Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 19

post #271 of 2759

Mr. Kolton, when's the ETA for the M-100s? They look very tentalizing around your neck.... Did you move the cable plug to the right side?

http://www.avguide.com/sites/next-tech-guide/files/rsz_v-modas_val_kolton_shows_off_his_crossfade_m-100_headphones.jpg

My m-80's are sounding awesome btw.....

 

Rock on!!!

post #272 of 2759

Quote:

Originally Posted by boylit View Post

Mr. Kolton, when's the ETA for the M-100s? They look very tentalizing around your neck.... Did you move the cable plug to the right side?

 

My m-80's are sounding awesome btw.....

 

Rock on!!!


He said ETA is mid January to early February for now.

Are those really the M-100?? Didn't know pictures were released...

 

post #273 of 2759

God if those are the M100s, they look like the PERFECT size...but...faux gothness...*cries*

 

Val if you make headphones that isolate well and don't look like they came from the Twilight universe's DJ booths, I will be the first to buy them.


Edited by Gilly87 - 11/20/11 at 7:03am
post #274 of 2759

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

God if those are the M100s, they look like the PERFECT size...but...faux gothness...*cries*

 

Val if you make headphones that isolate well and don't look like they came from the Twilight universe's DJ booths, I will be the first to buy them.


It's likely that they will offer customization options equal to that of the LP series in the future (assuming those ARE the M-100s)

 

EDIT: If I order the M-80s and the customizable plates, would they send them together so that I wouldn't have to pay for shipping for the plates? I know it would take a bit longer since the plates need to be customizable, but I don't really mind since I won't be able to get these cans before I go away over break~

 


Edited by Kagelou - 11/20/11 at 7:25am
post #275 of 2759

What if they are really the m80s and Val is related to Frodo?  tongue_smile.gif

post #276 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagelou View Post

Quote:


He said ETA is mid January to early February for now.

Are those really the M-100?? Didn't know pictures were released...

 




The pic is from Can Jam (www.avguide.com/blog/can-jam-rmaf-2011-report-part-3?page=3).

 

The LP2 pics from the V-moda site have a different cable port than the ones in this pic. So this could be the M-100 prototype... Awesome stuff...


Edited by boylit - 11/20/11 at 8:26am
post #277 of 2759

Quote:

Originally Posted by boylit View Post




The pic is from Can Jam (www.avguide.com/blog/can-jam-rmaf-2011-report-part-3?page=3).

 

The LP2 pics from the V-moda site have a different cable port than the ones in this pic. So this could be the M-100 prototype... Awesome stuff...



hm, I can't seem to spot the differences xD

If it is a M-100 prototype though, and they do not expect to change the size, I'm just going to go ahead and get the M-80s because they seem to be the perfect size for my "ideal" portable~

post #278 of 2759

Hate to be the ram among sheep here, but they don't look any different than the M-80, to me.

 

PS --- But I'm still curious to hear how it sounds compared to the M-80s, though tongue_smile.gif


Edited by Louis8ball - 11/20/11 at 8:59am
post #279 of 2759

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis8ball View Post

Hate to be the ram among sheep here, but they don't look any different than the M-80, to me.


I highly doubt they are the M-80s, the cups are too big

On the V-Moda FB page, check the Tokyo Headphone Festival album. Val has a picture up of himself with the M-80s on, and compare that with the pic above xD

 

 

post #280 of 2759

So, maybe its closer to the LP in terms of size, then?

post #281 of 2759

Yea, I'd say if it's not a prototype M-100, then it's a custom LP2 (or non-limited edition version LP2)

post #282 of 2759

Pretty sure those are the LP2s...since mine are sitting on my desk next to me and they look exactly the same minus the little red V shaped plate on the ends of the headband (but that's one of the pieces that can be modified easily).  LOL.  You guys are such conspiracy theorists.  Definitely NOT the M80s...the M80s are tiny.

post #283 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Pretty sure those are the LP2s...since mine are sitting on my desk next to me and they look exactly the same minus the little red V shaped plate on the ends of the headband (but that's one of the pieces that can be modified easily).  LOL.  You guys are such conspiracy theorists.  Definitely NOT the M80s...the M80s are tiny.



 

Yeah, I know the M-80s are smaller, I'm one of the ones who received a pair in Voyager group they selected. I guess its just hard to tell exactly how large something is (i.e. --- when its resting on someone's neck), in the absence of something else to compare it with as a point of reference, in the same picture.

 

But you're absolutely right though, the M-80s are much smaller happy_face1.gif

post #284 of 2759

Those look a lot smaller than the original LPs...maybe its just the angle or something?

post #285 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis8ball View Post

Hate to be the ram among sheep here, but they don't look any different than the M-80, to me.

 

PS --- But I'm still curious to hear how it sounds compared to the M-80s, though tongue_smile.gif



Those cups are definitely too big to be the M80. I've seen the M80s in real life and those are definitely not them. You can tell especially by the pad thickness.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews