Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Good headphones for around 50$
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good headphones for around 50$

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

I am looking around for good headphones for around 50$. I am looking for ones that have little leak, good noise isolation, deep bass, and good sound clarity. Im looking towards Sennheisers, but I don't know which model to get. Would anyone suggest any models or other brands that are good?

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyudryu View Post

I am looking around for good headphones for around 50$. I am looking for ones that have little leak, good noise isolation, deep bass, and good sound clarity. Im looking towards Sennheisers, but I don't know which model to get. Would anyone suggest any models or other brands that are good?

 

Thanks!



That is more or less an impossible criteria to meet for $50 redface.gif

 

Clarity and deep bass at that price is rare, certainly not with excellent noise isolation.

 

Can you afford to lose one of those criteria?

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

I could go higher, but Im just hoping it wouldn't go over 70

post #4 of 18

 

 Can you rank what is most important to you in order of importance..

 

 Clarity, deep bass, isolation?

post #5 of 18

If you can bear to dump the low sound leaking requirement, and are willing to pay $79, I would go with the Grado SR60i. They leak sound tons, but the sound is fantastic for their price range. They sound great unamped also.

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 

Well, bass and clarity is most important, noise isolation is not that important, but is nice to have.

 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post

If you can bear to dump the low sound leaking requirement, and are willing to pay $79, I would go with the Grado SR60i. They leak sound tons, but the sound is fantastic for their price range. They sound great unamped also.



Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look at those.


Edited by Hyudryu - 11/12/11 at 4:47pm
post #7 of 18

Second vote from me for the SR60i ~ excellent unbeatable clarity at that price, Koss KSC75 is not bad either

 

Both are king in that price range.

post #8 of 18

The Panasonic RP HTF600 is worth a look, I'd pick one up without hesitation if I ever found one in a local store. From impressions around this site they seem like they'd suit your needs nicely, great bass and clarity for the price with decent a little isolation. Although I doubt their clarity matches the SR60i.


Edited by brrgrr - 11/12/11 at 5:02pm
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by brrgrr View Post

The Panasonic RP HTF600 is worth a look, I'd pick one up without hesitation if I ever found one in a local store. From impressions around this site they seem like they'd suit your needs nicely, great bass and clarity for the price with decent isolation. Although I doubt their clarity matches the SR60i.



I'm looking at that right now, but some stores sell it for around 30$, while other sell it for 50$. Are they all the same?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Panasonic+RP+HTF600&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8229807331841009376&sa=X&ei=sxa_To-eNu3SiALp9cmZAw&ved=0CC4Q8wIwAQ

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 

I feel that I should save up more, and then get something more expensive. What do you guys think about these, http://www.sennheiserusa.com/headphones-stereo_502767

It looks nice. Is it worth the money?

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyudryu View Post

I feel that I should save up more, and then get something more expensive. What do you guys think about these, http://www.sennheiserusa.com/headphones-stereo_502767

It looks nice. Is it worth the money?



You'll have to travel up the Sennheiser chain for clarity to match the $79 SR60i ~ HD598 and upwards to the HD600 and HD650.

 

Cheaper Sennheisers are not renowned for their clarity

post #12 of 18

Bass is very good on the Grado SR60i, and treble clarity is excellent on the Grado SR60i.


Edited by zeno - 11/12/11 at 5:14pm
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 

Alright, thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will consider the Grado SR60i.

 


Edited by Hyudryu - 11/12/11 at 5:51pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyudryu View Post
I'm looking at that right now, but some stores sell it for around 30$, while other sell it for 50$. Are they all the same?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Panasonic+RP+HTF600&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8229807331841009376&sa=X&ei=sxa_To-eNu3SiALp9cmZAw&ved=0CC4Q8wIwAQ


Yes, they are all the same.

 

 

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post


Yes, they are all the same.

 

 



Okay, thanks.

One more question. What does Closed Circumaural mean?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Good headphones for around 50$