Recent Images In This Thread
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/2/11
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PHCHROME Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Phantom Chrome)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Crossfade M-80? Last post on 11/30/11 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vmoda crossfade. Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Crossfade on the iPod Last post on 11/6/05 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Are V-Moda Crossfade LP's like Beats? Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 62post #916 of 27331/25/12 at 1:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 27331/25/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
I was just saying I saw them at Costco, nothing more. I will leave it up to the person to decide what size they want. Heck I still have over 1gb left on mine.post #918 of 27331/25/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
I know, I just wondering what's the benefit of having 8 gigs of internal memory? I'm ordering the Clip+ this week. I want to get the 8 gig, but they only come in black and I want a white one lol. I guess I'm going with a 4 gig plus a 16 gig microSD card since I have only 6 gigs of music.post #919 of 27331/25/12 at 1:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrNurseBJ
I know, I just wondering what's the benefit of having 8 gigs of internal memory? I'm ordering the Clip+ this week. I want to get the 8 gig, but they only come in black and I want a white one lol. I guess I'm going with a 4 gig plus a 16 gig microSD card since I have only 6 gigs of music.
Well some people really do need the most total memory they can get. I am not one of them. I only have 200+ songs in 320kbps, if they were all FLAC then I would def need more.post #920 of 27331/25/12 at 1:55pmpost #921 of 27331/25/12 at 2:07pm
Ehhh...that depends on the player.
Quote:post #922 of 27331/25/12 at 3:30pm
So Val.. what's your target market? Beat the 'Beats' or produce an audiophile grade headphone at a great price? I'll take an M-100 with better SQ, same signature even if it requires some sort of amp.
What class of amp are you looking at? FiiO E10 or E17 or something in the Schiit line. For the general HeadFi community, if they sound great out of a reasonable amp, you probably have a winner. Keep the SQ path and develop another Beats killer. Can't have both.
My 2 cents worth.Quote:Originally Posted by valkolton
The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80. What to do?! Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S? Or go for diff sound signature. I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!
If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.
-vpost #923 of 27331/25/12 at 3:32pm
We're getting a little OT somewhat?
Back on topic, I'd agree with robm321. I've tried the M-80 with a couple of different DAC/Amps (HP-P1, CLAS/PicoSlim, Go-DAP 4.0) and the difference is slight that it doesn't really need an external DAC/Amp. This is off the iPhone 4/4S and iPad1. I've not really tried the M-80 off other sources.Quote:Originally Posted by robm321
I find that the M80s work very well straight from a phone or PC. They do get better with higher end DAC and amp, but I don't feel the change is dramatic. They don't scale as well as some phones at least from what I've discovered so far, but they were meant to be portable.
I'll report back if I test them out on my main set up and hear a large difference.post #924 of 27331/25/12 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
We're getting a little OT somewhat?
Back on topic, I'd agree with robm321. I've tried the M-80 with a couple of different DAC/Amps (HP-P1, CLAS/PicoSlim, Go-DAP 4.0) and the difference is slight that it doesn't really need an external DAC/Amp. This is off the iPhone 4/4S and iPad1. I've not really tried the M-80 off other sources.
Agreed 3X, let's stay on topic of M-80 here, there is now another M-100 wishlist thread we can use too, I'll participate in it actively.
M-80 Amped or not?
Agreed, I don't hear a major diff amped/unamped w iPhone 4S and iPad 2 with M-80. Our LP, LP2 or M-100 protos (all ~50mm) really benefits from amping. This makes sense, because I developed M-80 sound using a iPhone 4/iPad 1 ~90% of the time (other 10% was Macbook, Pioneer mixers and a variety of Androids). I have a lot of amps inc HP-P1, PD, E7, Go-Dap 4, ADL Cruise, but I don't have the time to ABCD test w M-80. Test group subjects we used and I loved the sound of the practical devices' w the AD8397 DAC, HP-P1, E7 the best at CanJam w M-80. The practical devices has the bass boost button that rocks.post #925 of 27331/25/12 at 4:09pmpost #926 of 27331/25/12 at 4:13pm
Mp3skull. You can see the bitrate before you download the song.post #927 of 27331/25/12 at 4:27pmpost #928 of 27331/25/12 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kagelou
Anyone else see the white M80s in this video at 5:45?? They look absolute gorgeous and I sorta despise myself for not waiting a bit for other color options to be released >_<
Yes! I noticed them in another video! I was trying to make sure they weren't LP's and never had a clear view of them.
White cans are beautiful and do attract a lot more attention which can be good for advertising!post #929 of 27331/25/12 at 4:37pmQuote:
Sweet. Im checking out the website right now, and it looks easy enough. A couple questions. Is it completely free? More importantly though, is it safe? because the last thing I want is to come across a detrimental computer virus trying to download a song.... /:post #930 of 27331/25/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Yes and yes. You can preview the songs too. I've been using it ever since Limewire basically got shut down- no problems.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › For Sale: Fiio X3 + Free Shipping 44 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 57 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE400 @ $299 versus HE500 @ $599 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Hello,everyone! 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob