Are the Sony MDR-Z1000 ear pads different in either quality or texture than the MDR-7520 or MDR-7510? Anyone have both pairs to compare and contrast?
Related Forum Threads
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone own both D2000 AND M-80 ??? Last post on 8/25/12 at 5:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultra portable setup with full size Headphones.....? Last post on 6/1/12 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed ear for classical, electronic, heavy metal via iPod, $500 including amp Last post on 2/10/12 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Are the earpads different on the Sony MDR-Z1000 than the 7520/7510?post #1 of 411/10/11 at 4:06amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/10/11 at 5:19am
The Z1000 and 7520 are the same pads - sony code 428314701, the zx700 / 7510 are the same.
Both are very comfy, the zx700's are nice and soft but less padded than the z1000's, which are slightly deeper.post #3 of 44/9/12 at 9:36pmpost #4 of 41/26/14 at 4:49am
I am trying to find Z1000 pads but to go onto my 7520 cans as the lower profile on the 7520 pads makes my ears rub on the grille guard.
Any one know where to get genuine Sony pads from? .....as Sony parts suppliers which is not Sony direct in UK do not seem to have them and everywhere else seems to be non existence with supplying these, even on eBay.
- Are the earpads different on the Sony MDR-Z1000 than the 7520/7510?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › [REVIEW] Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Sennheiser Amperior: Comparison... 23 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Improving on my headphone rig... 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)