Recent Images In This Thread
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/2/11
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PHCHROME Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Phantom Chrome)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Crossfade M-80? Last post on 11/30/11 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vmoda crossfade. Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Crossfade on the iPod Last post on 11/6/05 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Are V-Moda Crossfade LP's like Beats? Last post on 10/27/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 62post #916 of 26491/25/12 at 1:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 26491/25/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
I was just saying I saw them at Costco, nothing more. I will leave it up to the person to decide what size they want. Heck I still have over 1gb left on mine.post #918 of 26491/25/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
I know, I just wondering what's the benefit of having 8 gigs of internal memory? I'm ordering the Clip+ this week. I want to get the 8 gig, but they only come in black and I want a white one lol. I guess I'm going with a 4 gig plus a 16 gig microSD card since I have only 6 gigs of music.post #919 of 26491/25/12 at 1:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrNurseBJ
I know, I just wondering what's the benefit of having 8 gigs of internal memory? I'm ordering the Clip+ this week. I want to get the 8 gig, but they only come in black and I want a white one lol. I guess I'm going with a 4 gig plus a 16 gig microSD card since I have only 6 gigs of music.
Well some people really do need the most total memory they can get. I am not one of them. I only have 200+ songs in 320kbps, if they were all FLAC then I would def need more.post #920 of 26491/25/12 at 1:55pmpost #921 of 26491/25/12 at 2:07pm
Ehhh...that depends on the player.
Quote:post #922 of 26491/25/12 at 3:30pm
So Val.. what's your target market? Beat the 'Beats' or produce an audiophile grade headphone at a great price? I'll take an M-100 with better SQ, same signature even if it requires some sort of amp.
What class of amp are you looking at? FiiO E10 or E17 or something in the Schiit line. For the general HeadFi community, if they sound great out of a reasonable amp, you probably have a winner. Keep the SQ path and develop another Beats killer. Can't have both.
My 2 cents worth.Quote:Originally Posted by valkolton
The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80. What to do?! Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S? Or go for diff sound signature. I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!
If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.
-vpost #923 of 26491/25/12 at 3:32pm
We're getting a little OT somewhat?
Back on topic, I'd agree with robm321. I've tried the M-80 with a couple of different DAC/Amps (HP-P1, CLAS/PicoSlim, Go-DAP 4.0) and the difference is slight that it doesn't really need an external DAC/Amp. This is off the iPhone 4/4S and iPad1. I've not really tried the M-80 off other sources.Quote:Originally Posted by robm321
I find that the M80s work very well straight from a phone or PC. They do get better with higher end DAC and amp, but I don't feel the change is dramatic. They don't scale as well as some phones at least from what I've discovered so far, but they were meant to be portable.
I'll report back if I test them out on my main set up and hear a large difference.post #924 of 26491/25/12 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
We're getting a little OT somewhat?
Back on topic, I'd agree with robm321. I've tried the M-80 with a couple of different DAC/Amps (HP-P1, CLAS/PicoSlim, Go-DAP 4.0) and the difference is slight that it doesn't really need an external DAC/Amp. This is off the iPhone 4/4S and iPad1. I've not really tried the M-80 off other sources.
Agreed 3X, let's stay on topic of M-80 here, there is now another M-100 wishlist thread we can use too, I'll participate in it actively.
M-80 Amped or not?
Agreed, I don't hear a major diff amped/unamped w iPhone 4S and iPad 2 with M-80. Our LP, LP2 or M-100 protos (all ~50mm) really benefits from amping. This makes sense, because I developed M-80 sound using a iPhone 4/iPad 1 ~90% of the time (other 10% was Macbook, Pioneer mixers and a variety of Androids). I have a lot of amps inc HP-P1, PD, E7, Go-Dap 4, ADL Cruise, but I don't have the time to ABCD test w M-80. Test group subjects we used and I loved the sound of the practical devices' w the AD8397 DAC, HP-P1, E7 the best at CanJam w M-80. The practical devices has the bass boost button that rocks.post #925 of 26491/25/12 at 4:09pmpost #926 of 26491/25/12 at 4:13pm
Mp3skull. You can see the bitrate before you download the song.post #927 of 26491/25/12 at 4:27pmpost #928 of 26491/25/12 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kagelou
Anyone else see the white M80s in this video at 5:45?? They look absolute gorgeous and I sorta despise myself for not waiting a bit for other color options to be released >_<
Yes! I noticed them in another video! I was trying to make sure they weren't LP's and never had a clear view of them.
White cans are beautiful and do attract a lot more attention which can be good for advertising!post #929 of 26491/25/12 at 4:37pmQuote:
Sweet. Im checking out the website right now, and it looks easy enough. A couple questions. Is it completely free? More importantly though, is it safe? because the last thing I want is to come across a detrimental computer virus trying to download a song.... /:post #930 of 26491/25/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Yes and yes. You can preview the songs too. I've been using it ever since Limewire basically got shut down- no problems.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › Help finding over-ear headphones with good positional audio mostly... 32 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 52 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Best keyboards for gaming! 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi