Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Auditioning headphones in the UK?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Auditioning headphones in the UK?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Simple question from a newbie:

 

I've made mistakes buying cans on recommendation alone (Denon AH D2000's for example - not my taste at all).

 

So everyone says "try before you buy" - but where?

 

Ideally I'm looking for a dealer in the Midlands UK where I can listen to a good selection of mid priced models in a single day.

 

Can anyone help?

 

Many thanks

post #2 of 8

I too wish they people who say "try before you buy" would say where.    I suspect they didn't either, because in 20+ yrs of hanging round hifi shops in the the UK, I've yet to find one that has a decent selection of headphones to audition.

post #3 of 8

Most headphone audition stores are located in Asian regions. You'd be lucky to find one in the entire UK. Wait for meets.

post #4 of 8


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbeeb View Post

I too wish they people who say "try before you buy" would say where.    I suspect they didn't either, because in 20+ yrs of hanging round hifi shops in the the UK, I've yet to find one that has a decent selection of headphones to audition.



Hey alan, you live in Edinburgh right? What about http://www.advancedheadphones.co.uk?

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpage View Post

Most headphone audition stores are located in Asian regions. You'd be lucky to find one in the entire UK. Wait for meets.



Or you can organize a meet with another Uk head-fier's. 

post #6 of 8

lucky that i live in Asia.

Too many headphones for me to try out, it gonna take ages.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nny View Post


 



Hey alan, you live in Edinburgh right? What about http://www.advancedheadphones.co.uk?



Last time I looked, their "retail store" was a concession stand in an aisle of a shopping mall.  They might possibly have a few teenager-oriented glam cans to try out but not anything we'd be interested in.

post #8 of 8

Thats a shame. They could have real potential. Well, maybe not actually, considering that from the 1 year I've been an audiophile, it's now apparent to me that Scotland has an absurdly high percentage of people who just don't care.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Auditioning headphones in the UK?