Well, is the newly released Fiio E6 able to juice the HD 598? I think it's possible given that the HD 598 has quite a low ohm.
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are there no video reviews about the fiio e6 on youtube Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD-598 Amp necessary? Last post on 10/15/13 at 10:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?post #1 of 511/10/11 at 7:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/10/11 at 8:13am
At 50 ohm impedance and 108 sensitivity, we'd only need like 1.5mW of power to get over 110 SPL. The E6 can output ~1.2-1.3v, which would result in 31.25 mW of power.
Basically, you'd have way more than enough power.post #3 of 511/10/11 at 8:30amQuote:
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.post #4 of 511/11/11 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.
Luckily, assuming the E6 has similar tech to the E5, the output impedance should be definitely low enough.
- Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 23 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 28 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 earphones affected by humidity and moisture? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › First post and looking for advice 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 3 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)