Yeah, guys! Follow the illustrated instructions of someone named makejoke, joined today and first posted here. I reported.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Complete HM801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 9:33am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601. - Page 2post #16 of 13511/15/11 at 8:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13511/15/11 at 8:37amQuote:
Except that he/she's perfectly accurate...post #18 of 13511/15/11 at 8:43ampost #19 of 13511/17/11 at 2:42am
I've tried the rockbox with HM-801 and I think it's really good, except the player is occasionally switched off by itself, which is pretty annoying for me. So I switch back to the original firmware for now...post #20 of 13511/17/11 at 3:52ampost #21 of 13511/18/11 at 4:23am
Glad to hear that you have managed it too. Sorry for being unreliable brought about my nickname. I'm really uncreative choosing a nick, so I took my name "Machwitz" and translated it, but making jokes in such serious situation would be misplaced. It's not the first time that I bricked a device with a an unstable firmware, so I was relieved to found a solution and registered to confirm the possibility in rolling back the original firmware.post #22 of 13511/18/11 at 6:54am
I rockboxed my hm-601 about 2 weeks now and haven't run into any problems yet. The biggest change for me (also the reason why I took it down from the classifieds) is that it properly orders the tracks and browsing is much easier now. I used to browse by sd card because the browse by album/artist didn't work too well for me. However, the main issue was that as I added new albums to the card, they would be appended to the end of the list and not kept in alphabetical order. It's nice that it now has a decent EQ and other sound tweaking options though I don't use any of them. The UI changes make a big difference though.post #23 of 13511/18/11 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by 7swell
I rockboxed my hm-601 about 2 weeks now and haven't run into any problems yet. The biggest change for me (also the reason why I took it down from the classifieds) is that it properly orders the tracks and browsing is much easier now. I used to browse by sd card because the browse by album/artist didn't work too well for me. However, the main issue was that as I added new albums to the card, they would be appended to the end of the list and not kept in alphabetical order. It's nice that it now has a decent EQ and other sound tweaking options though I don't use any of them. The UI changes make a big difference though.
How is battery life? Rockbox was usually more energy hungry.post #24 of 13511/23/11 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Not just the fact that rock box has one of the best EQ around, even rivaling cowons. But the device is much more responsive now with rockbox. It was slow to navigate with stock firmware. Overall besides the minor bugs its a huge improvement over fangs firmware. Looking forward to a complete release.
You read Mr. Fang, another more satisfied/happier customer with the Rockbox, although its way from stable, so what you think it will be like in with future updates , lend the programmer a hand , and give the customers and the Head-fiers who want to buy the 601/602 but are hesitant, an answer to their suffering with a much much better software, this makes no sense, everybody agrees that 601/602/801 is way better with Rockbox , but what do Mr. Fang thinks? Prove us wrong.post #25 of 13511/24/11 at 6:58amQuote:
That varies from device to device. It improves battery life with Sansa players, especially with FLAC playback.post #26 of 13512/1/11 at 11:03pm
Thank you so much guys. It took me a while but I was able to revert back to stock firmware. While I am looking forward to rockbox maturing. In the meantime I want to be able to fully use my Hifiman, including the internal memory. I think battery life was also shortened with rockbox as the software isn't able to fully detect how much capacity it has so it shuts off before the battery is drained. Still looking to a fully functional version as it will go back onto this player in a heart beat. Rockbox has made me inpatient lol at least with this device.
Edited by lee730 - 12/1/11 at 11:04pmpost #27 of 13512/1/11 at 11:36pmpost #28 of 13512/1/11 at 11:49pmQuote:
Are you serious? For me it does make a difference. Could be something up with your unit? Although I still prefer the rockbox EQ as it has a lot more tweaks to further refine the sound.post #29 of 13512/2/11 at 4:25amQuote:
Quite serious I guess, because I experience the same. When EQ is activated the sound gets brighter (no matter what I do), but apart from that it doesn't work.
post #30 of 13512/2/11 at 4:48amQuote:
Wow, you are right. I'm assuming this is due to rockbox?
- How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Any good quality USB sound cards to power DT 700 80s? 3 seconds ago
- › JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ 5 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 16 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 25 seconds ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 38 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › RSA SR-71B portable headphone amplifier, balanced input and output 2 minutes ago
- › Advice for Reterminating an IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob