Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Name Your Best Audio Decisions For 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Name Your Best Audio Decisions For 2011 - Page 9

post #121 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt View Post


confused.gif

 



wrong thread meant to post in t50rp thead 

post #122 of 139
Thread Starter 

Thanks SkinnyPuppy, this helps... dt880smile.png

post #123 of 139

Here's mine:

 

Best buy this year:

1.)  CD-3

2.) WA22

3.) W4S DAC-2

 

Best tweak this year:

1.)  Tubes for my WA22: Shuguang Treasure CD-181Z, 5692 brown base Sylvanias.

 

Best value this year:

1.) Hard to say...I find everything too expensive nowadays.

post #124 of 139

Now that I have about 100 hr on my HD800, a revision is probably in order.

 

Best buy:

- 2011 MBP

- jkeny MK3

- Anedio D-1

- Headamp GS-1

- HD800

 

 

Best tweak:

- 2005 Grover Ultimate Reference IC ( for $40.)

 

 

 

post #125 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Here's mine:

 

Best buy this year:

1.)  CD-3

2.) WA22

3.) W4S DAC-2

 

Best tweak this year:

1.)  Tubes for my WA22: Shuguang Treasure CD-181Z, 5692 brown base Sylvanias.

 

Best value this year:

1.) Hard to say...I find everything too expensive nowadays.



Purchased in May, I'm still tickled by my W4S purchase - HUGE bang for the buck!  wink.gif

post #126 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

Now that I have about 100 hr on my HD800, a revision is probably in order.

 

Best buy:

- 2011 MBP

- jkeny MK3

- Anedio D-1

- Headamp GS-1

- HD800

 

 

Best tweak:

- 2005 Grover Ultimate Reference IC ( for $40.)

 

 

 



Life is good in The Pacific, I see...

beerchug.gif

post #127 of 139

Tolerable....;)

post #128 of 139

My best audio decisions was to make music the priority, to trust my own ears, not be swayed by the crowd and to ignore the haters.

post #129 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post



Purchased in May, I'm still tickled by my W4S purchase - HUGE bang for the buck!  wink.gif


 

I prefer it to the almost 2x Bryston BDA DAC that I had on loan over a weekend. One great DAC the W4S DAC-2.

post #130 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


 

I prefer it to the almost 2x Bryston BDA DAC that I had on loan over a weekend. One great DAC the W4S DAC-2.



Still can't help but think... it looks like a shoe box. rolleyes.gif

post #131 of 139

 

 

Best Buy:

1) Audio-GD C-2C

2) Sennheiser HD650 (C-2C comes first just because it was required)

3) Audio-GD NFB-2

 

Best Tweak: 

1) Every time I try to tweak something it's good for a while, but eventually stops sounding good. The best tweak for me has been to just leave it alone and listen to music instead of fighting myself.

 

Best Value:

My Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. Got 'em for 130 and they're GREAT near field speakers. When I need to share or don't want to listen on headphones, they're amazing.

 

Best Thread:

By far and away...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/571326/meet-typical-headfier-andy

 

Best New Music Discovery: 

Honestly can't think of any. This year I've really only been pursuing my favorite artists a bit deeper. 

post #132 of 139

Searching the forums for tf10s!!!

post #133 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post

My best audio decisions was to make music the priority, to trust my own ears, not be swayed by the crowd and to ignore the haters.



I'm with MrQ on this stance!

beerchug.gif

post #134 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel911 View Post

Searching the forums for tf10s!!!



A head-fier with focus! Hope you find what you're looking for...


Edited by Silent One - 12/2/11 at 11:26pm
post #135 of 139

Pretty happy with my Leckerton uha-6s purchase. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Name Your Best Audio Decisions For 2011