- 3,491 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Comfy & Unusual Suspects at $300 and Less Suggestions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Enter in Poll for your vote on my future headphones. Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review? - Page 4post #46 of 5311/12/11 at 2:13pmI've had both the 840 and 940 and agree with the 3.5 at full retail. I paid much less than retail for a new pair so I think they have better value. Also, I modded mine to help out the mid bass hole the 940 has to help balance it out.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5311/28/11 at 12:52ampost #48 of 5311/28/11 at 3:56am
That's what I thought , their rating evolve with the feedback they get.
They are not reviewers after all, but sellers that try to please buyers.
post #49 of 5311/28/11 at 4:06amQuote:
So they don't base it off of anything but what reviews give it? That makes no sense when there was user reviews praising them before the 4/5 rating was put into effect.post #50 of 5311/28/11 at 4:27amQuote:
There was users bashing them too, no consensus reached yet. If they change constantly their rating it has no credibility. But their rating is here to tell buyers what to expect too, so it shouldn't be much different to what the majority think .
post #51 of 5311/28/11 at 4:45ampost #52 of 5311/28/11 at 7:10am
I'm not surprised. I was all on these until I actually heard them. The bass is weak yet the headphones do not offer the same kind of sound as the AKG K701/2 which redeems their practically non-existent bass with other benefits. High on the Shure SRH940 kind of sounded lifeless. Mids were okay - good. Bass is bleh. It doesn't isolate all too well. It basically does everything just okay. But for it's price, one can score a pair of AKGs instead that have quite some redeeming qualities.post #53 of 5312/4/11 at 6:25pm
when i first gotten the 940, it reminded me so much of the T5p...the clarity shines thru the 940.
I would not call the bass weak, u can hear the bass but u cant feeel the bass..as in a denon.
So in terms of value, measured against a T5p, its "value" is nearer the higher end of 5 to me. lolz
- Shure SRH940 only given 3.5 stars in HeadRoom review?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Stuck in my search for the "One to rule them all" 35 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3