Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner - Page 16

post #226 of 856

I'm just waiting on the FiiO E17... My dac should be the bottleneck of my system

post #227 of 856

A friend of mine just picked up a Triad L3 bought from a Brissie member from the PO for me that I will collect when I arrive. I can't believe now I own one of those insanely expensive (trans)portable rigs I thought were crazy not too long ago.

post #228 of 856
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

A friend of mine just picked up a Triad L3 bought from a Brissie member from the PO for me that I will collect when I arrive. I can't believe now I own one of those insanely expensive (trans)portable rigs I thought were crazy not too long ago.



 L3-next-to-an-iPod-Touch-300x199.jpg

 

 That's a big wooden portable amp!

 

 Now all you need is the woody DAC to match, no desire to have kept the Fostex HP-P1 for

 that purpose alone?

post #229 of 856
Thread Starter 

 

 Woo Audio WA2 pictures from today..

 

woo wa2-1.jpg

 

woo wa2-2.jpg

 

 

woo wa2-5.jpg

woo wa2-4.jpg

woo wa2-3.jpg

post #230 of 856
Thread Starter 

 

 Ray Samuels Emmeline portable amp range for those that desire a 'deluxe' portable experience smile.gif

 

 None on demo for now, but hopefully in the near future.

 

 Ray Samuels Portables.jpg

post #231 of 856


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post





 L3-next-to-an-iPod-Touch-300x199.jpg

 

 That's a big wooden portable amp!

 

 Now all you need is the woody DAC to match, no desire to have kept the Fostex HP-P1 for

 that purpose alone?



 

I believe its wood no more. 

http://www.facebook.com/headfonia

That was what put me off the purchase of the L3.. That an the fact there was no international charger but was suprised at how low key the L3 was.

 

Gwarmi will you George be stocking the L3 at A2A atsmile.gif


Edited by Room40 - 12/21/11 at 11:30pm
post #232 of 856
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

 

I believe its wood no more. 

http://www.facebook.com/headfonia

That was what put me off the purchase of the L3.. That an the fact there was no international charger but was suprised at how low key the L3 was.

 

Gwarmi will you George be stocking the L3 at A2A atsmile.gif



 Ahh not as far as I know, Ray Samuels portable range is here though, SR71B for the balanced inclined.

 

 The L3 could be placed under 'special order' though perhaps. You'd have to ring George and ask.

 

post #233 of 856
Thread Starter 

 

 Audeze LCD-3 ~ finally this thing lands in Melbourne. Very surprising,

 currently burning in, I'm the only one to give it the nod instantly over the old

 LCD-2 from 3 other people. Certainly a different sound signature to my ears, fuller

 sounding and this one looks like it could misbehave if fed

 some really crummy recordings. I like it, I never heard the Rev1's but someone here

 reckons the LCD-3 pays tribute.

 

lcd3-2.jpg lcd3-1.jpg

lcd3-5.jpglcd3-3.jpg

post #234 of 856

Why's this thread turned out to be a pathetic advertisement for A2A?????

post #235 of 856
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinh View Post

Why's this thread turned out to be a pathetic advertisement for A2A?????



 If you can think of another place in Australia where people can audition this sort of gear for free just by walking into a store

 then I'm all ears.

 

 Some people actually like auditioning a $4000 setup before buying it.

post #236 of 856


to be checked out in melbourne (I haven't read the whole thread, apologies if I'm reinterating):  

 

Stereophonic @ Docklands - Small but decent AT selection - each time I have been there the staff have been very friendly and helpful, but not a hiuge headphone focus (although growing).

 

Jaben @ Lonsdale St - Great guys, growing selection of toys and some rarities to drool over ;)  Heard the hifiman he-500 there - very nice, fun listen  Going back soon to audition the centrance gear :)

 

Volume @ Melbourne Central - Big selection but lots of not so great models ie: skull candy. - but also AKG + AT+ some senns... very pricey tho, although I didn't ask if they would deal / pricematch, most places do I guess...  I like how you can try any model straight away just by jacking in a player...!

 

I like a2a, best selection I have found in victoria - and they are very accommodating to my anal auditioning methods! 

post #237 of 856

How about places in NZ? The guys at the real music co in wellington are awesome and so is turned on audio in onehunga, Auckland. I've also spent a fair amount of time in soundline wellington where they are very helpful (especially considering i'm a student so won't be spending mega $ any time soon). 

Nz stores are quite speaker focused.

 

I'm fortunate enough to be able to get to Sydney every few months (was Melbourne up until early this year).

 

Where can I go in Sydney?

post #238 of 856
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesnz View Post

How about places in NZ? The guys at the real music co in wellington are awesome and so is turned on audio in onehunga, Auckland. I've also spent a fair amount of time in soundline wellington where they are very helpful (especially considering i'm a student so won't be spending mega $ any time soon). 

Nz stores are quite speaker focused.

 

I'm fortunate enough to be able to get to Sydney every few months (was Melbourne up until early this year).

 

Where can I go in Sydney?


 

 The Audio Technica store at the Westfield shopping town, plus DJ Warehouse are on 2/641 Parramatta Rd

 Leichhardt NSW 2040
post #239 of 856

A SPECIAL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY AUSTRALASIAN MATES AND THOSE COUSINS THAT HAVE CONNECTED WITH US HERE!!

 

Please stay safe and healthy but have a blast of a time! beerchug.gif

 

 

post #240 of 856
Thread Starter 

 

 Merry Christmas and a very high fidelity new year everyone!! L3000.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner