Well, is the newly released Fiio E6 able to juice the HD 598? I think it's possible given that the HD 598 has quite a low ohm.
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are there no video reviews about the fiio e6 on youtube Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD-598 Amp necessary? Last post on 8/28/15 at 1:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?post #1 of 511/10/11 at 7:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/10/11 at 8:13am
At 50 ohm impedance and 108 sensitivity, we'd only need like 1.5mW of power to get over 110 SPL. The E6 can output ~1.2-1.3v, which would result in 31.25 mW of power.
Basically, you'd have way more than enough power.post #3 of 511/10/11 at 8:30amQuote:
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.post #4 of 511/11/11 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.
Luckily, assuming the E6 has similar tech to the E5, the output impedance should be definitely low enough.
- Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 5 minutes ago
- › New(?) Bose Soundtrue Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2