How is the sound stage compared to the HE-6 and T1? Is the LCD-3 darker sounding than the HE-6 and T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze@HeadAmp: See the Frequency Response graph before you buy Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:17pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones Last post on Today at 7:04 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SOLD: Audeze stock cable with 1/4" connector Last post on 2/7/15 at 7:14am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware. Last post on 2/6/15 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The soundstage is a little better on the LCD-3 than the HE-6, but similar. The T1 is a little better, IMO. The LCD-3, while not dark sounding, is darker than the T1 or LCD-3, yes.
Well considering the rig I'm putting together it looks like this will be the last upgrade. No need to do it immediately over my R2, but after I get my amp and DAC I could see these replacing my R2...
I'm sorry dear wallet...Not that you've had anything in your for ages thanks to this place.
Great review Rob!
Can't wait to get my pair and give them a whirl. I am curious to hear how they compare to the LCD-2 rev. 2, which I found many similar improvements over the Rev. 1 that you have found with the LCD-3s.
thanks for awesome comparisons :D
answered all my questions about them ? ( Mids Vs R10 , imaging vs R10 and T1 , Sound stage vs R10 and T1, transparency vs HE6 )
But, there is one thing, How does the Audez'e Ed. compare to Laben CS300XS and pioneer SX1980 , while driving the LCD3. i thought you still preferred the Leben with LCD2 / R10, ( by very small margin of course ).
SO , whats you desert island rig now , Leben CS300XS + LCD3 or Audeze Ed. + LCD3 or is it still the R10 ?
( i understand that this can be subjective , i am just asking because from what i have read in your impressions, my listening impressions somewhat are close to yours )
Thanks for the great review.
Good question. I do think that I prefer the Leben just slightly with the LCD-3, but the RWA AE was so close that which I preferred often varied from song to song. The Leben is a little warmer and lusher than the AE, and so on some songs it was better, on others it was not. both are so good, though, that "better" was a tough call.
Oh dear is all I can say...
Thanks Skylab for another well considered, very comprehensive review. Like MrQ I have the LCD2 r1 and the T1, so personally these were valuable comparisons.
As well I look forward to your forthcoming Corda Classic and Bifrost (with Lyr?) reviews to help get more reference points.
I note you didn't mention the MiniTorii - but you reported more than enough amps, sources and 'phones as it is!
- REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones
- › Grado Fan Club! 17 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 20 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 25 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 37 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3