Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Complete HM801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 9:33am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Complete HM-801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 8:50am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601. - Page 9post #121 of 1336/3/13 at 12:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 1336/4/13 at 4:26ampost #123 of 1336/4/13 at 9:43ampost #124 of 1336/13/13 at 11:17pm
I tried to install Rockbox on my HM-801 and it locks up on the Rockbox intro. I get the message that it cannot open the base.rkw file. I am trying to get back to the stock firmware but don't have USB working anymore in the 801. I made it through bridging pins 5 & 6 until I heard Windows recognize it, then I removed the bridge. I opened the device Manager and scanned for new hardware. I found an unknown device and I figure that's the 801, but not sure. I am stuck because Windows cannot find a new driver (Windows 8) and the links here for the driver (rockusb27.cat?) have expired and I cannot find a driver. If someone could help me find a driver I could probably get it back up & running. Or if someone has another recommendation I would sure appreciate the help. I tried the recommendation by sup3r8 but that didn't work for me.post #125 of 1336/13/13 at 11:44pmFor RockBox to work you need to copy the base file to your SD card, where the audio files are. Try that first. When all is working you should be able to launch the stock firmware by pressing power + one more button after turning it off.
There is an original firmware at Head-Direct.com in the News. It is version 0.21.
After getting RockBox up and working this shouldn't be necessary since the later RB versions has dual boot as described.
However, if something went wrong then use the firmware at Head-Direct.post #126 of 1336/14/13 at 5:58am
Thank you. I had already tried that and placed the BASE.RKW in both the root directory of the SD card and the .rockbox folder. But you gave me an idea. My .rockbox folder was structured under Hifiman HM-801 folder as it was unzipped. I removed that folder and placed the .rockbox folder in the root directory of the SD card. Then I followed your instructions again and it booted up in Rockbox at first, then to the stock firmware just as you said it should. Since that worked so well I tried booting up in Rockbox mode by pressing only the power button. It does the same thing and boots up with the stock firmware. Something is still wrong with my Rockbox installation but now I have my 801 back and I will probably uninstall Rockbox unless I think of something else to try. Thank you for the help.post #127 of 1336/24/13 at 9:50am
Alright, after spending literally 8 hours trying to get rockbox going, I got met with ATA Error -4, but figured it out. If anyone needs help with setting up their rockbox, send me a message, I'll provide you with the folder that is pre-setup for your HM-601, all you need to do is put it onto the SD card of your choice, while having the rockboxd disk image on the internal storage of the 601.post #128 of 1338/6/13 at 6:30ampost #129 of 1338/6/13 at 6:55ampost #130 of 1338/6/13 at 7:07ampost #131 of 13310/28/13 at 6:47am
Anyways my hm801 is not rock boxed, but all usb connection just died on it :/ can't get it to connect to any kind of PC in either USB DAC mode or Data Exchange [both of which worked about an hour ago]
Edited by Mshenay - 10/28/13 at 6:55ampost #132 of 13310/28/13 at 8:00ampost #133 of 13310/28/13 at 10:10amQuote:
I have I just hope they get back to me. I did buy my hm801 second hand I think I might have the paper work around some where
I'm going to attempt to remove the battery if I can find it
- How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 38 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic t5p + hippo case 1 minute ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 4 minutes ago
- › Are you satisfied with a set of iems, portable, full size, or open?... 4 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe