- 3,492 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Comfy & Unusual Suspects at $300 and Less Suggestions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Enter in Poll for your vote on my future headphones. Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review? - Page 4post #46 of 5311/12/11 at 2:13pmI've had both the 840 and 940 and agree with the 3.5 at full retail. I paid much less than retail for a new pair so I think they have better value. Also, I modded mine to help out the mid bass hole the 940 has to help balance it out.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5311/28/11 at 12:52ampost #48 of 5311/28/11 at 3:56am
That's what I thought , their rating evolve with the feedback they get.
They are not reviewers after all, but sellers that try to please buyers.
post #49 of 5311/28/11 at 4:06amQuote:
So they don't base it off of anything but what reviews give it? That makes no sense when there was user reviews praising them before the 4/5 rating was put into effect.post #50 of 5311/28/11 at 4:27amQuote:
There was users bashing them too, no consensus reached yet. If they change constantly their rating it has no credibility. But their rating is here to tell buyers what to expect too, so it shouldn't be much different to what the majority think .
post #51 of 5311/28/11 at 4:45ampost #52 of 5311/28/11 at 7:10am
I'm not surprised. I was all on these until I actually heard them. The bass is weak yet the headphones do not offer the same kind of sound as the AKG K701/2 which redeems their practically non-existent bass with other benefits. High on the Shure SRH940 kind of sounded lifeless. Mids were okay - good. Bass is bleh. It doesn't isolate all too well. It basically does everything just okay. But for it's price, one can score a pair of AKGs instead that have quite some redeeming qualities.post #53 of 5312/4/11 at 6:25pm
when i first gotten the 940, it reminded me so much of the T5p...the clarity shines thru the 940.
I would not call the bass weak, u can hear the bass but u cant feeel the bass..as in a denon.
So in terms of value, measured against a T5p, its "value" is nearer the higher end of 5 to me. lolz
- Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › AKG M220 semi-open studio headphones 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 7/7+ Compact External DAC/Amp Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Donguri 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...