- 3,492 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Comfy & Unusual Suspects at $300 and Less Suggestions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Enter in Poll for your vote on my future headphones. Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review? - Page 4post #46 of 5311/12/11 at 2:13pmI've had both the 840 and 940 and agree with the 3.5 at full retail. I paid much less than retail for a new pair so I think they have better value. Also, I modded mine to help out the mid bass hole the 940 has to help balance it out.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5311/28/11 at 12:52ampost #48 of 5311/28/11 at 3:56am
That's what I thought , their rating evolve with the feedback they get.
They are not reviewers after all, but sellers that try to please buyers.
post #49 of 5311/28/11 at 4:06amQuote:
So they don't base it off of anything but what reviews give it? That makes no sense when there was user reviews praising them before the 4/5 rating was put into effect.post #50 of 5311/28/11 at 4:27amQuote:
There was users bashing them too, no consensus reached yet. If they change constantly their rating it has no credibility. But their rating is here to tell buyers what to expect too, so it shouldn't be much different to what the majority think .
post #51 of 5311/28/11 at 4:45ampost #52 of 5311/28/11 at 7:10am
I'm not surprised. I was all on these until I actually heard them. The bass is weak yet the headphones do not offer the same kind of sound as the AKG K701/2 which redeems their practically non-existent bass with other benefits. High on the Shure SRH940 kind of sounded lifeless. Mids were okay - good. Bass is bleh. It doesn't isolate all too well. It basically does everything just okay. But for it's price, one can score a pair of AKGs instead that have quite some redeeming qualities.post #53 of 5312/4/11 at 6:25pm
when i first gotten the 940, it reminded me so much of the T5p...the clarity shines thru the 940.
I would not call the bass weak, u can hear the bass but u cant feeel the bass..as in a denon.
So in terms of value, measured against a T5p, its "value" is nearer the higher end of 5 to me. lolz
- Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › 2359glenn | studio 15 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 5 minutes ago
- › Objective 2 soldering recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...