Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › samsung galaxy player wifi 4/5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

samsung galaxy player wifi 4/5

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 

Hello

does anyone own one of these?
They have the same audio chipset of the galaxy s phones (wolfsons) which is supposed to be amazing.

I'm 95% buying the 4.0 version later this month and I was wondering if the audio quality is on par with the phone version.

post #2 of 37
Thread Starter 

no one owns one? :P

post #3 of 37

Not heard of this - do you have a link..?

post #4 of 37
Thread Starter 

they're currently on black friday sales at amazon.com

post #5 of 37

I just ordered the SGP 5.0 myself,...looks sweet to me. and here's a whole bunch of stuff about it:http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=238

 

Just browse through the threads and ask questions,...

post #6 of 37

I've got both the 4.0 and the 5.0.  Reviewed the 4.0.  The 5.0 is essentially the same but larger.  Great devices.  Sound is excellent. They come with IEMs that include a microphone on the cable.  The few things Samsung added to the UI are useful and practical.  Other than that they are pretty much phones without the cell connection and monthly fee.  I'm liking the 5.0 better as it has a larger battery for more time between charges. Good prices for both at BestBuy.com and other places this weekend.

post #7 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post

I've got both the 4.0 and the 5.0.  Reviewed the 4.0.  The 5.0 is essentially the same but larger.  Great devices.  Sound is excellent. They come with IEMs that include a microphone on the cable.  The few things Samsung added to the UI are useful and practical.  Other than that they are pretty much phones without the cell connection and monthly fee.  I'm liking the 5.0 better as it has a larger battery for more time between charges. Good prices for both at BestBuy.com and other places this weekend.



since you have it, can you tell me the battery model the 4.0 has?

post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

since you have it, can you tell me the battery model the 4.0 has?

Sure. Samsung EB494353VA 1200 mAh

On the 4.0 you have to pop off the back to install/replace the battery and the microSD card. The 5.0's back isn't intended to come off, and the microSD slot is under a swing open door on the top edge. 

 

 

post #9 of 37
Thread Starter 

Thank you, so the 4.0 battery doesn't have a shorter name like the i9000 phone that uses a G7 battery?

I'm asking because I want to find a better battery since 1200mAh seems a little low

post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

Thank you, so the 4.0 battery doesn't have a shorter name like the i9000 phone that uses a G7 battery?

I'm asking because I want to find a better battery since 1200mAh seems a little low



No shorter name, sorry.  Someone on another forum mentioned he found a 1400mAh replacement but that it didn't do any better than the stock battery.  Seems as though a battery would have to get larger to last longer, but this one fits tight in the space provided for it. Can't personally see doing much better by changing out the battery.  A spare to take with you (since they can be swapped out easily) does sound like a great idea though.

 

post #11 of 37

Have the 5.0 myself, and if im honest the dac unit on my galaxy nexus seems better to my ears.

post #12 of 37

Does anyone know if the SGP can play Apple Lossless files with the stock music app?

post #13 of 37

Are there any "hot" android smartphones that have good SQ? Something comparable to the SQ on my J3...

post #14 of 37
Thread Starter 

Galaxy s I9000 with voodoo sound

post #15 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandaz93 View Post

Does anyone know if the SGP can play Apple Lossless files with the stock music app?



I doubt it, but you're not forced to use the stock app :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › samsung galaxy player wifi 4/5