I have Sennhieser PC 360 and creative x-fi fatal1ty sound card. Have an odd problem with the mic. If you're not familiar with this headset it has one of those mics that come down and auto-mute when put up. The problem I have is when I have the mic plugged in, and the mic is up and in the muted position there is a hissing sound coming from the headphones. When I lower the mic for use the hissing goes away. When I mute the mic in the control panel the hissing goes away. When I unplug the mic the hissing goes away. I'm thinking something is defective and I'm tempted to start returning items here, but I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to go there.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Noob) Upgrading from Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset to Sony XB500 with onboard card. Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Painting my Sennheiser PC 360 Last post on 10/15/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377? Last post on 10/17/11 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged inpost #1 of 311/10/11 at 12:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/7/11 at 5:03am
Hi there. I am wondering if maybe the mechanism that is supposed to shut the mic off when in the "up" position is not being fully engaged, if at all. Maybe try putting the mic up a little quicker, or make sure it is up all the way...? Other than that, I would look into the card. It may have issues like this that others who have experience in this card can chime in and help out.
When you do get the issue resolved, please give us an update on what you tried, did, & didn't work for you. That way others will potentially benefit from your experience.
Thanks, and hope you get it worked out,
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › Neutrality/Fidelity 48 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 53 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Absolute Phase: The Next Frontier (yeah right) 1 minute ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW - UK Engineered in-ears and over ear. Hello to one and all 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob