A really deep but not overwhehlming one
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSonic GR07: Exquisitely Balanced Last post on 9/8/11 at 4:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HF5 vs R50 vs GR07 Last post on 2/5/13 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
GR07 - Tips Thread - Page 7post #91 of 3455/26/12 at 6:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 3455/30/12 at 12:23pmpost #93 of 3456/10/12 at 8:19pmpost #94 of 3456/29/12 at 1:54am
The largest ones seems to fit me the best, the purple and light blue/green (can't tell), which seem to be the same. The ones with foam inside and the grey ones definitely don't sound as clear. I press the tips all the way down onto the piece.
I press on the corner, marked 1, to get the best insertion. But, if I press the back, marked 2, so they angle a bit or just on the center so they're inserted 1-4 mm more there's a clear difference in sound quality. It feels much more intimate and deep, maybe in part due to reduced outside noise. When I don't press on them, it sounds more distant and less detailed. Try this yourself, if you haven't.
I'm not sure if it's because it causes the tips to have a better seal, it moves the tip a bit back over the microphone (probably not), or if it just puts it in an optimal position. Are there optimal insertion depths, regardless of seal (outside noise reduction) or whatever else may effect it? Like, a difference of a few millimeters? If i push them in a bit farther than that I stop hearing anything or it's very muffled.
Any recommendation for tips for someone that prefers an analytical sound? I like my music to sound very clear, the way it was intended. I want something with good noise reduction that stays put when you push them any amount.post #95 of 3457/20/12 at 1:59pmpost #96 of 3457/27/12 at 6:29am
I got the GR06 recently in my quest for my ideal IEMs for use only with iphone/ipod and carry them always "on the go".
I'm having a hard time finding the ideal ear tips for them, I guess due to the square shape of the earpieces, the nozzles cannot go inside enough.
Lemme elaborate a little:
I have had the ER6i for several years but rarely used them apart from long train/plane trips. They weren't ideal (for me) for several reasons: they doesn't sound great directly from an ipod/iphone, and the tips I end up using (the foams) though giving me tons of isolation (a thing I don't like) were uncomfortable, so I never got used to them.
I found that even having several DACs, DIY amps, K701 etc I end up using (and enjoying) the stock earbuds the most, when walking the dogs, late at night, when cycling, etc... I also found the in-cable volume play/pause/forward control so convenient that now is a must for me.
So I decided to give IEMs another try without breaking the bank; the fact is stock apple earbuds with an iphone can sound amazingly well if you reposition them to your earcanal ideal position, it uses to be an awkward one, and they don't hold very well, moving, not being comfortable etc, but they can sound great for what they are. So my reasoning was there should be IEMs out there that:
1 - Didn't cost a ton
2 - I didn't mind re-cabling with stock iphone earbuds cable w/ controls (read the previous one)
3 - sound reasonably well directly from an iphone, w/o being overly analytic: i.e. being gentle with not so great eq'd/mixed/produced music.
4 - don't isolate you completely from the real world, while having good sound, bass, etc.
5 - are comfortable, don't move, etc
My first try to see what kind of SQ/comfort I could expect were jays a-three. They sounded OK, though not detailed and didn't like its bass; but microphonics and cable weight were horrible, making them only suitable for not-moving use. I used the medium tips.
Then I tried a pair of Senheisser CX300 II, this time I did the re-cabling. Used the medium tips. They sound so-so, I wanted more detail, more controlled bass, etc.They fullfilled however all points but #3.
Now I got Vsonic GR06. I tried them w/o recabling them, they fullfill all points, I used the stock tips and found them small. Then the medium (blue sony hybrid knock-offs), then ones similar to the stock in shape (more conical) but bigger.
However they don't keep its position, moving easily and gradually-completely losing isolation. I think maybe the nozzles are short and somehow the square earpiece shape prevent them to enter completely in the ear canal.
I have however very little experience with IEMs so would be of great help if fellow headfi'ers can guide me. I read this thread and the appreciation one, googled, etc.
BTW, Bukujutsu, your post was very helpful!
I'd prefer either hybrid or silicone tips, I don't like to be absolutely isolated with foam tips.
cheers!!post #97 of 3457/28/12 at 12:19ampost #98 of 3457/28/12 at 2:31amQuote:
Although there's a lot of tips in the package they're mostly the same hybrid in several different sizes either with or without foam inside them. Apart from 1x comply foam 1x double flange (none of which fitted my ear) they're all basically the same tip. It looks like a lot but considering only one of those hybrid sizes fit your ear perfectly.....really only leaves you with three tip styles.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/28/12 at 2:36ampost #99 of 3457/28/12 at 4:52ampost #100 of 3457/30/12 at 11:21am
My comply T400 that I ordered do not fit the GR07. Not really happy about that since on these forums it has been said that they do!
Also, I just go some real sony hybrids and I get an excellent seal compared to stock and they fit the nozzle much better than the stock hybrids.post #101 of 3457/31/12 at 9:55pmpost #102 of 3457/31/12 at 10:25pm
I think this thread may be better suited for your question. But as a preface, you may need to be a bit more descriptive describing what you are looking for. There are many equally good but different IEM's at similar prices.post #103 of 3457/31/12 at 10:27pmpost #104 of 3458/3/12 at 4:53am
If the Meelectronics tips fit perfect on GR 07, then its awesome. I tried hybrid, some foam, and many double, single flanges but the triple flanges of MEEs were too awesome(never tried comply foam though). It was isolating like anything on my previous Meelectronics M6 and it was very comfortable wearing them for longer periods.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR07 - Tips Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 seconds ago
- › New headphones recommendations for a starter 22 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs. HD650 (new and old) -- Comparison for those in... 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 2 minutes ago
- › Best speakers under 300€? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear