The finish looks great! Hopefully it wears well too.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread Last post on 9/24/14 at 10:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17 or Z02? Last post on 6/2/12 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help with Double-Amping: Fiio E7 paired with Digizoid ZO2 Last post on 6/18/12 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
ZO2 Impression Thread - Page 3post #31 of 112611/7/11 at 9:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 112611/7/11 at 9:42ampost #33 of 112611/7/11 at 9:48ampost #34 of 112611/7/11 at 10:01ampost #35 of 112611/7/11 at 2:07pm
Thanks for that, SoulSyde - interesting that those who have responded are more interested in how it looks than your observation re hissing. Past experience tells us which of these two 'features' will ultimately decide the fate of a new amp.post #36 of 112611/7/11 at 2:30pmpost #37 of 112611/7/11 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by SoulSyde
The problem is that you took it upon yourself to suggest the start this thread early. This is what you get. I had intended to change the title of the original thread to "Impression" once they started arriving and I was going to link everyone to the page where they started in the OP. Oh well.
Hey, we now have some impressions 3 pages into the thread - in your old thread, that would have read '30 pages' : I consider that a win. More importantly, those who come looking for actual impressions at a later date will be able to find them without trawling through post-after-post of speculation and purchase anxiety.
Perfect world, I would have preferred that you start this thread, but it didnt happen that way - lets move on. Enjoy your ZO2.post #38 of 112611/7/11 at 3:23pm
Quick impressions using an iPhone 4 with ZO and ZO2.
When switching back and forth from ZO and ZO2 at lowest setting, I cannot really hear any difference in sound. With the ZO, when I click the vector switch a notch or two, there's a nice bump in bass. When using the ZO2, just a single click on the vector switch and the bass distorts. Neither the ZO or the ZO2 is a good match for the HE-300. Moving on to the next headphone.
I've been listening to the HE-300 and ZO2 for the past couple of hours using line-out and the distortion has gone away. I've been messing with the volume on the ZO2 and found a sweet spot somewhere near the middle. I can now turn the vector switch up a couple notches and it makes the HE-300's sound really nice. When listening to the 300's straight out of the iphone, the volume is really low and even when I have it cranked up full volume, it's weak and the potential of the 300's do not shine. Pairing it with the ZO2 and messing around with the volume level and it comes to life. I think the new volume feature might worth its weight. The way these headphones open up, the soundstage, tight bass, I think I'm digging the ZO2 quite a bit now.
I've been listening to the Pro-900 and ZO for a couple of weeks and they pair nicely at the lowest setting. When switching back and forth, I can tell the ZO2 just has more of an oomph. The bass seems a tad bit tighter, but I had to keep switching back and forth to really notice.
The ZO and EX1000 were meant for each other. I've been loving this combination for months. Now to test the two. With an iem, I notice with the ZO2 there's more of an hiss than the original, but no static interference yet. During the testing, I would occasionally hear the ZO interfere but never with the ZO2. With the EX1000, I can notice the difference a bit more than the headphones. Everything is a little bigger, bass is tighter, more punchy, the soundstage opens up slightly more. I get the sense that ZO2 has more power than the original.
I really like the new coating they use and the LED is much brighter then the original. For owning both the ZO and ZO2, I cannot justify having both since the difference in sound really isn't a big jump. Now when I try it out with the ipod and lod, then I'm sure the ZO2 will be more to my liking.
Edited by DannyBai - 11/7/11 at 10:11pmpost #39 of 112611/7/11 at 5:29pm
That I am. It's a nice device.
I also agree with DannyBai's impressions. I feel same with regard to my Pro 750s as he does his Pro 900s. Like DannyBai's impressions of the ZO2 paired with the EX1000 - with dynamic driver IEMs the ZO seems work better than with BA-based IEMs. I don't get the same oomph with my SE535s as I do my other dynamic IEMs.
My Sennheiser PX-100s seem to absolutely love the ZO2.
I really don't know what else I can say about it. It's not going to get you laid, make you richer, or put more hair on your head - but it does one thing very well.... add more bass with little degradation in sound, even when pushed to the max. I'll leave the lengthy reviews with all the flowery prose to someone who feels motivated.
My only complaint (again) is the amount of hiss I am experiencing with any in-ear headphone. I think this a bit of a design flaw and should be corrected in future models. It's an easy thing for the consumer to correct, but you do need an impedance adapter to do so.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for theirs and I hope you all enjoy them when they arrive.
Edited by SoulSyde - 11/7/11 at 5:30pmpost #40 of 112611/7/11 at 5:31pm
Got my ZO today. Tried going from my 601 line out to Z0 but too loud even with the Z0 volume all the way down and 601 all the way down. So I used just the ear out on the 601 and much better. Definately fills in bass and mids on my B2's, just used up to 3 clicks, all that was needed, but definately clarity missing from ear out. Did I hook it up wrong?post #41 of 112611/7/11 at 5:38pmpost #42 of 112611/7/11 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by soundbear
Got my ZO today. Tried going from my 601 line out to Z0 but too loud even with the Z0 volume all the way down and 601 all the way down. So I used just the ear out on the 601 and much better. Definately fills in bass and mids on my B2's, just used up to 3 clicks, all that was needed, but definately clarity missing from ear out. Did I hook it up wrong?
Got me - impedance mismatch ? Defective ZO2 ? Defective 601 (distinct possibility..) ?post #43 of 112611/7/11 at 5:59pm
I've got a zo2 on the way and want to say thanks to all the early reviewers for the first impressions!
It seems like the common complaint is hissing when used with iems- SoulSyde mentioned an impedance adapter- where to buy?
would using the zo2 w/ a LOD reduce that hissing at all?post #44 of 112611/7/11 at 6:07pm
Does anyone else have this issue ? ... I noticed when listening to the M2Cs and Turbine Pro Copper there is a noticeable amount of hiss at any volume. When they are directly plugged into the J3 I do not have this issue.
Other impressions .... ZO2 has a tremendous amount of power behind such a small device, how much more ? E11 Vs ZO2 ... IMO it's the difference between day and night.
The biggest downside to that is at higher volumes I hear distortion in either headphone. It's not a bad thing, just I will need to tweak over time and find a nice balance.
Also has mentioned in the instruction booklet, Neutralize your source .... start with a flat EQ.post #45 of 112611/7/11 at 6:09pm
- ZO2 Impression Thread
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 12 seconds ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › AKG new N90Q 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Closed-Back Headphone Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear