How is the sound stage compared to the HE-6 and T1? Is the LCD-3 darker sounding than the HE-6 and T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Identifying Audeze LCD-3 with Fazors Last post on 3/2/16 at 2:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze@HeadAmp: See the Frequency Response graph before you buy Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:17pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Free "Audeze In The Crates" Event ft. Jared & The Mill Last post on 3/23/16 at 10:41am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Audeze almost black-friday sale Last post on 12/9/15 at 9:17am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The soundstage is a little better on the LCD-3 than the HE-6, but similar. The T1 is a little better, IMO. The LCD-3, while not dark sounding, is darker than the T1 or LCD-3, yes.
Well considering the rig I'm putting together it looks like this will be the last upgrade. No need to do it immediately over my R2, but after I get my amp and DAC I could see these replacing my R2...
I'm sorry dear wallet...Not that you've had anything in your for ages thanks to this place.
Great review Rob!
Can't wait to get my pair and give them a whirl. I am curious to hear how they compare to the LCD-2 rev. 2, which I found many similar improvements over the Rev. 1 that you have found with the LCD-3s.
thanks for awesome comparisons :D
answered all my questions about them ? ( Mids Vs R10 , imaging vs R10 and T1 , Sound stage vs R10 and T1, transparency vs HE6 )
But, there is one thing, How does the Audez'e Ed. compare to Laben CS300XS and pioneer SX1980 , while driving the LCD3. i thought you still preferred the Leben with LCD2 / R10, ( by very small margin of course ).
SO , whats you desert island rig now , Leben CS300XS + LCD3 or Audeze Ed. + LCD3 or is it still the R10 ?
( i understand that this can be subjective , i am just asking because from what i have read in your impressions, my listening impressions somewhat are close to yours )
Thanks for the great review.
Good question. I do think that I prefer the Leben just slightly with the LCD-3, but the RWA AE was so close that which I preferred often varied from song to song. The Leben is a little warmer and lusher than the AE, and so on some songs it was better, on others it was not. both are so good, though, that "better" was a tough call.
Oh dear is all I can say...
Thanks Skylab for another well considered, very comprehensive review. Like MrQ I have the LCD2 r1 and the T1, so personally these were valuable comparisons.
As well I look forward to your forthcoming Corda Classic and Bifrost (with Lyr?) reviews to help get more reference points.
I note you didn't mention the MiniTorii - but you reported more than enough amps, sources and 'phones as it is!
- REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 12 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 13 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 13 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 14 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse