@ Flipsidiaz: I hope it is everything you are looking for and it is the best decision, not the worst! Looking forward to hearing from you once you get them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/20/14 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lisa III and SE535 for portable audio setup Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread! - Page 3post #31 of 59611/16/11 at 9:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 59611/18/11 at 9:04pm
I was wondering what genre these guys might sound good for. After reading the review I am highly inclined to get a pair for myself, seems pretty value for money!
I listen to nearly everything, but usually focus on Symphonic Power Metal bands, such as Nightwish. Any comments on this? D:
Oh and, awesome review mate, I appreciate your efforts in contributing back to the community! :Dpost #33 of 59611/19/11 at 6:42amThread Starter
While many custom IEMs are better for one genre or another in this price point, the sound signature of the 5X makes it a good all-around sound that for me works with everything from metal (such as Nightwish) to rock to pop to easy listening. It is not the fastest.sounding or most analytical, but symphonic power metal, which is a decent part of my collection still sounds great. If the 5X is not as good with any particular genre, I would say classical just because the slightly mid forward presentation doesn't match as well as a more laid back presentation of something like the TS842.
If you do get the 5X, please let us know how you like it!post #34 of 59611/19/11 at 4:34pm
I'm still considering the the AUD5x, but as I just got the CK100s and UM3x, Im deciding to do a little more listening time before making the decision for customs
I decided to let the ck100s go, I find that indoors, the ck100s are much more pleasant to listen to, with the space and effortless dynamics.
But as I use iems more out and about compared to indoors, while Im outside I don't notice the space so much, and yearn for detail in the outside environment
I'm growing to like the um3x more, as it has superb instrument separation, albeit everything being way too close. But that works well when I'm outside
How would the AUD5x compare with the ck100s and um3x?
Maybe specifically in the bass and mids
I'm just posting on this threat hoping it might help someone else make a decision :)
Jamespost #35 of 59611/19/11 at 10:54pmThread Starter
I have never heard the CK100s so I can't comment on that and I don't have a UM3X for comparison. But, deducing from how the SM3 and UM3X compare as well as how the SM3 and 5X compare, the UM3X is more mid-forward and has a good deal smaller soundstage. The aud-5X has at least as good, if not better imaging and 3D space to go along with superior technical ability including better transparency and dynamics. As far as smoothness and detail levels, I would have to have them here to really know, but I would venture to say that in the midrange and bass areas the 5X is more detailed.post #36 of 59611/19/11 at 11:25pm
I had always liked the UM3x when I was still using universals. If the Aud5x is a close match to the UM3x but with bigger sound stage, I will like to give it a try. Will be interesting to compare it with the 1964-Q, given the similar price. Just hoping the discount is still available.post #37 of 59611/20/11 at 2:49amHi Joe, do you think DRM can compete with the EM3pro musicality and soundstage depth?what are the similarities and differences between them?
Edited by miprasetya - 11/20/11 at 3:14ampost #38 of 59611/20/11 at 6:31ampost #39 of 59611/20/11 at 7:25ampost #40 of 59611/20/11 at 8:04amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Randius
I had always liked the UM3x when I was still using universals. If the Aud5x is a close match to the UM3x but with bigger sound stage, I will like to give it a try. Will be interesting to compare it with the 1964-Q, given the similar price. Just hoping the discount is still available.
To me, the presentation of the 5X is quite different than the UM3X as the UM3X is more mid-forward and less dynamic and coherent sounding. The overall space of the 5X is much larger than what I heard from the UM3X resulting in different a different proportion size. Speaking of that, the EM3 Pro is closer to the UM3X soundstage presentation proportions, but larger. And a comparison with the 1964-Q would be great!
It depends on the genre as the EM3 Pro is close to the best with certain very spacious tracks depth wise that I have, but in general the 5X sounds more musical to me because of the better clarity and balance. So, no, the soundstage depth of the EM3 Pro (and most other custom IEMs I have) is not on par with the EM3 Pro, but then the 5X is wider than the EM3 Pro, which has one of the smallest soundstage widths of my custom IEMs. I did a quick comparison between the two on the previous page here.Quote:Quote:
The shell isn't clear and at this point I only have 2 shells that aren't clear, so I am not 100% sure how it compares with a UM, but I think the UM stuff has a different finish that is shinier. It is not muddy or hazy, but in comparison I can't say. The closeup pictures bring out every flaw and I have no issues with the look or workmanship of the 5X.post #41 of 59611/29/11 at 4:31pmpost #42 of 59611/29/11 at 5:39pm
I actually did and should receive them in about two weeks, mid December. Mitch, the owner, is a really nice guy and replies to you within a day given he does not have a show so don't be hesitant to contact him.
Like I said before, I'll post again once I get them, given that I do not nearly have as much experience as some of the people on here.post #43 of 59612/4/11 at 9:48pmpost #44 of 59612/6/11 at 12:01pm
just placed my order for these solely based on Joes review since... well, no one else has ever heard these or any other from dream earz (most likely). crossing my fingers that i get wwhat joe got and wrote the review on! kinda scary that there are so many unknowns with this company. one known is that Mitch is pretty cool.
one thing i was unhappy with is that i requested his logo DE plus " aud-5x " on the face plate but i would have to pay the 50$ custom art work fee for the aud5x on there. given that its the product name, i feel it should have been free and i hope he takes it into consideration where all logos, etc will be free. especially with his logo being rather plain.
heres to hoping. cheers.post #45 of 59612/6/11 at 12:12pm
I got to meet mitch at a show he is a very cool guy I'd highly recommend drmearz solely based on meeting him and average_joe's review, I believe his custom's will not disappoint I'm going to order my pair soon hopefully by sunday.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread!
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 14 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 Review 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › NuForce Icon DAC with Android/DSD support now release! 4 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 4 minutes ago
- › Recommending Hifiman HE-400 or Philips X1 4 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 4 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob