or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ZO2 Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZO2 Impression Thread - Page 54

post #796 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post


No clue man, just wondering in terms of shipping and why it would cost a lot to do



 


I'm going to assume you just didn't know that Oz meant Australia (because you say Aussie the same as you would say Ozzy), and not that you actually don't know where Australia is :)

 

post #797 of 1126

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasan View Post

How well do you reckon a ZO would drive a K701 or DT880/250? I plan to use the V2 I'm getting with one of the two.


MizMoxie said they tested DT880. 250 ohm or so is probably whereabouts the limit goes depending on sensitivity.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMoxie View Post


As a matter of fact, we tested ZO2 rev3 yesterday with the DT 880s (which are 250ohm). It definitely powered them with the ZO in high gain mode, and the iPod classic's volume at about 85%. It wasn't an ear-splitting or deafening volume, but increasing the player's volume to anything more actually caused the phones to start distorting (i.e., overdriving them).

post #798 of 1126

Thanks, I guess I should've used the search function :P I'm distracted by my quest to find good cans for my new purchase to drive. I really need something with a huge sound stage with sharp mids and high, and I'm hoping any lack of bass can be fixed by the ZO (hopefully rev3 since I placed my order on the 7th). I want BT's The Antikythera Mechanism to sound like I'm in the middle of the orchestra.

post #799 of 1126

If you have yet to receive it, yea, you're getting the ZO2.3. I assume you are talking about the 7th of December.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasan View Post

Thanks, I guess I should've used the search function :P I'm distracted by my quest to find good cans for my new purchase to drive. I really need something with a huge sound stage with sharp mids and high, and I'm hoping any lack of bass can be fixed by the ZO (hopefully rev3 since I placed my order on the 7th). I want BT's The Antikythera Mechanism to sound like I'm in the middle of the orchestra.



 

post #800 of 1126

So, anything more about rev 3? Is someone out there using this revision, now? We.. want... information! xD

post #801 of 1126


the DigiZoid Twitter account responded to me on Friday stating that they were awaiting parts for the tweaks and should be ready to start shipping sometime Monday (AKA today). I was told I was towards the top of the list for shipping order as I had contacted them about faster shipping, So I'll post here when I receive an email that its being sent out

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisnomad View Post

So, anything more about rev 3? Is someone out there using this revision, now? We.. want... information! xD



 

post #802 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post


the DigiZoid Twitter account responded to me on Friday stating that they were awaiting parts for the tweaks and should be ready to start shipping sometime Monday (AKA today). I was told I was towards the top of the list for shipping order as I had contacted them about faster shipping, So I'll post here when I receive an email that its being sent out



 


Thanks for the update! Will keep an aye on this thread and hope for the best!

 

post #803 of 1126

I just pray it's sorted in the best possible way now without any major issues, they don't deserve the "problems" (because it's not been a problem for everyone) they were facing because it's a fantastic product but if you look from the bright side I think they've learnt something regarding future product launches now at least...

 

I say this again, send out a few "engineering samples" to people before the launch and don't do any last-minute changes without again doing an extensive test with all kinds of equipment you have in the lab, as soon as you change one component on the circuit board it pretty much needs retesting again just in case something unexpected happens. There's no need to rush out the product launch, EA is a good example in the gaming business which usually rushes out half-broken games at launch that needs patching. Do it like "Blizzard" instead and release "when it's ready and tested thoroughly".


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/12/11 at 1:16pm
post #804 of 1126


I'd totally sign up to test a future digiZoid product. Even if i had to pay a small portion of the price to do so (and got the full/fixed version at a discounted price upon return of the test product). 

 

I've been patiently waiting at work checking my email for a status of shipped from digiZoid, but no such luck as of yet. I wonder what the latest time would be that I should reasonably expect an email from them. Hopefully they ship tomorrow, but no rush as long as the shipped product is as good as what they promised

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

I just pray it's sorted in the best possible way now without any major issues, they don't deserve the "problems" (because it's not been a problem for everyone) they were facing because it's a fantastic product but if you look from the bright side I think they've learnt something regarding future product launches now at least...

 

I say this again, send out a few "engineering samples" to people before the launch and don't do any last-minute changes without again doing an extensive test with all kinds of equipment you have in the lab, as soon as you change one component on the circuit board it pretty much needs retesting again just in case something unexpected happens. There's no need to rush out the product launch, EA is a good example in the gaming business which usually rushes out half-broken games at launch that needs patching. Do it like "Blizzard" instead and release "when it's ready and tested thoroughly".



 

post #805 of 1126

Fingers crossed! I need to decide what to do with my original ZO2... :P

post #806 of 1126

Still no word on my ZO2 shipping out yet. Anyone get an email yet?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisnomad View Post

Fingers crossed! I need to decide what to do with my original ZO2... :P



 

post #807 of 1126

I just got an email:

 

"The team at digiZoid appreciates your purchase of ZO2. 

 
In our on-going effort to strive for customers satisfaction, our engineer has added an extra benefit, a high gain mode for use with headphone out. 
 
Your ZO2 will ship this week, as this added benefit has taken extra time to implement. "
post #808 of 1126


Yea, they emailed that to me about a week and a half ago, the day after I originally made my order. I was just wondering about people receiving an email confirming that their ZO2 was shipped yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh-Is-King View Post

I just got an email:

 

"The team at digiZoid appreciates your purchase of ZO2. 

 
In our on-going effort to strive for customers satisfaction, our engineer has added an extra benefit, a high gain mode for use with headphone out. 
 
Your ZO2 will ship this week, as this added benefit has taken extra time to implement. "


 

post #809 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post


Yea, they emailed that to me about a week and a half ago, the day after I originally made my order. I was just wondering about people receiving an email confirming that their ZO2 was shipped yet.



 



2X

post #810 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post


No clue man, just wondering in terms of shipping and why it would cost a lot to do



 



*cough Australia cough*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ZO2 Impression Thread