- 404 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productJH Audio JH-3A DSP Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PHCHROME Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Phantom Chrome)tagged by System, 11/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Sennheiser RS 220 - Not in stock anywhere Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- PRICE DROP High End gear- JH Audio JH-3a/ Wavelength Audio Wavelink HS Spdif Converter/... Last post on 11/5/13 at 4:11pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- JH3A coax cable and adapter, Hiface Two Last post on 10/29/13 at 3:16am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- JH Audio JH-3A DSP Amp with JH16 Pro Custom IEM Last post on 10/28/13 at 9:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Wireless)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
CanJam @ RMAF 2011: Show Highlights (part 1 of 2) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 014 - Page 2post #16 of 4911/10/11 at 8:37pmThanks Jude! You didn't mention what the LCD3 was connected to, but I agree on the bass level.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 4911/11/11 at 12:38ampost #18 of 4911/11/11 at 12:43ampost #19 of 4911/11/11 at 5:07pmpost #20 of 4911/13/11 at 6:00pmpost #21 of 4911/13/11 at 7:09pmpost #22 of 4911/15/11 at 1:53pm
So in order to swap the JH16 between the JH-3A and lets say an iphone for lighter use, is done by just swapping the cable it self or an simple adapter?
When able to use the JH16 solo when needed this suddenly becomes alot more attractive.post #23 of 4911/15/11 at 3:54pm
Adapter.post #24 of 4911/16/11 at 2:06pmpost #25 of 4911/17/11 at 8:20pmpost #26 of 4911/17/11 at 9:23pm
It would be great if we could have an additional non-Youtube posting of this review for those of us in China. I always enjoy Jude's commentaries and it is frustrating waiting to go overseas to catch up. (And there may be others that don't even have that opportunity.)post #27 of 4911/17/11 at 9:33pmThread StarterQuote:
These videos are also now available on iTunes. Would that be accessible from there?post #28 of 4911/17/11 at 11:55pmpost #29 of 4911/18/11 at 7:10am
I'm driving the HE-6 out of a Lyr. It's enough power, though it has a bit less headroom than a speaker amp. It's hard to do better with a headphone amp at the price point, though you could probably find a vintage speaker amp.post #30 of 4911/18/11 at 2:22pm
Best Head-Fi TV episode yet. I loved the clear no-nonsense declarations on best-in-show in the various categories. Most informative.
Man, does that SR-009 + Blue Hawaii make me drool.
- CanJam @ RMAF 2011: Show Highlights (part 1 of 2) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 014
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › Does IEM Exit Hole Diameter Affect SQ? 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 51 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard Headphones Amplifier MINT (PRICE DROP 2) or trade for... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 5 minutes ago
- › FS: LIttle Dot MKIII 5 minutes ago
- › Used Schiit Asgard 1 in very good condition 6 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi