There's not much out there about the FEELS Pro900. All I know is that the company is based in Korea and it uses the same driver as the A151 from what I've read. Thanks to Dimitri @ Musica Acoustics, I had the chance to check out the Pro900 and was pretty impressed. It costs about the same as the A151 and sounds a tad better to me which makes it a great bargain. I really liked its design as well.
Packaging & Accessories
Nothing fancy here, just a simple packaging with minimal accessories. I wasn't really expecting much for the price they go for. Here's are some pictures below to show you what you get:
Comfort & Isolation
Very, very comfortable and it just disappears in the ear sort of like the UE700. I had no problems what so ever with the fit or comfort with this. Isolation was decent, about good as the A151.
Build & Cable
With the metal housing, seems to be pretty durable. The only part that might be a problem is the articulating plastic nozzle, which can be easily popped out but is replaceable. I wasn't crazy about the cable, it tangles easily and doesn't feel all that great. The part from the y-split to the housing is a typical thin, rubbery cable and from the y-split to the plug is a flat cable. Here's a couple pictures below:
- Treble: Crisp and had good sparkle without being harsh or aggressive. It was a tad more engaging than the A151.
- Mids: Rendered vocals nicely, smooth and slightly forward. I felt it presented it better than the A151.
- Bass: Surprisingly powerful for a single armature. Doesn't have the impact or rumble of dynamics but still pretty good. Slightly stronger than the bass of the A151.
- Soundstage: Pretty average about the same as the A151.
- Overall: I really enjoyed the overall sound, it was full, engaging, and rendered vocals beautifully.
I found the Pro900 surprisingly good for the price and would say it's a better bargain than the A151. The only things I preferred on the A151 over the Pro900 is the cable and accessories. It's sort of hard to find but you can pick one up @ Musica Acoustics for about $70-$80. It's a shame more people haven't tried this out and I feel like there should be more impressions about it which is the reason I plan to loan it out to interested Head-Fi'ers for their take on it. If you meet the requirements below and/or want to try it before you buy it, feel free to let me know and you can check it out yourself.
- Live in the United States
- Trusted Head-Fi'er
- Find out the next person's address
- Pay to ship to the next person
- Post impressions on this thread
- If you break it, let me know
Edited by -y0- - 11/22/11 at 1:23am