Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Complete HM801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 9:33am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601. - Page 9post #121 of 1356/3/13 at 12:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1356/4/13 at 4:26ampost #123 of 1356/4/13 at 9:43ampost #124 of 1356/13/13 at 11:17pm
I tried to install Rockbox on my HM-801 and it locks up on the Rockbox intro. I get the message that it cannot open the base.rkw file. I am trying to get back to the stock firmware but don't have USB working anymore in the 801. I made it through bridging pins 5 & 6 until I heard Windows recognize it, then I removed the bridge. I opened the device Manager and scanned for new hardware. I found an unknown device and I figure that's the 801, but not sure. I am stuck because Windows cannot find a new driver (Windows 8) and the links here for the driver (rockusb27.cat?) have expired and I cannot find a driver. If someone could help me find a driver I could probably get it back up & running. Or if someone has another recommendation I would sure appreciate the help. I tried the recommendation by sup3r8 but that didn't work for me.post #125 of 1356/13/13 at 11:44pmFor RockBox to work you need to copy the base file to your SD card, where the audio files are. Try that first. When all is working you should be able to launch the stock firmware by pressing power + one more button after turning it off.
There is an original firmware at Head-Direct.com in the News. It is version 0.21.
After getting RockBox up and working this shouldn't be necessary since the later RB versions has dual boot as described.
However, if something went wrong then use the firmware at Head-Direct.post #126 of 1356/14/13 at 5:58am
Thank you. I had already tried that and placed the BASE.RKW in both the root directory of the SD card and the .rockbox folder. But you gave me an idea. My .rockbox folder was structured under Hifiman HM-801 folder as it was unzipped. I removed that folder and placed the .rockbox folder in the root directory of the SD card. Then I followed your instructions again and it booted up in Rockbox at first, then to the stock firmware just as you said it should. Since that worked so well I tried booting up in Rockbox mode by pressing only the power button. It does the same thing and boots up with the stock firmware. Something is still wrong with my Rockbox installation but now I have my 801 back and I will probably uninstall Rockbox unless I think of something else to try. Thank you for the help.post #127 of 1356/24/13 at 9:50am
Alright, after spending literally 8 hours trying to get rockbox going, I got met with ATA Error -4, but figured it out. If anyone needs help with setting up their rockbox, send me a message, I'll provide you with the folder that is pre-setup for your HM-601, all you need to do is put it onto the SD card of your choice, while having the rockboxd disk image on the internal storage of the 601.post #128 of 1358/6/13 at 6:30ampost #129 of 1358/6/13 at 6:55ampost #130 of 1358/6/13 at 7:07ampost #131 of 13510/28/13 at 6:47am
Anyways my hm801 is not rock boxed, but all usb connection just died on it :/ can't get it to connect to any kind of PC in either USB DAC mode or Data Exchange [both of which worked about an hour ago]
Edited by Mshenay - 10/28/13 at 6:55ampost #132 of 13510/28/13 at 8:00ampost #133 of 13510/28/13 at 10:10amQuote:
I have I just hope they get back to me. I did buy my hm801 second hand I think I might have the paper work around some where
I'm going to attempt to remove the battery if I can find itpost #134 of 1352/6/14 at 8:13pmI have a question I know this is a older post but I have a hm601 slim that has been rockboxd and has a white screen what is the method of going about Un installing rockbox and putting the original firmware back onto it.
I've read this post through and through but I can't really find a solid answer:mad:post #135 of 1352/7/14 at 9:35am
Did you check if there is a RockBox version for HM-601 Slim now?
If there is still no RB for it, then there is "bad and ugly" method to resort to.
Well, except for sending it to HiFiMan of course and pay them to fix it. This is the safest way - if only they will do it ...
- How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Should I buy this External Sound card or will I be wasting money? 4 seconds ago
- › HD600 7 seconds ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 22 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 28 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Clarity One EB110 Review 4 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Nocs NS500 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob