- 3,492 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Comfy & Unusual Suspects at $300 and Less Suggestions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Enter in Poll for your vote on my future headphones. Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review? - Page 4post #46 of 5311/12/11 at 2:13pmI've had both the 840 and 940 and agree with the 3.5 at full retail. I paid much less than retail for a new pair so I think they have better value. Also, I modded mine to help out the mid bass hole the 940 has to help balance it out.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5311/28/11 at 12:52ampost #48 of 5311/28/11 at 3:56am
That's what I thought , their rating evolve with the feedback they get.
They are not reviewers after all, but sellers that try to please buyers.
post #49 of 5311/28/11 at 4:06amQuote:
So they don't base it off of anything but what reviews give it? That makes no sense when there was user reviews praising them before the 4/5 rating was put into effect.post #50 of 5311/28/11 at 4:27amQuote:
There was users bashing them too, no consensus reached yet. If they change constantly their rating it has no credibility. But their rating is here to tell buyers what to expect too, so it shouldn't be much different to what the majority think .
post #51 of 5311/28/11 at 4:45ampost #52 of 5311/28/11 at 7:10am
I'm not surprised. I was all on these until I actually heard them. The bass is weak yet the headphones do not offer the same kind of sound as the AKG K701/2 which redeems their practically non-existent bass with other benefits. High on the Shure SRH940 kind of sounded lifeless. Mids were okay - good. Bass is bleh. It doesn't isolate all too well. It basically does everything just okay. But for it's price, one can score a pair of AKGs instead that have quite some redeeming qualities.post #53 of 5312/4/11 at 6:25pm
when i first gotten the 940, it reminded me so much of the T5p...the clarity shines thru the 940.
I would not call the bass weak, u can hear the bass but u cant feeel the bass..as in a denon.
So in terms of value, measured against a T5p, its "value" is nearer the higher end of 5 to me. lolz
- Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › AKG's new K872? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › need a good aux cable 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse