New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GR07 - Tips Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 233

After trying all the tips my GR07 came with, I think I've landed on the double flanges as the best fit for me. Those and the blue hybrids with foam inside. 

post #107 of 233

Whats your opinion on the sound with double flanges? I have an opinion but I don't want to influence your answer.

post #108 of 233

as compared to what?

post #109 of 233
Compared to hybrids
post #110 of 233

I'm not enough of a seasoned audiophile yet to give a detailed analysis, but I think the double flanges are a little less bassy yet provide a bit more clarity. I like the way both of them sound, and I've been having a hard time choosing between them because they're so similar.

post #111 of 233

I got the triple flanges of MEElectronics S6 for 3$ ordered for my friends GR 07 and they fit good with perfect isolation and bass seems to have improved a lot. I tried sony hybrids, it was comfortable but not very good isolating and shure triple flanges which didnt fit GR07 right and stem was a bit uncomfortable , but the triple flanges of MEELEC seems to bring the best sound out of GR 07 for me!

 

This is where I bought them btw:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1e710952c1

 

I will try to order the double flanges of the same, since these seem to fit perfect in my ear!


Edited by hitme987 - 8/10/12 at 2:32am
post #112 of 233

I'm stuck on the large vs. small meelec triple flanges...  Am I correctly understanding everyone is using the larger size with the GR07's?

 

Does anyone know which size came with the A151's?
 

Thanks!

post #113 of 233

large comes with the a151

post #114 of 233

Have anyone found any foamies that work with the GR07? The ones that came with it are great, but wear out easily..

post #115 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThor View Post

Have anyone found any foamies that work with the GR07? The ones that came with it are great, but wear out easily..

There's a solution doing a slight mod. First you need these tips but they won't fit on directly, because the inner hole is too big. But! What you do is take a pair of GRO7 tips you don't use (say SS) then cut the inner core off pushing it on the GRO7 nozzel first. After doing so, those tips (and others) fit straight on. Imagine it like a sleeve.

(make sure you cut the inner core short enough so it goes below the nozzels mesh as to not effect the sound)

Those tips are very cheap and inexpensive, we have had reports from members they work well and maintain high levels of comfort.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 8/22/12 at 3:14am
post #116 of 233

Hi guys,

 

I just got my GR07s last week, and I've been very impressed with the sound - I'm pretty sure I like it more than any other earphone I've heard.  I get a very comfortable fit and great sound with the stock conical tips - but I get very poor isolation.  What tips would be recommended that would block out outside noise better?  I've tried the Meelec tri-flanges before on another earphone and found them much too big for my ears, so I can't use those.  Has anyone gotten custom tips made for the GR07s?

 

Thanks!

post #117 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


There's a solution doing a slight mod. First you need these tips but they won't fit on directly, because the inner hole is too big. But! What you do is take a pair of GRO7 tips you don't use (say SS) then cut the inner core off pushing it on the GRO7 nozzel first. After doing so, those tips (and others) fit straight on. Imagine it like a sleeve.
(make sure you cut the inner core short enough so it goes below the nozzels mesh as to not effect the sound)
Those tips are very cheap and inexpensive, we have had reports from members they work well and maintain high levels of comfort.

 

 

I can confirm this mod works very well and the foam tips are very comfortable! I'm currently using my GR07 like this... wink.gif

post #118 of 233

I see a lot of people refer to "Jays" or "Monsters" it would be really helpful if you wrote the full product name or included a link to Amazon or eBay. :) 

 

Thanks!

post #119 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThor View Post

I see a lot of people refer to "Jays" or "Monsters" it would be really helpful if you wrote the full product name or included a link to Amazon or eBay. :) 

 

Thanks!

 

 

You should try the method described above... I have Jays Foams for the GR07, and I don't use them right now. With that mod, you can have cheap memory foams tips that work great with the GR07! wink.gif

post #120 of 233
People looking for a large bore silicon to fit GR07 these tips work / fit with no mod. They seems to open up left / right depth with slightly more air, they also seem to decompress the sound from stock GR07 tips. Personally I didn't like what they did, though others may. The best thing is they fit on GR07's stem no problems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPLACEMENT-SILICONE-EARPHONE-TIPS-EARBUDS-X-12-S-M-L-SONY-Sennheiser-Creative-/120774204894?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c1eb41dde
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: