Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner - Page 14

post #196 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post



Quite a few from the UK, Europe, and Asia, and the odd NZer as well



I would say at least 65% is from north america.

post #197 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post



I would say at least 65% is from north america.



And the point of making that little 'fact' in the "Aussie & NZ Head-fiers Corner" was ............?

post #198 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post



And the point of making that little 'fact' in the "Aussie & NZ Head-fiers Corner" was ............?



In response to your post regarding where people are from. You know what never mind.

post #199 of 855

Signing up L3000.gif

post #200 of 855
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Signing up L3000.gif



Ahoy!! Welcome aboard

post #201 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post

 

Just thought some of you would to see some pics of a Woo Audio 6 un-boxing

~ now on demo in the audition room at Addicted To Audio.

 

 Sweet sounding amp, straight out of the box, dynamically it's quite good indeed for $731AUD.

 

 

 

IMG_0802.jpg

 

 

 

 

Fantastique! I really love this shot...

 

post #202 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post

 

 

 Just thought we'd get a corner of Head-Fi going for all Aussie and Kiwi Head-Fier matters,

 

 (Read: Free up the main headphone forum for our late night ramblings while our North American

  and European friends are asleep)

 

 Figure this little thread could be a chance to introduce ourselves and discuss all things

 related to Headphone gear matters in this sun burnt country (oh and the land of the

 long white cloud :))

 

 Could be interesting to chew the fat over where we think the scene is heading and

 share stories over recent meets and that sort of thing.

 

 Fire away! smile.gif


When I'm sleepless in NA, I'll stop by the cafe here for a chat...

beerchug.gif

post #203 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post



And the point of making that little 'fact' in the "Aussie & NZ Head-fiers Corner" was ............?



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post



In response to your post regarding where people are from. You know what never mind.




hahahaha you guys are funny! I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome here!!! beerchug.gif

post #204 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post



Ahoy!! Welcome aboard



+1

good to have ya onboard mate!

post #205 of 855

Thanks! Not going to sleep?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleng View Post



+1

good to have ya onboard mate!


 

Got a gf in HK... Skyping with some logitech webcam and audio out via E7/9 -> ms1000. So sad I can't use wasapi from foobar...

post #206 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleng View Post



 




hahahaha you guys are funny! I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome here!!! beerchug.gif


First day here and I'm looking forward to looking in from California...

beerchug.gif

 

post #207 of 855

Well I may as well make my presence from nz known. Are there any more of us out there? Must say it's awesome seeing Melbourne stores getting some woo goodness in. I was pretty terrified shipping mine (and tubes)  from NY but they were packed extremely well and unlike Grado, jack woo was a pleasure to deal with.


Edited by jamesnz - 12/17/11 at 4:42pm
post #208 of 855
Thread Starter 

 

 

 Spoke to George and he'll be shipping out the Woo Audio units with a little personal 1-page guide for general use

 and a pair of latex gloves for owners who are totally new to the wonderful world of tubes.

 

 For those that are new, it is generally recommended that you never touch the tubes with your bare hands

 even when cold, human skin oil can contaminate the glass of the tube causing hot spots during operation

 which will cause the tube to live a short life.

 

 Other tips ~ use for 8 hours at a time and give the tubes a rest by switching it off.

 

 The upgraded Woo tubes should be available too for those desiring a Mega Woo setup.

 

 Next week is Christmas indeed for Melbourne and Santa has been a very bad man - key word..

 

 Dark Star.... evil_smiley.gif

 

 


Edited by Gwarmi - 12/17/11 at 3:45pm
post #209 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post

 

 

 Spoke to George and he'll be shipping out the Woo Audio units with a little personal 1-page guide for general use

 and a pair of latex gloves for owners who are totally new to the wonderful world of tubes.

 

 For those that are new, it is generally recommended that you never touch the tubes with your bare hands

 even when cold, human skin oil can contaminate the glass of the tube causing hot spots during operation

 which will cause the tube to live a short life.

 

 Other tips ~ use for 8 hours at a time and give the tubes a rest by switching it off.

 

 The upgraded Woo tubes should be available too for those desiring a Mega Woo setup.

 

 Next week is Christmas indeed for Melbourne and Santa has been a very bad man - key word..

 

 Dark Star.... evil_smiley.gif

 

 



eek.gif  You mean... as in "RS?" Well, indeed!  very_evil_smiley.gif

post #210 of 855
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post



eek.gif  You mean... as in "RS?" Well, indeed!  very_evil_smiley.gif



 Yep, Ray Samuels this week along with the LCD-3 ~ balanced good times!

 

 Two Dark Stars should make it before Christmas, along with an A10 Thunderbolt and B52, although I believe they have already

 been spoken for.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner