How is the sound stage compared to the HE-6 and T1? Is the LCD-3 darker sounding than the HE-6 and T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Identifying Audeze LCD-3 with Fazors Last post on 3/2/16 at 2:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze@HeadAmp: See the Frequency Response graph before you buy Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:17pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ray Samuels Dark Star vs Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 5/8/16 at 1:41am in High-end Audio Forum
- Free "Audeze In The Crates" Event ft. Jared & The Mill Last post on 3/23/16 at 10:41am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The soundstage is a little better on the LCD-3 than the HE-6, but similar. The T1 is a little better, IMO. The LCD-3, while not dark sounding, is darker than the T1 or LCD-3, yes.
Well considering the rig I'm putting together it looks like this will be the last upgrade. No need to do it immediately over my R2, but after I get my amp and DAC I could see these replacing my R2...
I'm sorry dear wallet...Not that you've had anything in your for ages thanks to this place.
Great review Rob!
Can't wait to get my pair and give them a whirl. I am curious to hear how they compare to the LCD-2 rev. 2, which I found many similar improvements over the Rev. 1 that you have found with the LCD-3s.
thanks for awesome comparisons :D
answered all my questions about them ? ( Mids Vs R10 , imaging vs R10 and T1 , Sound stage vs R10 and T1, transparency vs HE6 )
But, there is one thing, How does the Audez'e Ed. compare to Laben CS300XS and pioneer SX1980 , while driving the LCD3. i thought you still preferred the Leben with LCD2 / R10, ( by very small margin of course ).
SO , whats you desert island rig now , Leben CS300XS + LCD3 or Audeze Ed. + LCD3 or is it still the R10 ?
( i understand that this can be subjective , i am just asking because from what i have read in your impressions, my listening impressions somewhat are close to yours )
Thanks for the great review.
Good question. I do think that I prefer the Leben just slightly with the LCD-3, but the RWA AE was so close that which I preferred often varied from song to song. The Leben is a little warmer and lusher than the AE, and so on some songs it was better, on others it was not. both are so good, though, that "better" was a tough call.
Oh dear is all I can say...
Thanks Skylab for another well considered, very comprehensive review. Like MrQ I have the LCD2 r1 and the T1, so personally these were valuable comparisons.
As well I look forward to your forthcoming Corda Classic and Bifrost (with Lyr?) reviews to help get more reference points.
I note you didn't mention the MiniTorii - but you reported more than enough amps, sources and 'phones as it is!
- REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones
- › Cowon Plenue D 23 seconds ago
- › How many DAPs do you have? 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers ETHER: mint 7 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 9 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...