How is the sound stage compared to the HE-6 and T1? Is the LCD-3 darker sounding than the HE-6 and T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Identifying Audeze LCD-3 with Fazors Last post on 3/2/16 at 2:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze@HeadAmp: See the Frequency Response graph before you buy Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:17pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Audeze Trade-In, Trade-Up Program Last post on 7/17/16 at 2:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Audeze Trade-In, Trade-Up Program Last post on 6/3/16 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The soundstage is a little better on the LCD-3 than the HE-6, but similar. The T1 is a little better, IMO. The LCD-3, while not dark sounding, is darker than the T1 or LCD-3, yes.
Well considering the rig I'm putting together it looks like this will be the last upgrade. No need to do it immediately over my R2, but after I get my amp and DAC I could see these replacing my R2...
I'm sorry dear wallet...Not that you've had anything in your for ages thanks to this place.
thanks for awesome comparisons :D
answered all my questions about them ? ( Mids Vs R10 , imaging vs R10 and T1 , Sound stage vs R10 and T1, transparency vs HE6 )
But, there is one thing, How does the Audez'e Ed. compare to Laben CS300XS and pioneer SX1980 , while driving the LCD3. i thought you still preferred the Leben with LCD2 / R10, ( by very small margin of course ).
SO , whats you desert island rig now , Leben CS300XS + LCD3 or Audeze Ed. + LCD3 or is it still the R10 ?
( i understand that this can be subjective , i am just asking because from what i have read in your impressions, my listening impressions somewhat are close to yours )
Thanks for the great review.
Good question. I do think that I prefer the Leben just slightly with the LCD-3, but the RWA AE was so close that which I preferred often varied from song to song. The Leben is a little warmer and lusher than the AE, and so on some songs it was better, on others it was not. both are so good, though, that "better" was a tough call.
Oh dear is all I can say...
Thanks Skylab for another well considered, very comprehensive review. Like MrQ I have the LCD2 r1 and the T1, so personally these were valuable comparisons.
As well I look forward to your forthcoming Corda Classic and Bifrost (with Lyr?) reviews to help get more reference points.
I note you didn't mention the MiniTorii - but you reported more than enough amps, sources and 'phones as it is!
- REVIEW – Audeze LCD-3 planar magnetic headphones
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 27 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 50 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear