Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 66

post #976 of 2757

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyster View Post


Just reverse the ends of the cable with mic/remote.

So the angled end goes into the headphone & straight into the source.

 



wow, touché I thought I thought of everything!  

 

re TWILIGHT - no, I'm HBO familia all the way!

Reply
post #977 of 2757

The angled end has the usual three wire termination so in general should work with every source.

.....but sometimes we overlook the most simple aspectsbeerchug.gif

 

For nokia phones(if you do not want to swap the ends)- 

Plug the angled end to HP out partially until you see the audio options ( Headphone out/ line out / music stand)

Select your choice

Play a song

Now, press the angled end completely into the HP out

 

Works fine if done correctly(probabilty .9)

post #978 of 2757

A quick question: are the ear pads replaceable? Because I've not seen anywhere a guide to do that or replacement part on the v-moda site, unlike LP2 ones

post #979 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha64 View Post

A quick question: are the ear pads replaceable? Because I've not seen anywhere a guide to do that or replacement part on the v-moda site, unlike LP2 ones


People ask what V-MODA means, it means various things, but one could be "VARIOUS-MOD ARTISTS"  

 

Yes, the  M-80's ear cushions replaceable on M-80 and LP2, but we don't recommend replacing them until you have new ear cushions. They are adjusted during assembly to have the right seal and therefore the best sound.  We will have replacements for purchase down the road, if you need them earlier for some reason, just contact our concierge team for an exception.

 

I'm also testing some pad options once we hit a critical mass to make it worthwhile, like Velour. The faster word of mouth spreads, the faster I can release planned M-80 "MOD" parts and trick accessories like I'm doing VERY soon for LP/LP2!   Any requests?  

 

 


Edited by valkolton - 2/7/12 at 8:48am
Reply
post #980 of 2757

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

People ask what V-MODA means, it means various things, but one could be "VARIOUS-MOD ARTISTS"  

 

Yes, the  M-80's ear cushions replaceable on M-80 and LP2, but we don't recommend replacing them until you have new ear cushions. They are adjusted during assembly to have the right seal and therefore the best sound.  We will have replacements for purchase down the road, if you need them earlier for some reason, just contact our concierge team for an exception.

 

I'm also testing some pad options once we hit a critical mass to make it worthwhile, like Velour. The faster word of mouth spreads, the faster I can release planned M-80 "MOD" parts and trick accessories like I'm doing VERY soon for LP/LP2!   Any requests?  

 

 



I like what I am reading this seems like a step in the right direction! Everyone tell your friends right NOW!! LOL

 

post #981 of 2757

Val?

Whats the deal with super mic?

Wasnt the release date suppose to be today?

post #982 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post


People ask what V-MODA means, it means various things, but one could be "VARIOUS-MOD ARTISTS"  

 

Yes, the  M-80's ear cushions replaceable on M-80 and LP2, but we don't recommend replacing them until you have new ear cushions. They are adjusted during assembly to have the right seal and therefore the best sound.  We will have replacements for purchase down the road, if you need them earlier for some reason, just contact our concierge team for an exception.

 

I'm also testing some pad options once we hit a critical mass to make it worthwhile, like Velour. The faster word of mouth spreads, the faster I can release planned M-80 "MOD" parts and trick accessories like I'm doing VERY soon for LP/LP2!   Any requests?  

 

 



Hey Val. I have had my M-80s for nearly a month, and they beat the hell out of any other headphones i've used. But as far as requests, my number one request is more color choices for the side/ear plates. I want to get my M-80's personalized, but I am waiting until you come out with better color choices so I only have to make one purchase. However if I could only pick one color, it would be a midnight purple kinda like this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dark+purple&view=detail&id=07BAB07C88CBF4983671B7450B3DB8AC7BECE509&first=121&FORM=IDFRIR

 

post #983 of 2757

House of spears

i agree and disagree

the lettering and stitching high up on the headphones is red

the rest of the headphones are black

one thing I would like to see is perhaps I white version and definitely make it possible to get a red on black plates instead of the standard white on black also black on red

post #984 of 2757

Jude had a white M80 in his Tekzilla video, so maybe that was a proto-type of a different colored M80?

It looked very sleek and nice though, love that pearl white color^^

post #985 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofspears View Post



Hey Val. I have had my M-80s for nearly a month, and they beat the hell out of any other headphones i've used. But as far as requests, my number one request is more color choices for the side/ear plates. I want to get my M-80's personalized, but I am waiting until you come out with better color choices so I only have to make one purchase. However if I could only pick one color, it would be a midnight purple kinda like this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dark+purple&view=detail&id=07BAB07C88CBF4983671B7450B3DB8AC7BECE509&first=121&FORM=IDFRIR

 


A metalic midnight purple like that would look sick... 

 

post #986 of 2757

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


A metalic midnight purple like that would look sick... 

 



I know right? It is by far my favorite color, especially when paired with black. and to pwn3r, I agree that it might look a little weird, but at the same time there isn't THAT much red on the headphones where it would make the purple look THAT out of place. now if you had the V-80's, then it would look horrendous.

 

post #987 of 2757

Thanks Val! I really appreciate the mod for a better and more cushioned earpads because it's slightly stiff to my ears. I don't ask for an aesthetic change, the design of M80 is excellently built and pleasing to anyone. But comfort is my second priority as sound is my first. Sorry I was used to the soft pads of circumaural phones like the Denons, Audeze and Senheisser have.

post #988 of 2757

Just thought I would post here that I'm going to appear tonight on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon behind The Cranberries as they perform. Why post this here you might ask? Because I'm rockin' my M-80s! :p

post #989 of 2757

Rock on!

Rocking with my v-80 now to Jack Johnson. life is good

post #990 of 2757

^ Buckethead / Electric Tears here, life is good...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews