batch (mid Feb) which is sold out already and hopefully that will be sent next week from iBasso land. Will be looking forward to comparing the CLAS/RX3 v DX100 at some stage beerchug.gif

 

post #362 of 906

Wow.  The DX100 is also almost onto my must have list.  I have never found any other DAP that is as easy to use as an ipod/idevice since I am a Mac user but the DX100 with its support of ALAC looks to be a goer.

 

I hope that you will be able to bring it along to the Perth Headfi meet and of course that you will be able to make it there in the first instance.

 

It will be great to put CLAS/RX3 versus DX100.  

post #363 of 906

Hey guys, anyone who is from Melb and regularly goes into the CBD, be sure to go to level 2 in Melb Central where the foodcourts are and be sure to check out Volume, you can bring your own audio gear, (I brought my GSV + Zune) today and trialed few of the headphones there, really nifty stuff. 

post #364 of 906

Thanks for the tip. I just tried it and quite enjoyed those new Marley headphones.

 

The best phone they have there is probably the M-50 or similar level. Plenty of IEMs there too.

post #365 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post

Thanks for the tip. I just tried it and quite enjoyed those new Marley headphones.

 

The best phone they have there is probably the M-50 or similar level. Plenty of IEMs there too.



No chance the M50, the AKG K242 II, Shure SRH840/940 sounded alot better than the M50's. uhmm there were no IEM's there?

post #366 of 906

Under the counter and in the cabinets.

 

post #367 of 906

Just a reminder guys, the Perth meet is happening in May and we might be able to get Headphonics to host it. We are doing a name count right now. See my signature for a link.

post #368 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post

Under the counter and in the cabinets.

 



I saw the ones in the cabinet's and the see through glass display section, but I didn't think you could actually ask the two well... attractive rep girls to try the earbud's from under the counter.

 

I lol'd when I saw the price underneath the "Audiophile" section of the HD600, HD650, IE8, IE80 and the HD800 priced at $560, $770, $495 and $1999 respectively, shows how much of a bargain I got my IE8, HD600 and HD800's for at $150, $170 and $890 (while I'am the second owner for the HD800, others were new).

post #369 of 906

More just mark up for prices in Aus :(
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I lol'd when I saw the price underneath the "Audiophile" section of the HD600, HD650, IE8, IE80 and the HD800 priced at $560, $770, $495 and $1999 respectively, shows how much of a bargain I got my IE8, HD600 and HD800's for at $150, $170 and $890 (while I'am the second owner for the HD800, others were new).



On an unrelated note, the new Hilltop Hoods almbum came out today biggrin.gif top notch aussie hip-hop. Even went gold on its first day.

post #370 of 906


last time I saw they list the hd 650 40 $ cheaper than hd 600 basshead.gif  when did you get the hd 600 I try to find a reasonable price for hd 650 in Melbourne but no luck angry_face.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post



I saw the ones in the cabinet's and the see through glass display section, but I didn't think you could actually ask the two well... attractive rep girls to try the earbud's from under the counter.

 

I lol'd when I saw the price underneath the "Audiophile" section of the HD600, HD650, IE8, IE80 and the HD800 priced at $560, $770, $495 and $1999 respectively, shows how much of a bargain I got my IE8, HD600 and HD800's for at $150, $170 and $890 (while I'am the second owner for the HD800, others were new).



 

post #371 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzobinx View Post


last time I saw they list the hd 650 40 $ cheaper than hd 600 basshead.gif  when did you get the hd 600 I try to find a reasonable price for hd 650 in Melbourne but no luck angry_face.gif



 



For my headphones, I've never purchased any in Aus. For the one reason its because the aussie prices are simply marked up too high and overpriced. I get most my stuff from other buyers from forums or ebay if there is a good deal to snag up on.

post #372 of 906


I have a bad habit of breaking gears so it's safer for me to buy at local shop but with the Aussie prices like this I guess just go with international dealer then :( 
wish every headphones build like m80 or hd 25 and I can go with whatever sound I want :-<

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post



For my headphones, I've never purchased any in Aus. For the one reason its because the aussie prices are simply marked up too high and overpriced. I get most my stuff from other buyers from forums or ebay if there is a good deal to snag up on.



 

post #373 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzobinx View Post


I have a bad habit of breaking gears so it's safer for me to buy at local shop but with the Aussie prices like this I guess just go with international dealer then :( 
wish every headphones build like m80 or hd 25 and I can go with whatever sound I want :-<



 



haha, just take caution and try not to break things.

post #374 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post



For my headphones, I've never purchased any in Aus. For the one reason its because the aussie prices are simply marked up too high and overpriced. I get most my stuff from other buyers from forums or ebay if there is a good deal to snag up on.


Headphonic is reasonable priced for cans above the $100 mark. But KSC75's for $50? A bit to pricey for me, I ended up snagging a pair for $30 including shipping for my mums birthday the other day.
post #375 of 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post



haha, just take caution and try not to break things.

sometimes australian shops put a markup of 2x on the street price on fleabay... so you can just buy off fleabay and break them. twice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner