Yeah, guys! Follow the illustrated instructions of someone named makejoke, joined today and first posted here. I reported.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Complete HM801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 9:33am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601. - Page 2post #16 of 13511/15/11 at 8:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13511/15/11 at 8:37amQuote:
Except that he/she's perfectly accurate...post #18 of 13511/15/11 at 8:43ampost #19 of 13511/17/11 at 2:42am
I've tried the rockbox with HM-801 and I think it's really good, except the player is occasionally switched off by itself, which is pretty annoying for me. So I switch back to the original firmware for now...post #20 of 13511/17/11 at 3:52ampost #21 of 13511/18/11 at 4:23am
Glad to hear that you have managed it too. Sorry for being unreliable brought about my nickname. I'm really uncreative choosing a nick, so I took my name "Machwitz" and translated it, but making jokes in such serious situation would be misplaced. It's not the first time that I bricked a device with a an unstable firmware, so I was relieved to found a solution and registered to confirm the possibility in rolling back the original firmware.post #22 of 13511/18/11 at 6:54am
I rockboxed my hm-601 about 2 weeks now and haven't run into any problems yet. The biggest change for me (also the reason why I took it down from the classifieds) is that it properly orders the tracks and browsing is much easier now. I used to browse by sd card because the browse by album/artist didn't work too well for me. However, the main issue was that as I added new albums to the card, they would be appended to the end of the list and not kept in alphabetical order. It's nice that it now has a decent EQ and other sound tweaking options though I don't use any of them. The UI changes make a big difference though.post #23 of 13511/18/11 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by 7swell
I rockboxed my hm-601 about 2 weeks now and haven't run into any problems yet. The biggest change for me (also the reason why I took it down from the classifieds) is that it properly orders the tracks and browsing is much easier now. I used to browse by sd card because the browse by album/artist didn't work too well for me. However, the main issue was that as I added new albums to the card, they would be appended to the end of the list and not kept in alphabetical order. It's nice that it now has a decent EQ and other sound tweaking options though I don't use any of them. The UI changes make a big difference though.
How is battery life? Rockbox was usually more energy hungry.post #24 of 13511/23/11 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Not just the fact that rock box has one of the best EQ around, even rivaling cowons. But the device is much more responsive now with rockbox. It was slow to navigate with stock firmware. Overall besides the minor bugs its a huge improvement over fangs firmware. Looking forward to a complete release.
You read Mr. Fang, another more satisfied/happier customer with the Rockbox, although its way from stable, so what you think it will be like in with future updates , lend the programmer a hand , and give the customers and the Head-fiers who want to buy the 601/602 but are hesitant, an answer to their suffering with a much much better software, this makes no sense, everybody agrees that 601/602/801 is way better with Rockbox , but what do Mr. Fang thinks? Prove us wrong.post #25 of 13511/24/11 at 6:58amQuote:
That varies from device to device. It improves battery life with Sansa players, especially with FLAC playback.post #26 of 13512/1/11 at 11:03pm
Thank you so much guys. It took me a while but I was able to revert back to stock firmware. While I am looking forward to rockbox maturing. In the meantime I want to be able to fully use my Hifiman, including the internal memory. I think battery life was also shortened with rockbox as the software isn't able to fully detect how much capacity it has so it shuts off before the battery is drained. Still looking to a fully functional version as it will go back onto this player in a heart beat. Rockbox has made me inpatient lol at least with this device.
Edited by lee730 - 12/1/11 at 11:04pmpost #27 of 13512/1/11 at 11:36pmpost #28 of 13512/1/11 at 11:49pmQuote:
Are you serious? For me it does make a difference. Could be something up with your unit? Although I still prefer the rockbox EQ as it has a lot more tweaks to further refine the sound.post #29 of 13512/2/11 at 4:25amQuote:
Quite serious I guess, because I experience the same. When EQ is activated the sound gets brighter (no matter what I do), but apart from that it doesn't work.
post #30 of 13512/2/11 at 4:48amQuote:
Wow, you are right. I'm assuming this is due to rockbox?
- How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 21 seconds ago
- › Lightning LOD? 44 seconds ago
- › AKG K511 or K512 MKII? 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio XXS- Sale or trade for higher end Westone IEM cable. 2 minutes ago
- › Mouse -Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude