Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread Last post on 9/24/14 at 10:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17 or Z02? Last post on 6/2/12 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help with Double-Amping: Fiio E7 paired with Digizoid ZO2 Last post on 6/18/12 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
ZO2 Impression Thread - Page 23post #331 of 112611/17/11 at 5:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 112611/17/11 at 5:17pmQuote:
You are lucky to be able to hear anything at all - I cant believe DigiZoid's lawyers didnt insist on this from the get-go:
Disabled bypass/standby functionality to protect the listener/equipment from excessive volume levels when ZO is coupled to line-out and in bypass mode.
I believe there are nanny-state laws in Europe limiting the max dB output of portable players - I guess the ZO and other headphone amps are exempt. I dont want to see any player crippled, but right the V2 is just plain scary from the lineout of a decent DAP.post #333 of 112611/17/11 at 7:22pmpost #334 of 112611/17/11 at 7:29pmpost #335 of 112611/17/11 at 7:30pm
Mike from Headfonia has weighed in with some early (and surprising) impressions in the middle of his Blog conversations with various posters.
I've tested the Zo sooner than I thought and I'm loving the sound with the ER4P and the HM-602 that I was using.
I assume you've read about the SmartVector™ technology that they use, right? I don't really know what they do in there, but it does make music sound very good. I'm hearing a smoother and more dynamic sound with the SmartVector on. You can adjust the contour to two extremes. One is a super thick sound that boosts the mid and low end body, the other to a thin yet very spacious sound. On the ER4 and classical music I prefer to add a little bit of thickness to the sound, but only a little bit to the mild amber color.
I'd be very interested to hear the V2 (yes, he is talking about the V2 above) with the er4p, particularly given the hiss complaints we've seen to date. My IEMs (or ears ..) just aren't sufficiently sensitive for it to be an issue.post #336 of 112611/17/11 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by shotgunshane
Yes, it's from their web site.
bummer, mine is in central america... shipping from the US to here is not the same as from here to the US. we're talking about 50$ shipping. guess I'll have to see if it works with my cans, and if not, open it up, steal the design and sell it to chinese companiespost #337 of 112611/17/11 at 7:57pmpost #338 of 112611/17/11 at 7:58pmQuote:
Even without tracking?
post #339 of 112611/17/11 at 8:08pmpost #340 of 112611/17/11 at 8:14pmpost #341 of 112611/17/11 at 8:26pm
A question for people from the USA
How much did you guys pay for shipping and how much do you need to pay for the return shipping?
I'm from Canada and it cost me $30 dollars for shipping and probably another $20 to send it back.post #342 of 112611/17/11 at 8:30pmpost #343 of 112611/17/11 at 8:30pmQuote:
I assume digizoid will pay the back shipping, if that is what you were asking. what I dont know if is customs is going to charge me again to get it in the country. I paid around $15 the first time.
why did I order this? I hate you all FOTMers!!post #344 of 112611/17/11 at 8:32pmQuote:
You are not going to like this but DZ charged $5.20 to deliver in the US. Return is about the same by USPS.
Edited by burtomr - 11/17/11 at 8:36pmpost #345 of 112611/17/11 at 9:07pm
The'll start shipping on 21st. Since I don't own any sensitive headphones hiss (if it still has it) shouldnt be a problem.
And if its faulty I'll just send it over to repairs. Only bad thing is that customs is a bitch around here and I might have to do some paperwork to not get taxed again.
Well I took a screenshot of it just to prove I'm not insane
- ZO2 Impression Thread
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 1964 / 64 Audio Adel U8 w/S1 + MAM modules 35 seconds ago
- › MassDrop HIFIMAN HE-350 or ATH-AD700X 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 9 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear