- 3,492 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Comfy & Unusual Suspects at $300 and Less Suggestions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Enter in Poll for your vote on my future headphones. Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be taking a look at the Sony AS800AP. When I saw first saw them and their Cadbury Mini Egg shape appear in Canadian outlets late in 2014, I knew I had...
Introduction Bluetooth audio has come a long way. It used to be the playground of niche audio brands like Jabra and Plantronics, but when the big boys like Sennheiser got into the mix, things got...
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCAN Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review? - Page 4post #46 of 5311/12/11 at 2:13pmI've had both the 840 and 940 and agree with the 3.5 at full retail. I paid much less than retail for a new pair so I think they have better value. Also, I modded mine to help out the mid bass hole the 940 has to help balance it out.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5311/28/11 at 12:52ampost #48 of 5311/28/11 at 3:56am
That's what I thought , their rating evolve with the feedback they get.
They are not reviewers after all, but sellers that try to please buyers.
post #49 of 5311/28/11 at 4:06amQuote:
So they don't base it off of anything but what reviews give it? That makes no sense when there was user reviews praising them before the 4/5 rating was put into effect.post #50 of 5311/28/11 at 4:27amQuote:
There was users bashing them too, no consensus reached yet. If they change constantly their rating it has no credibility. But their rating is here to tell buyers what to expect too, so it shouldn't be much different to what the majority think .
post #51 of 5311/28/11 at 4:45ampost #52 of 5311/28/11 at 7:10am
I'm not surprised. I was all on these until I actually heard them. The bass is weak yet the headphones do not offer the same kind of sound as the AKG K701/2 which redeems their practically non-existent bass with other benefits. High on the Shure SRH940 kind of sounded lifeless. Mids were okay - good. Bass is bleh. It doesn't isolate all too well. It basically does everything just okay. But for it's price, one can score a pair of AKGs instead that have quite some redeeming qualities.post #53 of 5312/4/11 at 6:25pm
when i first gotten the 940, it reminded me so much of the T5p...the clarity shines thru the 940.
I would not call the bass weak, u can hear the bass but u cant feeel the bass..as in a denon.
So in terms of value, measured against a T5p, its "value" is nearer the higher end of 5 to me. lolz
- Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 5 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 9 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 10 minutes ago
- › Xduoo Amplifiers 11 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 11 minutes ago
- › DIY Headphones - I need your opinion and advice on drivers. 13 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-AS800AP Splashproof Sporty In-Earphone - Black... by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by ezekiel77
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...