I have Sennhieser PC 360 and creative x-fi fatal1ty sound card. Have an odd problem with the mic. If you're not familiar with this headset it has one of those mics that come down and auto-mute when put up. The problem I have is when I have the mic plugged in, and the mic is up and in the muted position there is a hissing sound coming from the headphones. When I lower the mic for use the hissing goes away. When I mute the mic in the control panel the hissing goes away. When I unplug the mic the hissing goes away. I'm thinking something is defective and I'm tempted to start returning items here, but I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to go there.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Noob) Upgrading from Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset to Sony XB500 with onboard card. Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Painting my Sennheiser PC 360 Last post on 10/15/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377? Last post on 10/17/11 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged inpost #1 of 311/10/11 at 12:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/7/11 at 5:03am
Hi there. I am wondering if maybe the mechanism that is supposed to shut the mic off when in the "up" position is not being fully engaged, if at all. Maybe try putting the mic up a little quicker, or make sure it is up all the way...? Other than that, I would look into the card. It may have issues like this that others who have experience in this card can chime in and help out.
When you do get the issue resolved, please give us an update on what you tried, did, & didn't work for you. That way others will potentially benefit from your experience.
Thanks, and hope you get it worked out,
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 34 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 38 seconds ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 47 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 2 minutes ago
- › Desktop Stereo Hi-Fi Power Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On Ear - Ivory, Like New In Box! MINT 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)