Name Your Best Audio Decisions For 2011 - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Great sounding, comfortable, reasonable price”“Great sound, Looks like a piece of art, Great soundstage”
- Pros:“Warm sound signature, detailed, non-fatiguing”“Richly detailed, supremely textured, natural sound that is smooth, effortless and relaxing to listen to. A forgiving allrounder with superb comfort.”
- Pros:“Clear mids, bass reproduction, good separation, neutral, build quality, Changeable cable, reshell worthy”“beefy bass, gorgeous highs, transparency, soundstage”
Best buy this year:
3.) W4S DAC-2
Best tweak this year:
1.) Tubes for my WA22: Shuguang Treasure CD-181Z, 5692 brown base Sylvanias.
Best value this year:
1.) Hard to say...I find everything too expensive nowadays.
Purchased in May, I'm still tickled by my W4S purchase - HUGE bang for the buck!
Life is good in The Pacific, I see...
I prefer it to the almost 2x Bryston BDA DAC that I had on loan over a weekend. One great DAC the W4S DAC-2.
- 1,536 Posts. Joined 7/2009
- Location: Omaha, Ne
- Select All Posts By This User
1) Audio-GD C-2C
2) Sennheiser HD650 (C-2C comes first just because it was required)
3) Audio-GD NFB-2
1) Every time I try to tweak something it's good for a while, but eventually stops sounding good. The best tweak for me has been to just leave it alone and listen to music instead of fighting myself.
My Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. Got 'em for 130 and they're GREAT near field speakers. When I need to share or don't want to listen on headphones, they're amazing.
By far and away...
Best New Music Discovery:
Honestly can't think of any. This year I've really only been pursuing my favorite artists a bit deeper.