3rd Gen Touch w/ Fiio LOD totally unusable -- volume bearable but sound distorted. Confirmation that the lineout on my T51 is better all-round, but I admit I havent tried more expensive iPod LODs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread Last post on 9/24/14 at 10:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17 or Z02? Last post on 6/2/12 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help with Double-Amping: Fiio E7 paired with Digizoid ZO2 Last post on 6/18/12 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
ZO2 Impression Thread - Page 25post #361 of 112611/18/11 at 2:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 112611/18/11 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
Did you make a face of that on purpose or is it just my great imagination tricking me? :P
I also believe in cables, as I got 3 pair of different stereo cables (one is an extension) that are all the cheapish type that come bundled with other stuff and they all have a bit different sound to them. Seems the one with the lowest resistance sounds best to me. One of them have the ability to lower the hissing slightly (highest resistance I suppose) but it also sounds the worst to me, well it's got the thickest/muddiest/veiled sound which doesn't play nice with the warmish sounding headphones I have/like. The one with the least resistance (which has the most noise) is brightest, most detailed which might sound even a bit too thin with certain headphones but pairs nicely with my headphones. The extension cable is like somewhere in-between and actually very slightly enhances the soundstage, I like pairing the extension cable with the bright cable lol. With a PRO 900 which has a thin sound it would probably sound best the opposite etc and I don't mean you should buy a $50 cable or whatever but one $5 might sound different to another $5 cable and then depending on what kind of signature your headphone has it depends which cable's sound works best with it.
I'd really like to know what would be a cheap say $10 but good around 2.5m or so stereo cable (because many cables are like low quality that costs probably like 0.30~$0.50 or something to make but they sell them for $10 nonetheless).
lol, nope totally coincidence, but now that you mention it sounds like a Rorschach test, lol,
and I agree with how interconnects can add a different element to the signiture of what I'm hearing!
I don't know if its having gifted ears, but more due to being lucky, since my initial noticing of any kind of a difference in sound was on some nice sounding but not all together balanced IEMs, with the TF10s the siver lod seemed like a no brainer along with its SS of heavy bass, the silver was a shoe in to making a difference! like the bass light RE262s, the all copper L9 easily added to that dept. otherwise if they were more balanced in the SS more than likely I would have never heard any difference, and to this day I would say that cables don't make a difference what so ever! so if you have some IEM that scale on one end more than the other you will probably hear the difference that more or less resistant interconnect cable wire offers, from copper, gold, silver or any combo in between, will provide, jmo, I highlighted what RPG says up above, he's on the right track!post #363 of 112611/18/11 at 6:53pmpost #364 of 112611/18/11 at 7:15pm
no no no not OT, ka-sweet is the sound that is made when after you hear what the ZO can do to your music, but usually while huddled in a ball weeping, or asleep with your thumb in your moouth, LOL!post #365 of 112611/19/11 at 5:43pm
The ZO2 has possibly improved a little further since 20hrs or so of use, I'm probably at 35~40hrs and the bass just gets tighter and tighter and I start noticing ZO2's quite nice soundstage more and more as I listen to old favorite songs. Now I can turn up to like lvl4-5 and bass is still not too overhelming on the HTF600 when I at first concidered only lvl1-2. It really seems like burn-in is a must for these if wanting to hear the full potential...
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/20/11 at 3:55ampost #366 of 112611/20/11 at 2:12am
I'm getting a bit scared. I'm reading that people are using ZO with not too bassy headphones on low levels and they are satisfied. And I was intending to useit with XB1000 on the highest level all the time...post #367 of 112611/20/11 at 3:15amQuote:
I've got a fever. And the only prescription... is more cowbell.post #368 of 112611/20/11 at 3:17amQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
The ZO2 has possibly improved a little further since 20hrs or so of use, I'm probably at 35~40hrs and the bass just gets tighter and tighter and I start noticing ZO2's quite nice soundstage more and more as I listen to old favorite songs. Now I can turn up to like lvl4 and bass is still not too overhelming on the HTF600 when I at first concidered only lvl1-2. It really seems like burn-in is a must for these if wanting to hear the full potential...
The main problem here is to know if the burn in is happening on the device or your ears! :DMine still on Customs... :(It's gonna hurt...post #369 of 112611/20/11 at 9:00amQuote:
lol, "Don't fear the Reaper" baby, BOC, SNL! been there seen that, loved it! yes MORE cowbell indeed!post #370 of 112611/20/11 at 10:01amQuote:
With the Cowon J3 and MachBass? - That would be illegal.post #371 of 112611/20/11 at 11:59am
J3 paired with zo2 and MachBass on distorts even at the lowest contour levels...
Edited by Optimus Praim - 11/20/11 at 2:31pmpost #372 of 112611/20/11 at 2:19pm
There is a reason that DigiZoid specifically tell you to turn off ALL EQ on your source - for some here, you could put chocolate syrup on chocolate mudcake and they would still be looking up at you and asking if you have any chocolate sprinkles to go with that ......post #373 of 112611/20/11 at 8:51pmpost #374 of 112611/20/11 at 9:30pmQuote:
I'll take one fo those with 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream please.
- ZO2 Impression Thread
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 36 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 53 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Earphone Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 10 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear