I have the clear meelec m6 and cc51, (both with clear tips) and my ears have itched from them, too. Strange..haha I also had a problem with driver flex on the left side of both sets. Solved the problem by using foam tips.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSonic GR07: Exquisitely Balanced Last post on 9/8/11 at 4:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HF5 vs R50 vs GR07 Last post on 2/5/13 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
GR07 - Tips Thread - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 3455/19/12 at 2:35ampost #78 of 3455/19/12 at 12:27pm
Today I tried the oval silicon tips from the Klipsch S4 that I've seen recommended. The fit (for me) is stunningly perfect, however the sound quality is sub-optimal. The bass becomes muddy and boomy, and there is a loss of highs. I presume this is due to the smaller bore in these compared with included Sony knockoffs. I'm still getting superlative sound with the included large black Sony hybrid knockoff -- but I'm still poking around to see if I can find something with better isolation, and I may not. I've tried the Shure Olives, but foam and I don't seem to get along. I can never seem to get a good seal.
post #79 of 3455/19/12 at 1:03pmpost #80 of 3455/19/12 at 1:14pmQuote:
Yep .... doesn't sound like brain science or rocket surgery .....post #81 of 3455/19/12 at 5:59pmpost #82 of 3455/20/12 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by eke2k6
I used to like the Jays, but now the large triple flange tips from the Meelec M6 set are king. The have the clarity of the Jays tips, yet add depth and a tiny bit of power to the sound. Maybe it's the ear rape from having those things shoved in, but I like them far more than any tip I've tried. They're almost like a combination of the Jays tips and the Hifiman biflanges.
You can get a 3 pack for $5 here: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Triple_flange_Eartips_p/tipset3-tf35l-mrg-bk.htm
When I initially tried them I hated the Meelec's.
Today I performed an experiment with the UE Single Flange, Sony Hybrids, and the Meelec M6. For some reason the Meelec's fit better but I had to push the Stem over the Back Flange of the GR07 since I pulled them out once and one stuck in my ear.
I like them now but I also like the UE's and the Sony Hybrids so I will keep a stash close by.post #83 of 3455/24/12 at 3:18pmI'm using the stock foam tips now, but it seems that if I insert the whole thing it blocks of the sound, so I only inset a partial of it. I tried the Meelec bi-flanges but they to come of when you pull the IEM out of the ear. The foam one really increases the bass(apparently). So right now I'm kinda stuck over which tips I should getpost #84 of 3455/24/12 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gryphus0204
I'm using the stock foam tips now, but it seems that if I insert the whole thing it blocks of the sound, so I only inset a partial of it. I tried the Meelec bi-flanges but they to come of when you pull the IEM out of the ear. The foam one really increases the bass(apparently). So right now I'm kinda stuck over which tips I should get
Miles Davis Tributes are like that. Meaning that it needs slight amount of insertion; enough to grab and seal. More than that, and you get what you described. I recently got some ear drop stuff from Westone to try with IEM's, figuring it would help with insertion and help create a seal. Haven't felt the need for it as yet, but might try it eventually. For GR07, I am using the silicones with a foam inside. Are those Sony hybrids? They came with the GR07.post #85 of 3455/24/12 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by FieldingMellish
Miles Davis Tributes are like that. Meaning that it needs slight amount of insertion; enough to grab and seal. More than that, and you get what you described. I recently got some ear drop stuff from Westone to try with IEM's, figuring it would help with insertion and help create a seal. Haven't felt the need for it as yet, but might try it eventually. For GR07, I am using the silicones with a foam inside. Are those Sony hybrids? They came with the GR07.
^ Same with Turbines " It's something to do with Monsters tip design.post #86 of 3455/25/12 at 12:23ampost #87 of 3455/25/12 at 3:15ampost #88 of 3455/25/12 at 3:27amQuote:
Normal Silicone ones. Then when we say Hybrid Clones we mean copy's like these.
http://shop.ebay.com.au/15shopgoods/m.html?_nkw=EP-Ex10A&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_sop=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0post #89 of 3455/25/12 at 4:34ampost #90 of 3455/25/12 at 5:41amQuote:
What levels of bass are you looking for?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR07 - Tips Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 56 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The custom art Harmony 8.2 European demo tour 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO K1--smaller and better for less 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear