Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best Earbuds Under $100 with Great Bass?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Earbuds Under $100 with Great Bass?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

Hey everyone, I currently own the 9Wave NW Studio plastic. It's a great earbud but it lacks bass which sucks because I listen to a lot of hip hop. Could anyone please recommend me some other earbuds (no in ear or over the ear models) that have good sound stage / mids and highs / and awesome bass for under $100? Thanks! 

post #2 of 20

What you're asking for just isn't going to happen.

post #3 of 20
Bose IE2 fits more like earbuds and they offers rich full bodied bass with good mids n highs. The others are like Audio Technica earbuds, PK2, Beyerdynamics, AKG, Altec Lansing, Fischer Audio and Denon.
post #4 of 20

Try and find a used Future Sonic Atrio M5

post #5 of 20
hello fates,

Most likely earbuds won't get you the hard-hitting low-end and reverb you require. However, a great choice would be to look for an used sennheiser mx 9 series that generally will be ~100.
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fates View Post

Hey everyone, I currently own the 9Wave NW Studio plastic. It's a great earbud but it lacks bass which sucks because I listen to a lot of hip hop. Could anyone please recommend me some other earbuds (no in ear or over the ear models) that have good sound stage / mids and highs / and awesome bass for under $100? Thanks! 


Awesome bass in earbuds? You're kidding me.

 

post #7 of 20

Awesome bass? From an earbud? Sorry, but I think you're going to have to venture into IEM land if that's what you're after.

post #8 of 20

I am burning in a pair of earbuds from TFTA. The first thing that stands out is the bass. It offers more bass than any other earbuds I have ever used, even compared to the Yuin PK3, which is regarded to have some of the best bass for earbuds.

 

The mids and highs are good but I wont comment any further as I need to burn them in and if the PK3's are anything to go by, these should open up quite a lot.

 

So my recommendation for earbuds with good bass would be the TFTA earbuds.

post #9 of 20
@navmau
Have you tried the senn mx980? I doubt that your buds bass is no match for 980's bass and soundstage.
Sorry just in a mood for boasting my buds lol. Price is crazy though..

Mx470/471 has great bass too though imho..
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by navmau View Post

I am burning in a pair of earbuds from TFTA. The first thing that stands out is the bass. It offers more bass than any other earbuds I have ever used, even compared to the Yuin PK3, which is regarded to have some of the best bass for earbuds.

 

The mids and highs are good but I wont comment any further as I need to burn them in and if the PK3's are anything to go by, these should open up quite a lot.

 

So my recommendation for earbuds with good bass would be the TFTA earbuds.


I think Nav, its over his budget, as the TFTA's are 150$  but agreed, great bass response!

 

@OP:

For $100 and under, i would say the EX500's where good (after-burn-in)

 

Although I would strongly suggest investing a little more (although that's 50% more than you wanted to spend), and get the TFTA's

 

I think people are getting worked up about you using earbuds...lol

I think you meant IEM's but didn't know hwo to say it

 

 

post #11 of 20

Fates, 

 

As you probably aren't quite familiar, there are few iems and cans out there with a "perfect" balance of mids/highs/lows and soundstage. Furthermore, it is widely considered that earbuds are inferior to isolated/closed monitors and headphones mainly due to the unreliability of its design. This is the main point most of the posters here are insinuating. But then again it's less of a negative thing. There are trade-offs for comfort. Once again if you absolutely adamant in purchasing an earbud, check out the review threads floating around.

post #12 of 20

Don't listen to anyone who said you cant get it, they have no idea what they are talking about.  Get a used MX980 and get back here and rub it in their faces.

post #13 of 20

That's like being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome.popcorn.gif

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

Don't listen to anyone who said you cant get it, they have no idea what they are talking about.  Get a used MX980 and get back here and rub it in their faces.


You bet. cool.gif

 

post #15 of 20



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


I think Nav, its over his budget, as the TFTA's are 150$  but agreed, great bass response!

 

 



Nah, I got the $50 earbuds (the black plastic ones) not the  $150. The XB IEMs are $150 though.

I am still not sure if the OP meant IEM or conventional earbuds so I am just going on earbuds.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post

@navmau
Have you tried the senn mx980? I doubt that your buds bass is no match for 980's bass and soundstage.
Sorry just in a mood for boasting my buds lol. Price is crazy though..
Mx470/471 has great bass too though imho..


I haven't used the 980's but the TFTA earbuds have better bass than the MX470 IME.
 

 


Edited by navmau - 11/7/11 at 7:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best Earbuds Under $100 with Great Bass?