I have Sennhieser PC 360 and creative x-fi fatal1ty sound card. Have an odd problem with the mic. If you're not familiar with this headset it has one of those mics that come down and auto-mute when put up. The problem I have is when I have the mic plugged in, and the mic is up and in the muted position there is a hissing sound coming from the headphones. When I lower the mic for use the hissing goes away. When I mute the mic in the control panel the hissing goes away. When I unplug the mic the hissing goes away. I'm thinking something is defective and I'm tempted to start returning items here, but I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to go there.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Noob) Upgrading from Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset to Sony XB500 with onboard card. Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Painting my Sennheiser PC 360 Last post on 10/15/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377? Last post on 10/17/11 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged inpost #1 of 311/10/11 at 12:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/7/11 at 5:03am
Hi there. I am wondering if maybe the mechanism that is supposed to shut the mic off when in the "up" position is not being fully engaged, if at all. Maybe try putting the mic up a little quicker, or make sure it is up all the way...? Other than that, I would look into the card. It may have issues like this that others who have experience in this card can chime in and help out.
When you do get the issue resolved, please give us an update on what you tried, did, & didn't work for you. That way others will potentially benefit from your experience.
Thanks, and hope you get it worked out,
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 18 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 29 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 36 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 1 minute ago
- › New Stoner Acoustics Ruby Portable Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2