I have Sennhieser PC 360 and creative x-fi fatal1ty sound card. Have an odd problem with the mic. If you're not familiar with this headset it has one of those mics that come down and auto-mute when put up. The problem I have is when I have the mic plugged in, and the mic is up and in the muted position there is a hissing sound coming from the headphones. When I lower the mic for use the hissing goes away. When I mute the mic in the control panel the hissing goes away. When I unplug the mic the hissing goes away. I'm thinking something is defective and I'm tempted to start returning items here, but I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to go there.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Noob) Upgrading from Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset to Sony XB500 with onboard card. Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Painting my Sennheiser PC 360 Last post on 10/15/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377? Last post on 10/17/11 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged inpost #1 of 311/10/11 at 12:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/7/11 at 5:03am
Hi there. I am wondering if maybe the mechanism that is supposed to shut the mic off when in the "up" position is not being fully engaged, if at all. Maybe try putting the mic up a little quicker, or make sure it is up all the way...? Other than that, I would look into the card. It may have issues like this that others who have experience in this card can chime in and help out.
When you do get the issue resolved, please give us an update on what you tried, did, & didn't work for you. That way others will potentially benefit from your experience.
Thanks, and hope you get it worked out,
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › SR60-Mod part II 1 second ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 39 seconds ago
- › The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) 3 minutes ago
- › Razer Surround (7.1 virtualization software) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Future of Audiophile Audio 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi