I have Sennhieser PC 360 and creative x-fi fatal1ty sound card. Have an odd problem with the mic. If you're not familiar with this headset it has one of those mics that come down and auto-mute when put up. The problem I have is when I have the mic plugged in, and the mic is up and in the muted position there is a hissing sound coming from the headphones. When I lower the mic for use the hissing goes away. When I mute the mic in the control panel the hissing goes away. When I unplug the mic the hissing goes away. I'm thinking something is defective and I'm tempted to start returning items here, but I'm hoping someone can help me before I have to go there.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Noob) Upgrading from Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset to Sony XB500 with onboard card. Last post on 12/29/11 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Painting my Sennheiser PC 360 Last post on 10/15/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer Tiamat vs. Steelseries 7H vs. Gamecom 377? Last post on 10/17/11 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Is being a Jack of all trades and Master of none really a bad thing? Firstly thank you to RHA and Lin0003 for organizing the tour of the T10i as this was one IEM I was...
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged inpost #1 of 311/10/11 at 12:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/7/11 at 5:03am
Hi there. I am wondering if maybe the mechanism that is supposed to shut the mic off when in the "up" position is not being fully engaged, if at all. Maybe try putting the mic up a little quicker, or make sure it is up all the way...? Other than that, I would look into the card. It may have issues like this that others who have experience in this card can chime in and help out.
When you do get the issue resolved, please give us an update on what you tried, did, & didn't work for you. That way others will potentially benefit from your experience.
Thanks, and hope you get it worked out,
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Balancing Act Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by marmarama
- › RHA T10i by gikigill
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)