Well, is the newly released Fiio E6 able to juice the HD 598? I think it's possible given that the HD 598 has quite a low ohm.
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are there no video reviews about the fiio e6 on youtube Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD-598 Amp necessary? Last post on 10/15/13 at 10:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?post #1 of 511/10/11 at 7:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/10/11 at 8:13am
At 50 ohm impedance and 108 sensitivity, we'd only need like 1.5mW of power to get over 110 SPL. The E6 can output ~1.2-1.3v, which would result in 31.25 mW of power.
Basically, you'd have way more than enough power.post #3 of 511/10/11 at 8:30amQuote:
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.post #4 of 511/11/11 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.
Luckily, assuming the E6 has similar tech to the E5, the output impedance should be definitely low enough.
- Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 40 seconds ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 49 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Question about tube amps 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Beyer DT-880 vs Custom One Pro 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman poor ear pad design and poor customer service 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Original Ray Samuels RSA SR-71 amp with ALO iPod adapter. 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital