Well, is the newly released Fiio E6 able to juice the HD 598? I think it's possible given that the HD 598 has quite a low ohm.
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are there no video reviews about the fiio e6 on youtube Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD-598 Amp necessary? Last post on 9/7/15 at 7:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?post #1 of 511/10/11 at 7:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/10/11 at 8:13am
At 50 ohm impedance and 108 sensitivity, we'd only need like 1.5mW of power to get over 110 SPL. The E6 can output ~1.2-1.3v, which would result in 31.25 mW of power.
Basically, you'd have way more than enough power.post #3 of 511/10/11 at 8:30amQuote:
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.post #4 of 511/11/11 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
The sensitivity of 108 dB is for 1 Vrms, rather than 1 mW, but the 1.2-1.3V is probably enough anyway if you do not want very loud sound. For the HD598, it is important however that the source should have a low output resistance, since the headphones have a large resonant peak around 90 Hz (reaching almost 300 Ohm) in the impedance curve.
Luckily, assuming the E6 has similar tech to the E5, the output impedance should be definitely low enough.
- Is the Fiio E6 good enough for the HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 seconds ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 43 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD 3F 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-3F (Fazor) Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...