Not bad for a newcomer. The Zodiac Gold has been our biggest seller for Antelope in 2011 and we're extremely proud of all the new markets it's opened up for us.
- brandAntelope Audiotagged by System, 11/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Wired give Zodiac by Antelope 9 out of 10 and says "buy it now" Last post on 11/30/12 at 9:24pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- DigitalTrends reviews Zodiac, gives it 9.5 out of 10 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:52pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent review of Zodiac Gold on AVguide.com (Playback) Last post on 2/16/12 at 2:47pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Zodiac Gold can play up to 384kHz from iPad! (video) Last post on 2/10/12 at 2:45pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Antelope offering $400 off during the holidays on Zodiac! Last post on 11/23/11 at 2:02pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/14
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Zodiac Gold "Runner Up" for Product Of The Year in Stereophile
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thank you. It was in the Headphone category. I suppose people are still wrapping their heads around what a USB DAC with built-in pre-amp AND headphone pre-amp actually is. But, we've never advertised with them, so you have to respect their unbiased choice. :-)
That's . . . weird, but should actually be worth more here given that this is a headphone forum. :) I just bought the Gold combo myself mainly for the DAC function (still waiting to receive the Voltikus) but am excited to hear that the headphone amp was not just an afterthought.
Are you the guy who bought the Noir (black) Bundle? I'm sorry about the delay on the Voltikus. We just switched our logistics center and your Voltikus is boxed up and leaving tomorrow. I'm sorry about the delay. It wasn't the dealer's fault at all, just fyi.
Hey Marcel - Yes, I am that guy. No worries about the delay. Neal is great (not only is he a terrific salesperson, but he is a big proponent of your product) and I won't hold him (or you) responsible.
I've not had a chance to try out the Planar's, but with the Zodiac Noir's selectable impedances (120 and 0 ohms), you should have plenty of power for them.
I'll have to ask our engineers if we have some THD numbers, etc for you.
That's great to hear Todd. Looking forward to your official review.
When I first heard them - I was amazed at the sound - given that i was hearing tubes where this is a solid state circuit ... if only the headphone volume pot was also remote controllable ...
Keep up the good work ...
Depending on your budget, the new Eclipse does have the relay control on the headphone out and sounds quite amazing. Shipping around mid-Dec. It's marketed for studios, but we're already getting interest from audiophiles who want to record hi-rez, for example.
A few days ago I changed the 2 fuses in the Voltikus power supply for the black hifi tuning Supreme fuses....made my antelope gold even better sounding...a very worhwhile upgrade . The dac now sounds even more like real music.
- Zodiac Gold "Runner Up" for Product Of The Year in Stereophile
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 1 second ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 18 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3