Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:40am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Complete HM801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 9:33am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601. - Page 9post #121 of 1356/3/13 at 12:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1356/4/13 at 4:26ampost #123 of 1356/4/13 at 9:43ampost #124 of 1356/13/13 at 11:17pm
I tried to install Rockbox on my HM-801 and it locks up on the Rockbox intro. I get the message that it cannot open the base.rkw file. I am trying to get back to the stock firmware but don't have USB working anymore in the 801. I made it through bridging pins 5 & 6 until I heard Windows recognize it, then I removed the bridge. I opened the device Manager and scanned for new hardware. I found an unknown device and I figure that's the 801, but not sure. I am stuck because Windows cannot find a new driver (Windows 8) and the links here for the driver (rockusb27.cat?) have expired and I cannot find a driver. If someone could help me find a driver I could probably get it back up & running. Or if someone has another recommendation I would sure appreciate the help. I tried the recommendation by sup3r8 but that didn't work for me.post #125 of 1356/13/13 at 11:44pmFor RockBox to work you need to copy the base file to your SD card, where the audio files are. Try that first. When all is working you should be able to launch the stock firmware by pressing power + one more button after turning it off.
There is an original firmware at Head-Direct.com in the News. It is version 0.21.
After getting RockBox up and working this shouldn't be necessary since the later RB versions has dual boot as described.
However, if something went wrong then use the firmware at Head-Direct.post #126 of 1356/14/13 at 5:58am
Thank you. I had already tried that and placed the BASE.RKW in both the root directory of the SD card and the .rockbox folder. But you gave me an idea. My .rockbox folder was structured under Hifiman HM-801 folder as it was unzipped. I removed that folder and placed the .rockbox folder in the root directory of the SD card. Then I followed your instructions again and it booted up in Rockbox at first, then to the stock firmware just as you said it should. Since that worked so well I tried booting up in Rockbox mode by pressing only the power button. It does the same thing and boots up with the stock firmware. Something is still wrong with my Rockbox installation but now I have my 801 back and I will probably uninstall Rockbox unless I think of something else to try. Thank you for the help.post #127 of 1356/24/13 at 9:50am
Alright, after spending literally 8 hours trying to get rockbox going, I got met with ATA Error -4, but figured it out. If anyone needs help with setting up their rockbox, send me a message, I'll provide you with the folder that is pre-setup for your HM-601, all you need to do is put it onto the SD card of your choice, while having the rockboxd disk image on the internal storage of the 601.post #128 of 1358/6/13 at 6:30ampost #129 of 1358/6/13 at 6:55ampost #130 of 1358/6/13 at 7:07ampost #131 of 13510/28/13 at 6:47am
Anyways my hm801 is not rock boxed, but all usb connection just died on it :/ can't get it to connect to any kind of PC in either USB DAC mode or Data Exchange [both of which worked about an hour ago]
Edited by Mshenay - 10/28/13 at 6:55ampost #132 of 13510/28/13 at 8:00ampost #133 of 13510/28/13 at 10:10amQuote:
I have I just hope they get back to me. I did buy my hm801 second hand I think I might have the paper work around some where
I'm going to attempt to remove the battery if I can find itpost #134 of 1352/6/14 at 8:13pmI have a question I know this is a older post but I have a hm601 slim that has been rockboxd and has a white screen what is the method of going about Un installing rockbox and putting the original firmware back onto it.
I've read this post through and through but I can't really find a solid answer:mad:post #135 of 1352/7/14 at 9:35am
Did you check if there is a RockBox version for HM-601 Slim now?
If there is still no RB for it, then there is "bad and ugly" method to resort to.
Well, except for sending it to HiFiMan of course and pay them to fix it. This is the safest way - if only they will do it ...
- How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Recommendations for over ear headphones under $300 13 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms... 44 seconds ago
- › newb on the audiophile in Training circuit- need help, finding old... 53 seconds ago
- › Where do I go from the M100s? 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Blue Dragon 4-pin XLR balanced cable for HiFiMAN (5 ft) 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude