If you just need one adapter for the input tube let me know, I've got a spare for my BA that I never use.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 11/15/12 at 11:54pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ECC32 Tube Addicts Last post on 6/17/12 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recommendations: Tube amp for HD800, <$2,000? Last post on 9/18/12 at 3:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 - Page 27post #391 of 40011/1/12 at 12:51pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #392 of 40011/1/12 at 1:01pmpost #393 of 40011/1/12 at 1:04pmpost #394 of 40011/1/12 at 3:57pm
Regarding this transformer noise, after corresponding with Craig he basically recommended that I shim the transformer (in more confusing terminology). The clamps holding the transformers in place are held in place with glue so tightening the worm clamp won't really work.Quote:The clamp that goes around the power transformer to hold the cores tight can come loose in shipping. You need to tighten up the clamp, you can use a small wooded wedge, or small screw driver blade between the clam, and transformer core. You can’t tighten the clamp with it’s screw because it is glued with varnish. To access the transformer remove the side covers, they only go back on in one direction. Then remove the three sets of wires going to the circuit board on the amps right side. Next take out the four top screws and set the top on the left side of the amp. This will fully expose the power transformer. Pound a small screw driver in as a wedge, or find a piece of hard wood. Be sure to plug the three sets of color coded wires back on the proper connectors. You can test your repair before putting the side covers back on by powering the amp up to see if the transformer is quiet.
So this is what I did; went to local hardware store and purchased some shims for $1.50, cut off a few inches from the tip of one shim, knocked it in between the worm clamp and metal plate on one side of the main power transformer at the back of the amp. To get there you have to remove the sides and top of the amp. By hand you can remove the three upside down lines on the right side of the amp's pcb and then tuck the front panel to the left (or vice-versa). I was quite surprised at how much it dampened the noise, the clamps even appeared very tight from the start from visual inspection.
I think Patrick82 would be proud of the audiophile quality wood wedge I used.
Edited by Mr.Sneis - 11/1/12 at 4:02pmpost #395 of 40011/1/12 at 4:03pmThread Starterpost #396 of 40011/1/12 at 4:14pmpost #397 of 40012/23/12 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by audiosceptic
I bought a BA from Craig in June of 2010 with the PX4/300B setup and a RK50 volume pot. When I first received it the volume control was messed up and I had a bad hum on one channel. I sent it back to Craig and he repaired it stating that a wire had come loose. In June of this year my BA developed a problem with the Line\Can selector switch where the right channel went out whenever you moved the selector switch. Eventually the right channel went out altogether. I sent the BA back to Craig a second time and decided to sell it.
While I thought the BA sounded great I was disappointed with the repairs needed and lost confidence in the reliability of the product.
Just my experience since you stated you wanted to hear from others.
Usually the units sent for test are built with extra care. The manufacturer might just get sloppy afterwards. It is a bit disappointed to see that there is almost no response to audiosceptic's post. Anyway, Mr. Uthus may want to pay more attention on quality control.
Edited by econparanoia - 12/23/12 at 6:27ampost #398 of 40012/23/12 at 6:56am
Mr. Uthus changed some things since 2010 - to my understanding the wiring is not being done by the same people and issues are few and far between. Craig always fixes these things for free if theres a problem (not stemming from negligence.)post #399 of 40012/23/12 at 10:09amThread Starter
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 8 seconds ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 36 seconds ago
- › Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please) 2 minutes ago
- › Copper, mud, potato, banana. Can you tell the difference? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 2 minutes ago
- › Is there a beginners sticky about headphone amps and DACs? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 3 minutes ago
- › hisound n1 and n3 both new in box PRICE DROP 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe