- 704 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/2/11
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PHCHROME Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Phantom Chrome)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Crossfade M-80? Last post on 11/30/11 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vmoda crossfade. Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Crossfade on the iPod Last post on 11/6/05 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Are V-Moda Crossfade LP's like Beats? Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 156post #2326 of 27213/4/13 at 3:24pmWhat's his source and on what music does it sound distorted?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 27213/4/13 at 6:03pmpost #2328 of 27213/4/13 at 6:19pmpost #2329 of 27213/5/13 at 7:54ampost #2330 of 27213/5/13 at 8:34amQuote:
It literally means that your order is waiting to be shipped out. When my order was awaiting shipment, it took another 4 days before being shipped. I personally think that's really slow.. But you be the judge.post #2331 of 27213/5/13 at 9:54amThanks, I really didnt know what it meant, since it looks like they completed the order within 24 hours, and thats with the custom plates. Well, it doesnt really matter if they use four days to get the mail service to ship them. :-/post #2332 of 27213/8/13 at 8:34am
Hey, I have a question.
Can anyone use a multimeter to measure their cable? I'm interested in buying one. My cable measures 2 ohms and another cable i have measures 0.2 ohms and has a definite change in sound.
Which cable do you suggest for me to buy? I don't need buttons and one side needs to have a small connector.
Any other aftermarket cable will do. :)
Anyone know where/which/what cable to buy?post #2333 of 27213/8/13 at 4:57pmLooking for a cable for the X1's? I can measure my V-Moda cables tomorrow if no one's gotten around to it, tho they're both 1-button/mic versions (traded my 3-button iPhone cable for the orange one that comes with the M-100).
I'm generally not a big believer in cables having a substantial impact on sound (unless it's just an awful borderline useless cable), but V-Moda's are pretty nice construction-wise IMO.
The plugs are tiny too, so much so that Mrspeakers bundles this cable as an extra with his Mad Dogs which have a tricky jack that doesn't fit most cables with larger housings (and favors 90/45° cables due to the positioning).
I've only had mine a few months and it's the first cloth sheathed came I've dealt with (on headphones at least), so I dunno about fraying etc., they've got pretty good support/warranties tho.
Edited by Impulse - 3/8/13 at 5:20pmpost #2334 of 27213/8/13 at 6:12pmallright, thank you
It sounds like a worthy cable to have as backup atleast.
I'm not a true cable believer myself but I noticed some slight change with the cable with 10x less resistance.
If let's say, output impedance needs to be low for low impedance cans, it wouldn't be strange if the cable couls make a difference.
Btw I'm interested in the m100 cable too if it would be 'better' I hope the buttons don't change anything.post #2335 of 27213/8/13 at 9:38pmThe two cables I've got are identical AFAIK, except for the color, but I'll measure them both. I just traded for the orange M-100 one because I dig the color and the volume buttons on the iPhone one were useless to me, as I don't have an iPhone (I do have an older iPod touch but I rarely use it anymore).
I'm not sure what colors they sell them in right now, my other single-button one's a red/black. They made some improvements to them at some point and separated the mic capsule from the button's capsule which supposedly helped reduce mic noise (on the other end of your call, they aren't microphonic) when moving etc.
That was a few months ago so I imagine all the cables are now the same, they were calling the new ones SpeakEasy I think. Mine are both that newer version.post #2336 of 27213/9/13 at 9:32pm
For the third time in the 14 months I have owned my M-80s, sound is cutting out in the left channel. I sent them back for repair the previous two times and will not do so this time. I will fix these dang things on my own.post #2337 of 27213/11/13 at 7:04ampost #2338 of 27213/11/13 at 8:18ampost #2339 of 27213/11/13 at 8:50ampost #2340 of 27213/11/13 at 8:51amQuote:
That's really strange. What do you think it is that is causing your headphones to break? Have you popped them open yet?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 38 seconds ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 1 minute ago
- › PONO - are you really serious??? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 5 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude