Not bad for a newcomer. The Zodiac Gold has been our biggest seller for Antelope in 2011 and we're extremely proud of all the new markets it's opened up for us.
- brandAntelope Audiotagged by System, 11/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Wired give Zodiac by Antelope 9 out of 10 and says "buy it now" Last post on 11/30/12 at 9:24pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- DigitalTrends reviews Zodiac, gives it 9.5 out of 10 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:52pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent review of Zodiac Gold on AVguide.com (Playback) Last post on 2/16/12 at 2:47pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Zodiac Gold can play up to 384kHz from iPad! (video) Last post on 2/10/12 at 2:45pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Antelope offering $400 off during the holidays on Zodiac! Last post on 11/23/11 at 2:02pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Zodiac Gold "Runner Up" for Product Of The Year in Stereophile
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thank you. It was in the Headphone category. I suppose people are still wrapping their heads around what a USB DAC with built-in pre-amp AND headphone pre-amp actually is. But, we've never advertised with them, so you have to respect their unbiased choice. :-)
That's . . . weird, but should actually be worth more here given that this is a headphone forum. :) I just bought the Gold combo myself mainly for the DAC function (still waiting to receive the Voltikus) but am excited to hear that the headphone amp was not just an afterthought.
Are you the guy who bought the Noir (black) Bundle? I'm sorry about the delay on the Voltikus. We just switched our logistics center and your Voltikus is boxed up and leaving tomorrow. I'm sorry about the delay. It wasn't the dealer's fault at all, just fyi.
Hey Marcel - Yes, I am that guy. No worries about the delay. Neal is great (not only is he a terrific salesperson, but he is a big proponent of your product) and I won't hold him (or you) responsible.
I've not had a chance to try out the Planar's, but with the Zodiac Noir's selectable impedances (120 and 0 ohms), you should have plenty of power for them.
I'll have to ask our engineers if we have some THD numbers, etc for you.
That's great to hear Todd. Looking forward to your official review.
When I first heard them - I was amazed at the sound - given that i was hearing tubes where this is a solid state circuit ... if only the headphone volume pot was also remote controllable ...
Keep up the good work ...
Depending on your budget, the new Eclipse does have the relay control on the headphone out and sounds quite amazing. Shipping around mid-Dec. It's marketed for studios, but we're already getting interest from audiophiles who want to record hi-rez, for example.
A few days ago I changed the 2 fuses in the Voltikus power supply for the black hifi tuning Supreme fuses....made my antelope gold even better sounding...a very worhwhile upgrade . The dac now sounds even more like real music.
- Zodiac Gold "Runner Up" for Product Of The Year in Stereophile
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 29 seconds ago
- › Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 - Aus Only 43 seconds ago
- › Musician, need IEM for live monitoring (200 - 250$) 58 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-08-27 3 minutes ago
- › Reasonable amp for the HD650. 4 minutes ago
- › The need for amplifiers 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)