Well, is the newly released Fiio E6 able to juice the HD 598? I think it's possible given that the HD 598 has quite a low ohm.
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are there no video reviews about the fiio e6 on youtube Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD-598 Amp necessary? Last post on 9/7/15 at 7:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published on audioprimate.blog. Introduction I’m a regular watcher...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?post #1 of 511/10/11 at 7:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/10/11 at 8:13am
At 50 ohm impedance and 108 sensitivity, we'd only need like 1.5mW of power to get over 110 SPL. The E6 can output ~1.2-1.3v, which would result in 31.25 mW of power.
Basically, you'd have way more than enough power.post #3 of 511/10/11 at 8:30amQuote:
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.post #4 of 511/11/11 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.
Luckily, assuming the E6 has similar tech to the E5, the output impedance should be definitely low enough.
- Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 6 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 53 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear